AK Claimform - MBNA card 'debt'

MeeBroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is MeeBroke's new thread link in the Legal forums - 3 posts have been unapproved as the information has now been duplicated on the new thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great, very many thanks CB. I'll amend accordingly and send SD. I'm assuming that I name the Claimant but post to solicitor (address shown on claim form)? Or do I send to both? I know from reading in the forum that I also need to respond online to the court. Can you confirm? Should I do these things immediately?

Yes, you name the claimant but post to the solicitor named on the claim form :)

You have until the 10th April to acknowledge the claim, you can do it any time up till then.. but please not after !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, you name the claimant but post to the solicitor named on the claim form :)

You have until the 10th April to acknowledge the claim, you can do it any time up till then.. but please not after !!

Seriously, thank you very much for your help. MB

:thumb:

BCOBS

Ok, getting ready to move things on. Can someone help me with two issues:

1. The AoS, what/where do I fill in? Do I enter a defence at this stage?

2. I am about to post doc request to solicitor. Just to be certain, I am sending a CPR 31 request. Should I also be sending a CPR 18?

I found this on HPmum's thread. Should I do something like this?

Log into the online court service. You will be asked to enter the Claim Number and the password.

Once you have logged in, the simplest thing to do might be to go to the "Defence and Counterclaim" section.

Dispute the full amount, for the following reason, which you enter into box 3 "Defence".

I dispute the full amount claimed by the claimant and I do not recognise the Claimant's Claim in any way for the following reasons.

The Claimant states that the claim relates to a credit agreement entered into by the parties, but no copy of the contract or documents alleged to constitute the agreement has been attached or served with the particulars of claim, therefore I have no knowledge of the agreement mentioned by the claimant in the particulars of claim. This is in breach of the requirements of Practice Direction 16 section 7.3. "Where a claim is based upon a written agreement a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached or served with the particulars of claim".

Additionally, by not attaching or serving a copy of the alleged agreement the claimant has failed to provide me with sufficient information to deal with the claim. This is in breach of Practice Direction - Protocols section 3.1(a) "not having provided sufficient information to the defendant".

Claims issued out of MCOL are not required to have supporting documents attached. They are however, required to provide them at the earliest opportunity. To me, this means they should issue the claim via MCOL and then send by mail, the information they are referring to within their claim.

I am just having a read back over your thread to see what is going on.

BCOBS

At this point in time, I think you should just acknowledge receipt of the claim, you then have until 24th April to submit your defence. If you have not received a response from the Claimant by say, the 10th April, then we can start looking to defend on the information you do have.

BCOBS

At this point in time, I think you should just acknowledge receipt of the claim, you then have until 24th April to submit your defence. If you have not received a response from the Claimant by say, the 10th April, then we can start looking to defend on the information you do have.

Thanks CB. So I'll complete the AoS now and send CPR 31 SD tomorrow.

Thanks CB. So I'll complete the AoS now and send CPR 31 SD tomorrow.

That sounds like a plan and should keep you out of mischief for a little while :lol:

BCOBS

Fallen at first hurdle.

Left the MCOL form open whilst I consulted here and it timed out. Now it wont accept my claim number and password anymore!

I seem to remember it was a pain to get logged in but did sort it eventually, If you still can't access it by the end of the day, give Northampton a call and ask them for assistance.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/northampton-bulk-centre/money-claim-online

Fallen at first hurdle.

Left the MCOL form open whilst I consulted here and it timed out. Now it wont accept my claim number and password anymore!

Sorry to hear this. I would do as Dotty suggests and give Northampton a call in the morning :)

If you decide to post it to Northampton, please do make sure you send it Recorded Delivery at the very least !

BCOBS

How do I file a response on MCOL?

You will need to register for a Government Gateway account on the MCOL homepage. Once you have logged in, you will then see an option to ‘Respond to a Claim made against you’ on the bottom right hand side of the page. Log into your claim here, using the claim number and password on your N1 claim form.

You must keep a note of your Government Gateway log in details, as you may not re-register and log into your claim from a different Government Gateway account.

My password doesn’t seem to be working – what should I do?

Ensure the CAPS lock key is off. Input the password exactly as it is printed on the claim form - it is case sensitive and it will not be recognised unless you input the exact combination of upper case letters, lower case letters and numbers. Ensure that you are reading the password correctly – e.g. if you see a character that looks like a ‘0’ (zero), it may be an upper case letter O.

Do I have to use MCOL to file my response or are there any other ways I can do this?

MCOL is only one way of responding to a claim. If you are having problems logging in, or would prefer not to use MCOL, you can fax, email or post your response to the Court instead. If you send your response by e mail please send it to [email protected] and ensure you quote “Claim response” in the subject field. If you are fully admitting to the claim then the admission form should be sent to the claimant directly and not to the court.

How do I file a response on MCOL?

You will need to register for a Government Gateway account on the MCOL homepage. Once you have logged in, you will then see an option to ‘Respond to a Claim made against you’ on the bottom right hand side of the page. Log into your claim here, using the claim number and password on your N1 claim form.

You must keep a note of your Government Gateway log in details, as you may not re-register and log into your claim from a different Government Gateway account.

My password doesn’t seem to be working – what should I do?

Ensure the CAPS lock key is off. Input the password exactly as it is printed on the claim form - it is case sensitive and it will not be recognised unless you input the exact combination of upper case letters, lower case letters and numbers. Ensure that you are reading the password correctly – e.g. if you see a character that looks like a ‘0’ (zero), it may be an upper case letter O.

Do I have to use MCOL to file my response or are there any other ways I can do this?

MCOL is only one way of responding to a claim. If you are having problems logging in, or would prefer not to use MCOL, you can fax, email or post your response to the Court instead. If you send your response by e mail please send it to [email protected] and ensure you quote “Claim response” in the subject field. If you are fully admitting to the claim then the admission form should be sent to the claimant directly and not to the court.

Thanks CB and Dotty

I'm definately entering my details correctly.

Just tried again and it definitely won't let me back in. I've read of problems accessing in Firefox, that it can lock you out and you may have to wait 2 hours before trying again. I suppose I need to leave it for longer and try again.

My MacBook only has safari and Firefox so I can't try it in IE.

If I end up posting, I'll send SD, I always have. I've spent hundreds on postage over the past 3 years-and kept every single receipt!

I did wonder if there was a time lock issue.

There is a link on the post I put which allows you to send it by email so I'd do that and save on the postage but make sure you request a read receipt.

So frustrating. I patiently waited a few hours and...it still rejects my password. I can't believe it worked perfectly the first time. I got all the way to the page where I simply had to click 'submit'. I should have clicked the button! Now it won't let me back in at all :(.

Why have an online system?

Hold the phone! Tried it from ipad and it worked! AoS completed. CPR in post tomorrow.

Well done.

BCOBS