Devere Parking Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well it would be very nice to see the full case details but that clearly is not going to happen and from the way it is written would guess that devereparkinghater was on the wacky backy when writing his rant

To reasure those who may be taken in by his rant I have safely ignored several PPC's. On the few occasions they have used follow up telephone calls have invited them to take me to court with no success so far. This only happens rarely after all their invoices and letters have failed to get a response and if they are getting desperate.

Ignore is the best treatment for these modern highwaymen (carparkmen) as they normally just give up and go away because they know they cannot win in court if you defend the case.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Case number is ...... I would be grateful if any of you have a shred of decency not to publish my home address.

And yes I lost and paid as I didn't want a CCJ or the grief of being harassed.

And my Name is ....., not ...

You lot make it up as you go along.

Why is everybody doubted?

Is it because you think by ignoring things they will go away?

Not everybody works for a clamping company.

I can't understand it.

How do you know, Homer?

My best, HB

Mainly because he just admitted it in post #28 on this thread with an even more outrageous claim/rant/lie.

The OP just needs to ignore this berk and he will go away like the rest of the bottom feeding PPC losers.

Devere was indeed the posh couple in To The Manor Born, methinks Lee has delusions of grandeur

Edited by Homer67
originally posted before finished typing (note to self: don't type in the dark or you will hit the enter key in error)

And to complete the set I went to small claims court on the first ever PPC ticket I received. I won. Not because the PPC failed to show but because I had a well-prepared, valid defence.

Whilst your frustration is understandable, its unfair blame other posters here for your misfortune when you did not give them the opportunity to provide specific advice to you in the first place. Besides even a cursory search through threads will have shown that "ignore" is not the entirety of the advice which suggests that, unfortunately, you went under-prepared.

Ignore is still the best advice and works in 99.9% of cases (except Mr Trolls put up job !!)

In my opinion Devere appear to be rank amateurs in the world of PPC make believe, ignore them with extra scorn !!

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

The Owner of Devere is a guy called Lee and he lives in the Poole Area.

After further research I have also found out he is an ex or an existing magistrate at Poole Borough Council.

Also I must state having received a Parking ticket from these clowns I have ignored it to this day and haven't heard a peep out of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Court papers received- I would love some help with a defence

I received a letter from devere parking services back in August and I ignored it following advice from this page.

The letter stated the vehicle I owned was parked in a disabled bay without displaying correctly a disabled badge.

The badge was displayed but overlapping the lil clock and therefore part of the text was unreadable.

I did nothing and heard nothing,

unfortunately I have now received another similar fine for the same offence.

My mum is quite elderly and I am certainly not passing this on to her as the disabled badge holder to deal with.

The letters come to me as I am the registered keeper of the vehicle and I am keen not to involve her if possible,

she is aware of this but not the court papers.

The court papers state that the disabled badge used is a badge which used to belong to my late father

and Im quite surprised devere parking could access this information

surely this would be a breach of some data protection rule?

It would appear that out of sentiment my mum had retained his badge and has on occasions taken the wrong badge out of her handbag..

..I have now confiscated this.

She does have a badge and has owned one for over 20 years.

It is quite interesting that on the court papers the figures do not match the letter I received threatening court action about 2 weeks ago

but notify the court that in his opinion a deceased persons badge is being used

( I cannot deny this is possible on the basis he has my fathers old badge number and my mum was still carrying it )

She was not the driver of the vehicle on either occasion.

On the court papers it states I have ignored numerous letters when in fact I have only ever received one last year and one very recently.

(albeit i have had a issue with post going to a neighbour

and arriving in my letterbox when Im out

selotaped back up by the neighbour who likes to read my confidential mail

but hasnt the decency to bring it to me in person, another story, i digress )

I wish to dispute this case and attend court if necessary...

..I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me in getting a court response together along with what to do next.

I have to confess to only managing about three hours sleep last night worrying about this

so I feel Mr 'visions of grandeur' parking services has taken from me already far more than I feel he deserves.

I dont really need any more stress in my life right now (when do we)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:rolleyes:FISHWIFE 72

I don't understand how, or why, a PPC would ever take the effort to verify the BB that was on display? Are you suggesting they record every single BB number and check it against some type of database on the off chance that the holder is deceased or can be proven (though god knows how) to be elsewhere at the time of the parking?

THat is what they appear to have done the exact woerding on the court claim in capitals is

THE DEFENDANT WAS DISPLAYING A BLUE BADGE THAT WAS ISSUED TO A MALE OF THE SAME SURNAME WHO HAD DIED IN 2009

I am quite surprised a company such as devere would be given access to information about blue badge holders.......the only was they would have been able to know this information is if this was made available to them through the disabled badge issuers or similar and I intend to find out if this would be classed as a breach of data protection.

Ultimately though I want to know the best way to defend this....I was not the driver but I do not wish to pass this to the person I think was driving, if I am honest I think there were two different drivers one for each occasion.

I also want to protect my mum from the associated stress she is dealing with enough at the moment.

Strange. I think you are right to pursue the issue of how they obtained such information. On a side note, although I am not familiar with the BB system, shouldn't the badge have been surrendered upon the death of your father?

On the issue of the parking "infringement". As you know, the only have access to the name of the RK through DVLA which appears to be you. Therefore they can only raise court papers against you and, as you say you were not the driver on that occasion, then "you" did not breach the terms of their car park.

I would like to take the opportunity to point out that in general on most supermarket car parks

the sign generally states that the parking is reserved for BB holders.

The signs do not ask you to display a BB as a BB has not legal standing on private property therefore cannot be invalid etc.

You could display your distant relative's who lives in the outer Hebrides BB and it still has no legal standing.

This will get thrown out of court the moment you defend it.

However I would start pursuing to find out how they managed to find out the BB was not pertaining to your mother

as that is definitley a breach of data information.

You need to ask them this and they are obliged to give you an answer.

Stress that you will ask this question in court anyway.

Blue badge carries no force at all in private car parks, you should quote the DfT/blue badge regs on this..

Mum is a blue badge holder so she parked okay.

Data protection breach by the sounds of it. They will have had to have gone to the council for this information would they not ?

First step is to get this struck out because the Claimant is not a legal entity.

No legal status on stated on signage.

No legal status stated on correspondence.

No legal status stated in contract with retail park.

Breach of Companies Act 2006 1202:

Disclosure required: business documents etc

(1)A person to whom this Chapter applies must state the information required by this Chapter, in legible characters, on all—

(a)business letters,

(b)written orders for goods or services to be supplied to the business,

©invoices and receipts issued in the course of the business, and

(d)written demands for payment of debts arising in the course of the business.

Do not capitulate under any circumstance as you are on a winner and have nothing to worry about!

They are hoping that you will cough up and not defend.

Purseu the Data Protection issue as that is very wrong and someone coudl end up with a fine far greater than expected.

I have contacted the local council department who issue blue badges..

..they were able to confirm that the data protection act would apply and they would be unable to provide this information to a third party.

They also referred to their parking services who confirmed the same,

I am just waiting on a response from the head of the blue badge department.

They were very helpful on the phone and called me back within 10 minutes.

I have also just received a letter from Devere stating

" this blue badge is being used fraudulently and that may constitute a criminal offence.

We have every intention of writing to the Chief Constable of Dorset

and give him full details of the evidence that we have regarding this matter"

The letter is signed by Steven Williams

A RATHER PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT INTIMIDATING YOU INTO PAYING THEIR BEGGING LETTER !!

The Blue Badge has no authority or meaning in a private car park

and therefore cannot have been used fraudulently in your case,

this amateur attempt to frighten you clearly illustrates the lack of knowledge or understanding of the law,

let him report you as you have not committed any crime no fraud was attempted and none has taken place.

If Mr Williams wants to waste police time that is his perogative,

I would think the CC would laugh at him and his churlish behaviour, What a joke !!

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

If it was me Id accept the fine and just pay especially if I was unclear of what may happen in the sense that you could incurr more charges. Everyone has clearly had different esperiences with this company, so for the sake of a hundred quid...you may aswell pay it! If you go the other way, the amount of grief and stress, letter writing, solicitors and incurred cost...is it cost effective or worth the risk?

If it was me Id accept the fine and just pay especially if I was unclear of what may happen in the sense that you could incurr more charges. Everyone has clearly had different esperiences with this company, so for the sake of a hundred quid...you may aswell pay it! If you go the other way, the amount of grief and stress, letter writing, solicitors and incurred cost...is it cost effective or worth the risk?

Complete and utter rubbish. This is not a fine and the person doesn't owe a penny. As pointed above, the blue badge scheme does not apply on private land,and a private parking company cannot penalize a motorist for a breach of their silly rules.

The Chief Constable of Dorset may also be interested in a company that is operating without stating its legal status on any paperwork.

The county court judge is going to love the threats coming from the claimant in this case.

Well if it is indeed against the data protection act, can't you report them for breaching it? Send them a letter informing them of what they did, how it us illegal and how you will now be reporting them.

Just to see how funny their excuses are!

Deleted