• Tweets

• Sorry, I may have forgot to get back on this. Please monitor for a reply tomorrow
    • Yes, now its just about getting the WS / Court bundle finalised to send to the court / Evri. I've attached the most recent version of the WS / Court bundle to save having to scroll back up to the previous post (#204) where it was also shared. If you, @BankFodder or anyone else has any feedback on this, i'd be grateful for your thoughts. In my previous post #204, i'd also attached an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at Her mes - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender [origin] and the recipient [destination] - I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice.  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (the sender / recipient) is involved in this transaction. I have also attached this redacted invoice in this post to save having to scroll back up. Happy to get any thoughts and if this invoice is no good, then please let me know.   Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • Does anyone know if I would be allowed to record conversations with health professionals for my own use on my phone without them knowing. I know that we are allowed to record phone calls. I do record some of my phone calls for my own use due to my disability and if anything is said then I am covered. I would only record audio in private area's of myself and the professional dealing with me. I know I could not get and other persons audio in it and I don't intend to. my only other option is to buy a body cam but I am not sure the rules regarding this.I never thought i would have to but things are getting worse Thanks for any guidance 
    • Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Important Announcement For Capstone Mortgage Services Victims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THIS UPDATE HAS BEEN POSTED HERE

An Important Announcement for Victims of Capstone Mortgage Services Capstone Mortgage Services

The recent 'lazarus' like resurrection of SPPL has caused many to ponder its causes and significance.

As a former Lehman's entity Southern Pacific Personal Loans was effectively 'dead in the water.' It had filed no accounts since late 2006 (whatever latitude allows that I don't know) and had no directors. It was, it has been suggested, deliberately left to 'corpse' on account of some £55m inter-company debt owed to it by its parent Resetfan.

In November 2009 a campaign was started on the Consumer Action Website by one poster to report SPPL for its insolvent trading to Companies House CIB.

Companies House webcheck service then listed SPPL as: PROPOSAL TO STRIKE OFF.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE AT LEAST ONE NOTICE WAS PLACED IN THE LONDON GAZETTE, EFFECTIVELY MEANING THAT THE STRIKE OFF WAS IMMINENT.

SPPL was about to go officially belly up.

Meanwhile also in November, as reported elsewhere in Walker-V- SPPL, the Walkers having lost their case in the Court of Appeal applied for, and were granted, permission to appeal to the Supreme Court. That case is due to be heard on the 13th May. However as we can see, the SPV substituted itself in favour of SPPL as the respondent, no doubt on the grounds that SPPL's imminent insolvency might colour proceedings.

Now SPPL is no longer on the coroner's slab, will it now substitute itself for the SPV Southern Securities as the original party to the claim (causing ructions no doubt in the Supreme Court) and will it now be demanding back the estimated £55m owed to it by Resetfan?

WHO KNOWS?

One thing is certain however:

The complaints instigated by a sole insightful member of that forum have caused a great deal of mayhem in High Wycombe, King Edward Street and Bishopsgate.

Perhaps a complaint about their collective insolvency and their aggressive repossession strategies could be registered with CH? After all look what just a few complaints concerning SPPL achieved.

So. Here, once again, is where to direct your complaint.

CIB Complaint Form

Happy filing!

The following post has just been placed on this thread.

If the information is correct it is a significant and potentially very important development.

THERE IS AN IMPORTANT UPDATE DATED APRIL 20th 2010

The original posts can be found here. This is the thread, followed by the post:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/170607-spml-london-mortgage-company-124.html#post2572274

IMPORTANT NOTICE

As of today, Companies House (compliance team) has begun its prosecution of the last remaing director of SMPL and PML-Ms Amany Attia. This has been confirmed by Mr Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager) of CH. The prosecution will be for failing to deliver accounts, under the Companies Act 1985.

They have also been informed, that it is my belief(with evidence) that SMPL is balance sheet insolvent, and 'trading' insolvently.

SUCH THAT, I WOULD URGE ANYBODY FACING REPOSSESSION OR OTHERWISE, TO NOW MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO THE DTI.

Link is:

CIB Complaint Form

This IS YOUR complaint, against any Lehmans lender, which the Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) of the DTI, has a duty to investigate.

THE MORE COMPLAINTS WE CAN SEND THEM RIGHT NOW, THE STRONGER OUR CASE WILL BE, THAT THESE LENDERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST US, BECAUSE OF ITS INSOLVENCY. THIS IS NOW OUR REAL CHANCE TO EXPOSE AND STOP REPOSSESSIONS.

As a guide, I have shown below some typical answers you can make for this online complaint. These are edited answers, and you can add or subtract to them, as you choose:

1 & 2 your details.

Who have you dealt with in the company:

I have used the name of Mr John Bentham(manager) of Capstone, as I dealt with this *%!*^!* directly.

PUT the name of your own contact at SPML/Capstone if have one.

If there are other individuals connected to the company with whom you have dealt please give their names and role they play within the company in the box below: add or edit

"Ms AMANY ATTIA, now sole director of SOUTHERN PACIFIC MORTGAGE LTD(SPML). Please note, Capstone Mortgage Services Ltd(Capstone), are the third party administrators of SPML. As of today, I have been informed by Mr Kevin Hughes(Companies House-compliance Team), that the sole director is now under prosecution for the failing to return 2 years of accounts(Companies Act 1985)."

under 3 :

(a) "I have absolute proof, from written evidence, that SPML is both balance sheet and trading insolvent. The last director, Ms Amany Attia, is now being prosecuted by Companies House, for failing to act in the role of director in providing 2 years of accounts. This can be confirmed by Mr Kevin Hughes, of the Compliance Team-Companies House. SPML, was a mortgage provider, and has no employees, has ceased trading, 1 director(under prosecution), and falsely claimed it is 'trading' at the same registered address as Capstone.

Furthemore, SPML has actively been conducting property repossessions through the courts as SPML, where it has so been in 'wrongful trading'. The courts and general public, are completely unaware of this, except Companies House. I believe this case is of great importance and in the national interest, as families are being evicted from their homes, by effectively a bankrupt company."

(b) "SPML last accounts 2006, and sale of mortgage books.

Letter from Companies House on prosecution of director.

Evidence that SPML sold all its mortgages through securitisation, and is no longer the owner of them.

SPML is nothing more than a 'shell', whose sole director is facing prosecution and is in 'wrongful trading'.

Please contact me directly, for the evidence you require, to prevent the illegal activities of SPML."

If you have any questions, put them up on the board, and pass the word to everyone to file their online complaint to CIB.

Can anyone who does this, post up the reply 'SHUT'EM DOWN'.

Edited by enoughisenough

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am new to this but have my mortage with spml and capstone. I was out of ork and fell behind with payments, got eviction orders etc etc. Came to an agreement with them after i had to pay them over 4k and get letters at least once every 2 months from them saying that i am n arrears and still owe money. I am in the process of being evicted due t a loan i have with BH. I am also in the process of a PPI of which court papers have been sent to them. Can you advise me on what i can do to try and stop the eviction. I know previously i have gone to court with an advisor and filled out a form before hand to get it stop but tha costs me £500 quid of which i havent got!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

• 2 weeks later...

I am very concerned (as per my thread below)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/234865-illegal-house-repocession.html

That SPML and their solicitors Glenisters appointed bailifs who appear to be trading illegally have repossessed my house even though I had no mortgage with them. They should have repocessed a property further up the road.

I have submitted a compliant to Companies House using the online Complaints form. Should I complain to the Law Society as to how can a solicitors firm can act for a firm trading illegally?:eek:

What? Impossible but who knows with this lot? I think you need the national media on this one?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Enough is Enough thanks for that you got me thinking again. Perhaps the SPML/Capstone/Lehman Brothers victims need solicitors who deal with Class Action and a media consultant perhaps prepaired to work on a NO Win No FEE basis . After all people want compensation , their right restored, the wrongs of Lehman Brothers e.t.c corrected. How about a book, movie, T shirts e.t.c.

Probably the best known media consultant- The one who can get you on TV in the papers e.t.c is ofcourse MCA Contact

Consumerist what steps have you taken to seek redress

You might just be the person to pursue this company & expose them. My reasoning is that you have unquestionably clean hands (cannot be accused of ever being in arrears etc) & are the undoubted victim of their practices something which gives you the upper-hand ........... interested?

Consumerist. I really do think that the muppets that handled this for SPML need to be brought to account. Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Solicitors Regulation Authority - Problems with law firms and individuals

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

I am very concerned (as per my thread below)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/234865-illegal-house-repocession.html

That SPML and their solicitors Glenisters appointed bailifs who appear to be trading illegally have repossessed my house even though I had no mortgage with them. They should have repocessed a property further up the road.

I have submitted a compliant to Companies House using the online Complaints form. Should I complain to the Law Society as to how can a solicitors firm can act for a firm trading illegally?:eek:

AHH Good old Glenisters!!:evil: subbing with interest!

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Hi - so this is why SPML never sent any response to my SAR - just sent a complaint to the ICO - are SPML/SPPL still at Easton St. High Wycombe??

I believe so, I had a new DD form to send back, that was the address.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

Yup...still sending letters from that address...thought they were dead? Capstone are the real powerhouse along with the SPV, and the Trustee.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Is there anywhere I can read up on this? No search engine seems to have anything about it. I paid my monthly instalment yesterday through gritted teeth!

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

hi everyone some interesting info here about capstone but just to confirm are these the people we should be concerned about on companies house?WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

incase this link doesnt work there company number is 15381786 plus i hear a rumour that they are actually reducing peoples mortgages to tempt them to leave and go elswere but as i said it could be just a rumour.

any info on this would be appreciated.

thanks

G.

They haven't reduced mine yet, I don't think I could get another mortgage anyway at the mo, as I'm unemployed.

hi everyone some interesting info here about capstone but just to confirm are these the people we should be concerned about on companies house?WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

incase this link doesnt work there company number is 15381786 plus i hear a rumour that they are actually reducing peoples mortgages to tempt them to leave and go elswere but as i said it could be just a rumour.

The company number isn't found,what company is it?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

Hi,

this might be a bit late now, but my wife and I had our house repossesed over 18 months ago (we had a mortgage with SMPL which was then transferred to Capstone) due to my wife and myself losing our Jobs.

We heard nothing from Capstone regarding the slae of our house, despite giving them a forwarding address (and them stating in court that they would seek a monetary order for any shortfall). Last week we received a threating letter from a debt collection agency acting on behalf of SPML/Capstone demanding over £17k within seven days, or they would send in an agent to seize goods. As my wife is still not working there is no way we have that amount of money to pay out. To date we have never received any correspondence from SPML/Capstone so we are totally in the dark for how much the previous property was sold for or whether there is any shortfall. (I'd have thought that at the least they would be obliged to send us a statement)...Any help in this matter would be really appreciated as wife suffers from severe depression and this is really worrying us both.

Thanks

Hello tgr1963,

..you are dealing with evil. So brace yourself for a fight you can win;

1) Contact Ell-en on 'possession' page, she can help you stop the DCA

2) Put the DCA to strict proof they own the debt

3) SPML are the 'owners' of your mortgage, Capstone are ONLY their administrators.

4) SPML is in 'wrongful' trading, as its sole director is being prosecuted by Companies House. Get in touch with trading standards asap, and tell them to speak to Kevin Hughes at CH, to explain the status of SPML.

5) Goto the main SPML thread, and repost there- its the LittleDotty one. You will get more help there.

ITBG?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

• 1 month later...