Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'legislation'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 19 results

  1. We are in the process of taking our builder through the small claims court. We paid him money for a major build which included re-wiring and supply of kitchen. The kitchen was not supplied and we had to pay the supply company ourselves and the wiring was so bad we had to get an electrician in to re-wire the house. The court has asked for the Particulars of the claim but I need to know what legislation is involved and why. All I know is we want a refund of money we believe we have paid twice but legally I don't know what this is. I really need to get this sent off ASAP so any help g
  2. Hi All, I was unlucky to have experienced car accident back in February (other driver liable) where my Audi A1 was written off and I'm going through physio for my whiplash. In March I decided to purchase a used Audi A1 and found one on Autotrader via a private seller. I still have the description of the vehicle which stated what the car came with and also that the car was in 'EXCELLENT CONDITION'. My Dad went to check the vehicle, asked standard questions and took it on a test drive - all seemed fine and we made the transaction via a bank transfer. I received a bill of receipt s
  3. After reading a number of threads I think I have made a mistake. I have 2 debts with Natwest 1. overdraft 1. loan account which they have combined together and I have been paying them an agreed amount .In 2008 I managed to get them to put in writing that they cannot produce an agreement for the loan and further they agreed that all of the money I pay them will be deducted from the overdraft only and it will revert to paying of the loan account when the overdraft is paid. According to their statements they are sticking to that arrangement .I am not
  4. Dear Forum members, I’m new here, so please be gentle. I need some help/advice re dealings with a large bathroom supply company. They prepared some drawings for me and my wife for several bathrooms we needed. They were having a sale, and the salesperson said that if I put down some money, they would hold their sale prices for us after the sale. I put down £3000.00 on my credit card as a goodwill gesture and to secure the offer she had made. Later she gave us a quotation with a list of products they hoped I’d buy from them. My wife told the salesperson that she didn’t particula
  5. People who have been prescribed powerful anxiety or pain relief drugs are being warned about a new drug-driving law. As well as outlawing driving while under the influence of illegal drugs, new legislation will include some prescription medicines. But prescribed doses do not exceed the limits for legal drugs, so most patients should still be safe to drive. Those who are unsure are advised to seek the advice of a pharmacist. The new law, to be introduced 2 March 2015 in England and Wales, aims to catch those who put the lives of othe
  6. Has anyone read this yet? https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/draft-legislation-the-taxation-of-pensions-bill
  7. I had cause to complain to the council as they managed to screw up payments being made on normal council tax, which were applied against previous years arrears instead of the current payments resulting in a summons etc. The council have taken the debt back from the bailiffs, cancelled the liability order and spread the outstanding balance over the next twelve months. However, I have spent many hours looking through all the paperwork and ringing/writing to the council who just couldn't understand where I was coming from. The council have stated that and I quote 'unfortunately the le
  8. I am obliged to Sir Malcolm Rifkind for passing on concerns about proposed new Crime and Courts Bill and kindly took my concerns up with Helen Grant-permanent Under Secretary of State for Justice. HG included a long report back to him on how the consultation has gone and the future implications. It is a long read. One of the interesting snippets was on the section relating to the Cost of Enforcement Amendments. The majority of bailiff companies agree that the costs would be minimal or a couple of thousand pounds at most. All except one which claimed their costs of implementati
  9. I was in full time employment in 2011 but had anaccident which resulted in an injury to my right shoulder which meant I wasunable to continue doing my job. After the SSP payments expired I claimed ESA. Iscored 0 points on the subsequent medical because I was declared fit for workdespite NOT being fit for the job I was employed to do. Following an appeal my ESA payment was finallystopped on 2nd February this year forcing me to resign in order that I mayclaim jobseekers allowance in a few more weeks. BIZARRE SITUATION DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO COVER IT -WHAT AN INSANE POLICY!!
  10. Hi, this is in relation to the use of IBC in the UK. In the UK does an IBC have to display the IBC part in its name. I've searched the internet and cannot seem to get past the adverts for companies that set up IBCs. So if you had Joe Bloggs Limited that was an IBC registered in the Seychelles, in the UK, on applications forms,letterheads etc, does it have to display the IBC bit. Also if it puts its registered address as being in the UK, does this have to be registered at Companies House. thanks
  11. Hi, praticaly all correspondence I receive from my respondent's solicitors is liberally peppered with quoted sections from various procedures and legislation. So much so it does induce a certain amount of word-blindness and unease (which I think is part of the reason it is included!). Are there a few basic pieces of legislation and/or guidance notes that I should be looking at in order to appreciate the overall business of the Tribunal and the responsibilities of both the claimant and the respondent. The tribunal service sent me a few very basic booklets - but nothing that covers th
  12. Good morning, been a visitor to this site for some time as I handle all parking tickets issued against my company vehicles, thought I'd join in officially. 99% of private charges issued against us are for overstaying the free parking at McDonalds and motorway service stations. Until now we have successfully batted off all private land parking charges using all methods outlined in various threads on this site, however, there was a change in legislation on 05 Oct giving the car park operators the right to chase the Registered Keeper for monies owed if we cannot or will not name the driver?
  13. Hi All I would like to take vodafone to task for continuously harrassing me for over 13 months for call charges made from China when my sim card was lost/stolen. The total charged to me was over 2k. The ineptness and frustrations of dealing with the people at vodafone have been incredible. What I want to do is bring pressure on the government by ordering the mobile phone industry to protect their customers similar to the security my Lloyds bank have in place. When an unusual amount tries to be debited from my card it is declined and I have to ok the release of funds with Lloyds, how simple a
  14. Will at any point PPC's be able to demand the details of the driver from the registered keeper under the proposed changes regarding parking and private land. I know it was only a proposal a few months ago, but is anything going to change in favour of PPC's or clampers?
  15. A site as good as this always deserves a little something given back - I hope this helps. For those who don't know, all acts of parliament can be found on http://www.legislation.gov.uk. Traffic Management Act 2004 Part 6 Notification, adjudication and enforcement - Section 79 (5)The regulations shall provide— (a)that an immobilisation device must not be fixed to a vehicle if a current disabled person's badge is displayed on the vehicle; The Disability Discrimination Act 2005 Part 21B The Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) (England) Regulations 2000 Chronica
  16. just wondering about people opinions on weither its being obayed our local corner shop has been advised of the new rules but insist its their right to clamp and still proudly display the clamping sign how about around you?
  17. Please could someone help me find a piece of legislation, not anecdotal, which shows that alcohol dependence should be treated as a sickness by employees? I know it should be but I can't find anything to support this. Also any help with demonstrating it should be capability not conduct
  18. Can any one summarise what will be happening regarding parking on private land, i.e. supermarket car park etc? Will PPC be able to enforce their "tickets" as from October? Will clamping be totally outlawed except for councils? If you are parked on a NHS car park and exceed your time, can a "ticket" be enforced through the courts? Many NHS car parks now require a BB holder to pay a parking charge so what happens if they don't pay for a ticket or exceed the time after October?
  19. I started a tenancy in December 2009 and my annual rent equated to £30,000 per annum. At the time of signing my contract in December 2009, the legislation stated that my deposit did not have to be registered to a deposit scheme eg mydeposits.co.uk because the rent is above £25,000. The legislation changed during my tenancy on 1st October 2010 to say that any tenancy with rent below £100,00 per annum had to now be protected. My landlord did not protect my deposit from this date, is this breaking the law? If so then i know i am entitled to my full deposit plus compensation through
  • Create New...