Clamp removed and vehicle driven away.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nice find!

but the male officer was the one who fitted the secondary padlock and chain to my suspension. Now surely this second "clamp" was fitted illegally as the officer didn't leave his name or license number on the release notice. Is that right?

0230012557668374 KIMBERLY HENDRY Vehicle Immobilisation Frontline 09/12/2010 Active 09/12/2009

From where I'm sitting it sounds like this gentleman is unlicensed. If he indulges in any form of frontline immobilisation he must have an SIA license. If he wasn't licensed then the clamping company directors would be guilty of allowing an unlicensed operative to work. They would be liable for a fine of up to £5000 and/or up to 6 months in jail if convicted.

I would be making a report of this to the SIA or threatening to at the very least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mundane CAG rule 1 NEVER EVER phone them UNLESS you can record the conversation otherwise keep everything in writing

As has been suggested it's important to check with the park owners to see if this bunch are employed by them & if not report them to the police for fraud asap

It's becoming a common [problem] where they set up for a few days unknown to the land owner fleece a few motorists then move on. It's seems to be most prevalent around Manchester for some reason

Can you ID this firm tel no's etc as there are those here who will check them out for you

The firm are:

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd

PO Box 1161

Slough

Berkshire

SL2 5PJ

Release contact is: 07979 290758

Main office is: 01753 512603

I've called the owners of the business park and it is private land. However the business park owners don't have any notices indicating that it is private land, or that there is no parking allowed. The only notice that it is private land is that given by the clamping company's signs.

The firm are:

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd

PO Box 1161

Slough

Berkshire

SL2 5PJ

Release contact is: 07979 290758

Main office is: 01753 512603

I've called the owners of the business park and it is private land. However the business park owners don't have any notices indicating that it is private land, or that there is no parking allowed. The only notice that it is private land is that given by the clamping company's signs.

Have you asked the owners if they employ this company

Your an idiot. Drop this whole thing. Cut the thing off and get on with your life. Parking Control Management are proberly reading this laughing their arses off at you. Your wasting fuel to got the police station, stamps on letters and time which you can never get back.

Do yourself a favor and forget it.

Here's a link to it on Google Maps. The ticket says Gypsy Moth Way but it is actually a road off Gypsy Moth Avenue. I parked at the dead end into the field.

Gypsy Moth Ave, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9, UK to Gypsy Moth Ave - Google Maps

Turn left at the marker half way between A and B, then right.

Ashmk, it may seem like a waste of time to you, and you're welcome to cut any clamps off your own car and accept the consequences. I want to do this properly so I can make an example of them.

Ok. After a lengthy conversation with the man that knows, the road is unadopted. From Hatfield Road Mosquito way and thus all the roads of Mosquito way are unadopted. Mosquito way is in the process of a section 38 adoption, but not yet.

Edited by JimmySpangle

The Courtyard 1A Cranbourne Road Slough SL1 2XF Telephone Number 01753 512603 I have Ian Derek Cordingley as the main person. They have plenty of assets - and some unpaid CCJs by the look if it.

The Courtyard 1A Cranbourne Road Slough SL1 2XF Telephone Number 01753 512603 I have Ian Derek Cordingley as the main person. They have plenty of assets - and some unpaid CCJs by the look if it.

Hi Lamma is this guy security registered

apparently they are well known on the Pepipoo website :rolleyes:

The Director is Ian Derek Cordingley DOB 09/01/1964 This i got from ... Ian Derek Cordingley Filed Address (Home) 1 Priory Cottages Uxbridge . who apparently moves about a bit see below

They are run by a David Blake but owned by Ian Derek Cordingley of. Woodbine Cottage ..

OK then tell the park owners they can have THEIR clamp back & that any further harassment from THEIR cowboys will be met with a complaint to the police

Oh & did they know the company claims the clamp was fitted by their licensed FEMALE operative when unless your mistaken it was a bloke who fitted it who you think might be unlicensed

You have got to watcha this It will be the best 36 seconds of your life.

Classic Stuff.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my letter back from the lawyer today, not much has changed except for the collection details and the closing paragraph, I guess I can't charge them to look after their clamp! :lol:

Collection Details

• The clamp may be collected from my university address (above) and I expect you to do so within one week of receipt of this letter.

• The padlock and chain attached to my suspension can also be removed from the same address, and I expect you to do so within one week of receipt of this letter. After that time I will assume that you are not interested in having the padlock and chain returned, in which case I will have the padlock removed by a professional locksmith, and will be forwarding the bill on to PCM. In the eventuality that the locksmith is not able to remove the padlock I will have it removed by other means that may cause damage to the padlock or chain, and returning both to you in whatever condition they are removed from the car in. Further I will hold you responsible for any further damage caused to my car in the removal of the said padlock and chain.

• The padlock and chain must be collected at the same time as the clamp is returned. By arranging to collect either item you are agreeing to collect all items, regardless of whether this was discussed at the time of arranging collection. However, if the week's notice for collection of the padlock and chain has been exceeded, only the clamp is guaranteed to be returned undamaged.

Should you choose to ignore this letter and pursue this matter to court, please note that I will look to you for any costs incurred. Further, I shall look to you for compensation for any damage caused to my vehicle and the distress that this matter has caused to me.

I'll be sending this recorded delivery today. :D

I think you're doing them quite a favour by offering to use a locksmith. I'd just give them the time to come and get it then say you'll remove it yourself. If you use a locksmith I expect you'll struggle to get the money for it out of them.

The adverts that this forum puts around my username and message are not endorsed by me.

Nice work on the removal, clampers are extortion merchants.

You are devoting too much of your time to this, if they do something then react to that, you have done enough.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.