AK Claimform - MBNA card 'debt'

MeeBroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, these guys are pursuing me more aggressively than any of the previous cowboys. Sometimes up to 8 calls a day, including weekends.

I sent them an NOA request (1st Recorded, as always).

In the mean time they have written to offer to settle for 50% of the balance. This is the first time anyone in the long line of people that have written to me have ever suggested 'settling'. Of course, I have no intention of doing so.

Hi MB

50%; you're half way there.

I sometimes track down a normal landline # and call them 100 times (sometimes I get confused and dial their fax # in error). Their calls then cease; I had a call from Arden the other day complaining that someone kept calling from my number; O what irony.

x

v

Hi MB

50%; you're half way there.

I sometimes track down a normal landline # and call them 100 times (sometimes I get confused and dial their fax # in error). Their calls then cease; I had a call from Arden the other day complaining that someone kept calling from my number; O what irony.

x

v

Love it :)

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Letter received from Aktiv Kapital:

Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of Assignment and our complaint procedure.

This letter serves to acknowledge your concerns and to confirm to you the matters raised are being reviewed and investigated and a full response will be issued to you in due course.

I can confirm that we have contacted the original creditor in order to query your dispute, once we receive a response from them, we will contact you with the same.

Please find our consumer credit license number at the bottom of the page. I can confirm that Aktiv Kaptital is not governed by the FSA therefore I am unable to provide you with the details requested.

----------------------

What they have sent is the copy of the first letter that they sent me, which is a letter from them telling me that they have 'recently purchased your outstanding balance from Varde Investments'.

Never had I had any correspondence from Varde to say they had purchased my 'balance' nor have I ever had anything from MBNA to say they've sold on to anyone. Surely this isn't an NOA?

There is not one word anywhere in what I've been sent about a complaints procedure.

Also never did I mention to AK that there was any 'dispute'.

Not sure how to respond to this.

Hi Mebroke

43 Regulation 36 of the EU Directive Regulations.

16. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS

here any rights of a creditor under a consumer credit agreement (for example the right to be repaid the money) are sold or transferred to a third party, notice of that assignment must be given to the borrower as soon as reasonably possible, except in the circumstances described below. This requirement applies to all regulated consumer credit agreements other than agreements secured on land. This requirement is in new section 82A of the CCA43.

t is the responsibility of the assignee (the creditor acquiring the rights) to ensure that notice is given. However, he does not have to give notice himself, but can agree with the assignor (the creditor assigning the rights) that the assignor will give notice instead, depending on what is more sensible in the circumstances. It is important, however, that notice is given as soon as reasonably possible and in a way that is clearly understandable by the borrower.

otice does not have to be given where arrangements for servicing the credit are unchanged as far as the borrower is concerned. For example, if Creditor A sells his rights under a credit agreement to Creditor B but Creditor A still collects the borrower’s repayments in the same way and is the only point of contact for the borrower on matters regarding the agreement, notice does not have to be given.

here notice has not been given, and arrangements for servicing the credit do subsequently change, the borrower must be informed of the assignment on or before the date that change happens. Again, this must be readily comprehensible to the borrower.

The definition of “creditor” in section 189 of the CCA applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.

x

v

• 1 month later...

my account has travelled a similar route Santander/MBNA/Global Vantedge (new,delhi)/MBNA/Aegis Ltd.(Mumbai)/MBNA/Idem/Arden Credit Management. I have just cca'd Arden at Solihull.this seems to be a deliberate scheme by MBNA to try and confuse people and vary the harassment. coercion and undue pressure s expressly and totally outlawed by the OFT in the CPUTR 2008 Regs! all very unfair and I think the more we share data the more we see through their underhand schemes and beat them at their own game! well done!!! M.

• 2 weeks later...

Enormously fat envelope arrived today from Aktive Kapital containing same old grainy photocopy of tear off portion of application, photocopies of 'T&Cs' from various eras, and what appears to be a copy of many years' worth of statements.

No sign of MBNA faulty DN or comms log proving unlawful rescission. In fact, although I've referred to the UR in all correspondence, AK has ignored it and not mentioned it.

How to respond?

Edited by MeeBroke

Have you looked out Harrison v Link

Don't make the mistake that I did in my initial defence.

Go for s78 non complience and the DN being faulty.

Bring this up forcefully now and going forward and it may just put them off.

Vint

Enormously fat envelope arrived today from Aktive Kapital containing same old grainy photocopy of tear off portion of application, photocopies of 'T&Cs' from various eras, and what appears to be a copy of many years' worth of statements.

No sign of MBNA faulty DN or comms log proving unlawful rescission. In fact, although I've referred to the UR in all correspondence, AK has ignored it and not mentioned it.

How to respond?

When they reconstruct the DN, they get it wrong. Keep the original DN. Was it faulty on dates and demanding the full ballance?

Vint

When they reconstruct the DN, they get it wrong. Keep the original DN. Was it faulty on dates and demanding the full ballance?

Vint

Thanks Vint

Both. Comms log shows they sold on during notice period as well. Have both faulty DN and envelope neatly filed.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, on the same day I received a letter from AK's legal chaser giving me 14 days to respond and also a letter from AK asking me for a copy of the defective DN.

Now, shouldn't they have a copy of this doc already? Should I be weary of supplying them with one, seeing as that everyone involved in this situation thus far have shown a perchance for dishonesty and deception-including fabricating documents etc.

Or should I write to them telling them to take it up with MBNA?

in court I had a copy of DN the other sides solicitor did not due to the OC had not passed latest info to him, I was using the latest court case published regarding faulty DN not being Deminus I had to give him my copy (only at this stage - he did not have time to study -great) wish I had got it back from him but slipped my memory as the case is on going.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: