All 3 main parties want to shake up the appeals

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All 3 main parties want to shake up the appeals system making it more difficult for people to appeal especially if you score Zero.

Well people.

It's All B******s.

I already have decided once i have to change from Is to Esa and it doe's not go in my favor i will be kicking off in a big way because there is no way i can work, so if i cant pay bills, feed myself pay rent ect. whats the point i know i will be in prison because aleast i will have a roof over my head and food in my belly. i will bring this sorry problem to an end.

i belive kick someone hard enough they will break....

Libro....

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

I agree LIBRO, this situation completely lacks logic. I personally am up for action if a group of us decide to, as a many others on the forum, as you know.

To me, the key seems to lie with b****y Atos. I just wish we could get the inside track on their contract with HMG and the instructions they have accepted. Maybe the parties wouldn't be so quick to dismiss us 'shirkers' if the system was exposed in its gruesome entirety.

My best, HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yep, talking to the converted! Its hard to believe that I now count myself lucky for having a progressive disease. Every time I score 0 I can reapply as my health will be worse than the last time. Hurrah!

On another aspect - and I don't know whether to feel selfish or ashamed - but I'm very pleased to have what I have. Knowing that I won't live too long in a world that seems too beset with hatred, spite and unpleasantness.

It is becoming increasingly clear that we will need to stand together at some point in the not too distant future. Let's hope that attacking the vulnerable is a step too far for the general public...

Best wishes

Rae

oh god, i didnt think it could get much worse,we have to do something ,but i dont know what,rae,i have joined face book under my own name but cant the group,give it back,is there a link

All 3 main parties want to shake up the appeals system making it more difficult for people to appeal especially if you score Zero.

Well people.

It's All B******s.

I already have decided once i have to change from Is to Esa and it doe's not go in my favor i will be kicking off in a big way because there is no way i can work, so if i cant pay bills, feed myself pay rent ect. whats the point i know i will be in prison because aleast i will have a roof over my head and food in my belly. i will bring this sorry problem to an end.

Libro....

Where and when did you see or read this? Please could you supply a reference or (preferably) a link to your source.

Regards, Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

thing is its the ones who know how to work the system spoil it for the ones who are the real needy

the yanks give you 6 month of jsa to find a job then bye bye

the genuine ones suffer because of the work shy!

time for change i agree, £6000 tax bill i have for what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now the governments have progress from elderly people that have pass their sell by date to the young disable people.

We have got to be productive no matter what people conditions are to keep these people in their lucrative jobs. The government will not upset their rich friends by asking them to pay their fair share of the cake but they have no problem on hitting on the most vulnerable people to try and get as much from them as possible as it looks good on the media getting all these people of state benefits but it only saving peanuts to what is being wasted in these government departments.

We all are getting old by the second and wonder what will happen to people where they reach the stage when they are no long able to help themselves physically and mentally.

We all will have tubes from our bodies and fed from a big bottle just to keep us alive so these greedy care home people can get whatever money we may have saved during our lives. They want every last penny from us……

Care homes forcing elderly to have feeding tubes fitted | Society | The Guardian

http://www.justice.org.uk/images/pdfs/joint%20press%20release%20hsc%20amendment%2020.5.08.pdf

Good Idea Fuzzgin as this is becoming a big problem now, perhaps you should message site team and ask.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Well people.

It's All B******s.

Libro....

Where and when did you see or read this? Please could you supply a reference or (preferably) a link to your source.

Regards, Paul.

Could we have an ATOS subforum here like the RLP one so that all the ATOS topics are in one place. That might help with a campaign.

Good Idea Fuzzgin as this is becoming a big problem now, perhaps you should message site team and ask.

PF

This thread was begun with an unsubstantiated rumour posted by LIBRO and when I asked for references and links to the source of this misinformation none was provided.

May I suggest that if there is to be an ATOS sub-forum that people avoid using rumour, speculation and conjecture in the guise of fact because it will seriously undermine its impact. If you don't reference and provide links then we might just as well be writing for the Sunday Sport. BTW has anyone sighted Elvis lately?

Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

has anyone sighted Elvis lately?
Third road on the right lol

PF

elvis-presley-poster-311708.jpg

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

The problem with subject specific threads is that they are short lived. An ATOSH only thread has been suggested and attempted many times. The problem is that this is a fast moving forum. Therefore if the thread isn't added to within a few days then it slips to page 2 where nobody looks...

Best wishes

Rae

That's why a sub forum would be great, it would keep the ATOS threads in one place and those having trouble would be able to refer to them more easily. They'd also be more active if people were finding them in their own sub forum.

I was also thinking that everyone who got a zero in their assessment should maybe get together and do something to show how it was wrong. This is just a half formed idea and I'm not sure what. I know this idea of the next government cracking down on appeals by those with zero assessments is not a fact yet, but it is a possibility. People need to understand how a zero can actually be given to someone who is unable to work. Maybe Rae's facebook group could be a good base for that? (Discussion topic, "I got a zero but....." complete in less than 100 words, or something.)

I was also thinking that everyone who got a zero in their assessment should maybe get together and do something to show how it was wrong. This is just a half formed idea and I'm not sure what. I know this idea of the next government cracking down on appeals by those with zero assessments is not a fact yet, but it is a possibility. People need to understand how a zero can actually be given to someone who is unable to work. Maybe Rae's facebook group could be a good base for that? (Discussion topic, "I got a zero but....." complete in less than 100 words, or something.)

Well I got a two but I don't feel a lot better off.

I got my "fat packet of lies" this morning aka the appeal papers. I thought it would be depressing when they came.

And it is.

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Hi doktorjohn. Try not to get depressed, go through the papers with a fine toothcomb when you feel able to and highlight or note everything you don't agree with. If you go to appeal or a tribunal, my opinion is that you need to itemise all their 'misunderstandings' and show how many points you should have been awarded.

A few people here would be quite envious of a whole two points, but I know that's not your real point. It could be worth a look at the stickies at the top of Benefits, if you haven't already.

HB x

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yeah thanx HB I will do my best. Plenty of time but I will plod through.

dj x

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Looked at the stickys and rang my electric supplier (I don't have mains gas). I have to ask the benefits office to pay whatever amount out of my Income Support to them. The scheme is called Fuel Direct.

They can't take much out of what I get so I'll give it a go.