Important New Loan Regulations

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OFT Loans.pdf

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere but think it is important enough to warrant publicity.

New legislation came into force on 1 October 2008, part of which concerns fixed sum credit agreements (i.e. loans) which states that all lenders must send out an annual statement for all new loans, but also an annual statement for loans which pre-date the 1 October 2008 by the 1 October 2009 and every year until the loan expires.

In my case MBNA have not complied. If you look at Section 9 the creditor cannot enforce the agreement nor is the creditor entitled to charge interest if a creditor does not provide the annual statement when he is required to do so!

Wanted to bring this to peoples attention so sorry if it is on here somewhere else.

Exchange

[ATTACH]13473[/ATTACH]

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere but think it is important enough to warrant publicity.

New legislation came into force on 1 October 2008, part of which concerns fixed sum credit agreements (i.e. loans) which states that all lenders must send out an annual statement for all new loans, but also an annual statement for loans which pre-date the 1 October 2008 by the 1 October 2009 and every year until the loan expires.

In my case MBNA have not complied. If you look at Section 9 the creditor cannot enforce the agreement nor is the creditor entitled to charge interest if a creditor does not provide the annual statement when he is required to do so!

Wanted to bring this to peoples attention so sorry if it is on here somewhere else.

Exchange

Hi Exchange a couple of questions..... even tho is doesnt affect me I'm a nosy so and so :-D

1. What regs is this under CCA2006?

2. If the creditor after realising its mistake suddenly restarts annual statements are they still unable to enforce?

S.

Hi the shadow, I haven't had time to dig into all the what ifs and they probably need testing anyway as this is all new. The OFT attachment explains it but it surely opens another can of worms for the creditors:D.

A new Section 77A in the 1974 Act requires lenders under regulated fixed sum credit agreements, to give their borrowers a statement within a year, starting on the day the agreement is made, and thereafter at intervals of not more than one year.

Statements must continue to be given until the credit is fully repaid or settled. This obligation applies to existing as well as new agreements.

For new agreements implementation is 1 October 2008. For agreements in existence on that date, transitional provisions require the first statement to be given within a year. The creditor may not charge for issuing these statements.

Here is the full Legislation:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/uksi_20082826_en_1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Totally agree dd!

Maxedout, 'Account properly terminated and in dispute' simply means that the correct procedure has been gone through by the CCC in that they have issued a default notice (although it may be defective) and then sent a letter terminating the account. I have put the account 'in dispute' because the agreement is unenforceable. Hope that answers it for you.

Exchange

bump again.

If you don't get a statement as prescribed you can dispute a loan as detailed in the link.

I think it's important!

That's got to be one of the most recent amendments to CCA1974 but why has it taken us so long to get to grips with this act? Is there a template letter to query this, and put the account in dispute, for example:???:

That's got to be one of the most recent amendments to CCA1974 but why has it taken us so long to get to grips with this act? Is there a template letter to query this, and put the account in dispute, for example:???:

the first annual statement is not due yet on old agreements so there cannot be any cause for complaints on this issue just yet!!