Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Isn't there something wrong in this country when we have to rely almost entirely on the forth estate to protect us from these bullies & charlatans ......... where are the so called 'regulators' in all of this ........ preparing more sound bites I imagine

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So its ok for them to make members of the public feel worried/threatened - but start throwing their toys out the pram when its the other way round?

Hypocrites :mad:

You know what they say about bullies :lol::lol::lol:

Gone running to mummy :D

Morning, didn't sleep much last night. Really nervous, need to relax seeing as i'm also pregnant. Wonder if they will show our daughter on the programme, they filmed her in the garden, will also come on after the show. Nervous about how i will come accross and just generally seeing myself on telly

if you are going on there again live - try and get a plug in for CAG!!

Will just say something like yeah and what about you ****** lol

You thinking there on here wondering

Some of the guests will be ordinary members of the public etc...

But some of them will be from the industry itself & no doubt from the DCA in question tonight :cool:

i think it's all finished now but if we get some newspapers interviews you never know :lol:

It would be very kind if you do so that the public are made aware of this wonderful site and the help they can get here free of charge :)

It would be very kind if you do so that the public are made aware of this wonderful site and the help they can get here free of charge :)

I will do, need to ask hardcash if i can get a copy of the show. Will do it tomorrow i'm guessing they will be busy today

Tried posting my 'experience' with a couple of dca's on the C4 website together with a huge plug for CAG & Truecall, sadly it hasnt been posted.

Watching & recording it tonight so we can watch it again & again and maybe burn it to disc and send it to the dca's with a message 'Watch it & Weep' :lol:

Beachy

Wescot might be on there cause i received an email a while back from someone working for channel 4.

Dear jed2004,

I'm a journalist with Hardcash Productions working on a programme for Channel 4 on debt collection. I was interested to read about the correspondence you've been getting recently from Wescot.

I'd like to hear more about it for my research.

Could we have a chat?

You can call me or send me an email with a good time to reach you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Caroline

Caroline Marsden

Hardcash Productions for Channel 4

020 7253 2782

07931 303 318

Might be for something else though not sure just thought i'd mention hope it is wescot i hate hate hate them lol!!!

Hi Beachie..glad you're back :)

Tried posting my 'experience' with a couple of dca's on the C4 website together with a huge plug for CAG & Truecall, sadly it hasnt been posted.

My first one didn't go on yesterday so I did another this morning which went on OK....if at first you don't succeed...:)

I'd be interested to know how many new members we've had since CAG was first mentioned by Mr Ton :D

To Suziwong..very well done honey and let those hormones rage..there's nothing as formidable as a pregnant woman on a mission! You're a star :)

Elsa xx

Look forward to watching tonight but I fear that the collective response from the DCA's will be DILLIGAF. I bet the other cretins OFT/TS/IC will all be watching University Challenge as none of this has anything to do with them anyway. Todders!

never seen a thread with so many viewers, even if a lot of them are guests, must be the DCA chimps tea party time

I think the ACS:law thread holds the record ;-) Its just so easy to connect from google if your searching on the keywords.....

As to this program, I do so hope all are hopes of this expose arent going to be dashed.. I want this to show *exactly* what goes on and the fact that supervisors and hopefully above can be shown to sanction what goes on inside a DCA, its no good if it just shows some threat monkey spouting rubbish, it has to be seen that management sanction these practices.

S.

I could kick myself!!

I had an email from the company who are doing the program regarding marlins about 2 months ago and forgot to reply!!

HAK

Hi Beachie..glad you're back :)

My first one didn't go on yesterday so I did another this morning which went on OK....if at first you don't succeed...:)

I'd be interested to know how many new members we've had since CAG was first mentioned by Mr Ton :D

To Suziwong..very well done honey and let those hormones rage..there's nothing as formidable as a pregnant woman on a mission! You're a star :)

Elsa xx

Hi Elsa,

Thanks, been back on the forum for about I week now, its been a tough few weeks but now its onwatds & upwards as they say.

Will give posting my views another go.

Hello to any of the guests from 'itchy Fleet' :-D

Hi all

I have been following this thread this morning but not logged in so may have shown as a guest. Apologies all round.

Had what I thought was a funny one with Marlin a while ago.

They were chasing me for a debt they had just acquired and asked me for my address to post me the hullo letter. I split my sides. What chance that they had a copy of the agreement or anything else? Unbeleivable. I refused and they said they would add £120 to the bill to fund a skip trace. I said it was their hard disk and what they recorded on it was up to them. About ten days later they found the address as I got the letter.

Have to say though that I have had no trouble from them since.

BTW. There is nothing more beautiful in this world than an expectant mum.

Tried last night to post a comment about how a debt agency threatened to call social services on me stating I was a bad parent for being in debt and that they wouldnt do so if I paid them more.

Didnt get posted. I notice a lot of those condemming people for getting into debt are appearing, after I posted mine, but not many comments about the extent that the dca's can go to.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks