• Tweets

• Morning guys As Bank suggested, I've now re-worked my POC to include details of my parcel's original loss,  miraculous rediscovery a month later and subsequent delivery, albeit having been opened and the contents removed. Grateful for your thoughts please, as (P2G having gone very quiet) I intend to initiate court proceedings against P2G tomorrow - 1 May. Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing 8 second-hand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and whilst Evri collected the parcel for delivery on 18 March 24 they then ‘misplaced’ it a day later, formally declaring it lost on 27 March. On 16 April they found it and delivered it on 17 April but, at some point before delivery, it had been opened and the contents removed . The defendant refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is also in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80  
    • Odd one this, I recieved 2 notice's for the 18th and 19th April stating that I overstayed on Wigan Robin Retail Park. Permitted Minutes 180. They state I was there 355 minutes on the 18th and 388 minutes on the 19th. Both times I was there around 10 minutes getting my wife a brew from costa after dropping the kids off at school.  On both days I had passed through there a second time around 3pm, again to get a brew then left. Both notices have 2 images each, Entrance and exit.  This is the interesting bit. The Entrance images both timestamped actually clearly show I am exiting the retail park not entering it. And the exiting images they provided show me leaving the carpark after visiting a second time later in the day. In the attachments You'll see all 4 images show that I am exiting, none of them are of me entering. I understand most if not all that see this post won't know the area but if the look at the map link i gave you'll see the road I was on leading up to the main road. g24 ltd 1.pdfg24 ltd 1.pdf GoogleMap view of the road I am on in the entrance images I would have had dashcam footage but I since formatted the memory card. I tried recovery tools but I couldn't get the files back.  
    • An update: I just got another PCN. I get the feeling that someone in the residence is calling OPS, as it's dated for a few mins after I parked. I won't appeal of course. Interestingly, our cleaner was also parked but didn't get a PCN. I asked them why and apparently they're whitelisted. I did ask the MA if they could whitelist me and they said they couldn't. Clearly they decided not to tell the truth. Surely, this would resolve all of the issues entirely i.e. we'd keep non-residents from parking, whilst allowing for residents to park without issue? Also, could OPS now take me to court for both PCNs separately, or could it be one case?    
    • I was with sse broadband until Jun 2023 at which point without notifying me they passed me to origin broadband who I was unaware is my supplier now -  My broadband at home kept working and I was under the impression that sse are taking direct debit payments from my bank account and everything is fine because the Internet has continued to work.  To my horror I have just noticed that origin broadband has been sending me PDF bills for £39 a month and the email heading has been showing as just no reply so I thought it was junk and never bother to check it.  I have now noticed a bill every month and now I owe them some £350. I did instruct origin to supply me Internet and therfore don't feel responsible for this debt.  What are my rights and is it a legal debt considered I did not sign any agreements with them - their first contact with me tho was very clever back in July 2023 trying to lure me into an agreement however because I just saw that email now I'm not sure what to do because I owe them 400 pounds nearly supposedly at 39 per month.  Our agreement with sse was for 26 per month but they shut shop and passed us to origin without asking our consent.    The following is what origin email said back in July before they stated sending invoice every month for payment.    We hope you're enjoying your reliable phone and broadband with us. We're just letting you know your phone and broadband package will end on 30 Jun 2023. Thankfully, good things don't need to come to an end - read on to decide what you want to do next.   Below you'll find the details of your current package and some other great options to compare it to.   What can I do - shall I just pay the debt and cancel it and move elsewhere or is there any way I can fight this as they are more or less enforced upon us with out permission by sse who most Likly sold our accounts to them.    Any help greatly appreciated 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

firstship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A default should only remain on your credit file for six years, yes you're correct.

You should raise the issue with the CRA who is processing inaccurate data.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its better to write to the bank

copy them the letter of default

give them 14 days to remove the whole account as it was defaulted more than 6yrs ago and should now not be showing.

or you'll complain to the ICO and seek compensation too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you must also attach a copy of the original default notice

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I am sure somebody has asked this question,but I cannot find it.

Why are CRAs allowed to record data from a third party (ie Bank) and yet take no responsibility for that data, as to whether it is true and does not contravene ICO REGS ,FCA REGS

as an example

I have a long running battle with Equifax, to remove incorrect data,

I have approached the bank/and Equifax 3 times,

the bank say NO,

Equifax state the bank refuse to remove the data and they are only acting on instructions,

the default was issued Feb 2009,

so according to ICO should not show on any CRA file,

and Equifax are not interested at all that I can prove the default date in writing.

Because I don't pay them anything I assume

FS

Have you got all of this in writing?

Have you got all of the evidence needed to sue them in court for defamation?

The real reason why the CRAs take no interest in you as an individual, is simply because they get paid by the DCA's for marking your files.

As soon as you make it known, in writing, that the information on your credit file is inaccurate and they need to remove/process accurately, or you WILL seek legal remedy, then they begin to sit up and take notice.

IMO, I'd write to them once more, advise them to remove the inaccurate data within seven working days, OR you WILL start legal proceedings against them, the data controller, for defamation.

You also need to make a complaint to the ICO regarding them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bazooka,thanks for your reply ,

I have all the relevant documentation ,

although I didn't put this in the post above,

also in writing from the bank in response to my SAR May 2009

I have the letter that states they are unable to find any documentation regarding this loan account,

so the account is also Statute Barred as well,

I have advised Equifax and the Bank of these facts,

and each time I write to them I make it very clear that my letter does not acknowledge the existence of the account, so naturally I haven't paid a single penny for nearly 8 years.

Have made an online complaint to ICO, and as you suggest I will send one final letter stating removal within 7 days or I will seek a Legal Remedy

Again thanks for your help

FS

you write to the original creditor

you enclose proof of the defaulted date

you give them 14 days to remove the wrongful data on aLL CRF providers files

or you will raise a complaint with the ICO

and seek financial Compensation.

dx

and they

4 threads merged,

same advise given weeks ago.

so have you done so?

dx

and they

As I have already stated the ICO have been involved and there is a FINAL letter going of to the bank concerned,HOWEVER my question concerns the lack of responsibility taken by the CRAs,they are getting away without being RESPONSIBLE for any of the data they publish and that is not right in my opinion

FS

Not really as its the banks that inform them

You route is as post 13

and they

you are or were paying the debt off so you have acknowledged the debt and that means the debt doesnt become SB until 6 years after your last payment or acknowledgement of the debt was made.

Regarding your last point,

if the information is incorrect you may sue the people who place that information on your credit file for the resultant damages and the CRA will correct the file to show a true record with regard to the information given to them by the originator.

If they refuse to correct it them you can chase them for contempt of court ut ultimately it is still the bank or whoever is providing that information who is responsible.

As your files are not srictly in the public domain the laws of libel and their burden of proof that is the reverse of most law doesnt apply and you have to prove that damage has been done to your reputation.

the fact that a debt might be sb'd has little or no relationship to if/if not the account shows on your credit file.

that is dictated by a default notice issuance.

and they

agree, however the account is well over 6 years old and should not be on any credit file,hence the ICO complaint,and final letter to bank

What is the date next to the default on your credit file?

The default will not drop off your credit file UNTIL the sixth year anniversary of it being placed on there.

Makes no difference the age of the account.

I know bb but fs appears not be be understanding things......?

• Haha 1

and they

• 1 month later...

So the default reached its 6th birthday then?

and they

great i'll mark the thread resolved.

glad we helped

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

and they

who was the bank please

and they