AK Claimform - MBNA card 'debt'

MeeBroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An update I have not heard from MBNA since the sale to Experto until today I received a cheque for over 200.00 saying they found an error in the way credits were added to my account and I was due a refund I do not have to do anything as the account is closed. Whats that all about

• 4 months later...

And all of sudden I get a letter from someone called AKTIV KAPTAL of Norway who claim they have purchased my 'debt' from the 'original company' Varde.

Oddly, although they are a Norwegian company, and apparently have UK offices in Kent, their return address is a PO box in Chester.

And all of sudden I get a letter from someone called AKTIV KAPTAL of Norway who claim they have purchased my 'debt' from the 'original company' Varde.

Oddly, although they are a Norwegian company, and apparently have UK offices in Kent, their return address is a PO box in Chester.

Me too.....

BF

Hi MB

Chester is a strangely off balance sheet place; however:

"16. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS

16.1 W

here any rights of a creditor under a consumer credit agreement (for example the right to be repaid the money) are sold or transferred to a third party, notice of that assignment must be given to the borrower as soon as reasonably possible, except in the circumstances described below. This requirement applies to all regulated consumer credit agreements other than agreements secured on land. This requirement is in new section 82A of the CCA43.

16.2 I

t is the responsibility of the assignee (the creditor acquiring the rights) to ensure that notice is given. However, he does not have to give notice himself, but can agree with the assignor (the creditor assigning the rights) that the assignor will give notice instead, depending on what is more sensible in the circumstances. It is important, however, that notice is given as soon as reasonably possible and in a way that is clearly understandable by the borrower.

16.3 N

otice does not have to be given where arrangements for servicing the credit are unchanged as far as the borrower is concerned. For example, if Creditor A sells his rights under a credit agreement to Creditor B but Creditor A still collects the borrower’s repayments in the same way and is the only point of contact for the borrower on matters regarding the agreement, notice does not have to be given.

16.4 W

here notice has not been given, and arrangements for servicing the credit do subsequently change, the borrower must be informed of the assignment on or before the date that change happens. Again, this must be readily comprehensible to the borrower.

16.5 T

he definition of “creditor” in section 189 of the CCA applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.

43 Regulation 36 of the EU Directive Regulations.:

x

v

Thanks VS

Remind me of what part of that is relevant to me? Is it the first paragraph?

All mention of the original account (still in dispute) has disappeared, as has any mention of MBNA. Nothing at all from Varde (whoever they are/were) since they told me they were placing things 'on hold'.

For those of you who want to obtain absolute proof that the debt has been assigned.. you could send the letter below. You just need to add the names of the original creditor and the new owner.

Draft request for assignment - Amended Draft.pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Any chance of that letter in a Word doc citizenB please. :-)

Don't worry, just changed it to text so that you can cut and paste into word!

Here you go.. just in case anyone has problems converting.

Draft request for assignment - Amended Draft.doc

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

BCOBS

Hi MB (not NA)

For me it’s usually:

“16.5 The definition of “creditor” in section 189 of the CCA applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.

43 Regulation 36 of the EU Directive Regulations.”

I don’t bovver with legal stuff because the EU also says:

eu.jpg

To be serious, I find I simple request that they are the creditor (as above) plus a further document usually suffices; Yanks are not conversant with EU law.

x

v

Well Aktiv are very clever.

They rang me today from 4 different numbers, two mobile numbers, one London number and one number that appeared to be local to where I live-how did they do that? They must have some sophisticated masking software!

I haven't had that level of harassment in almost 3 years!

Malicous Comms Act 1998. Protection From harassment act 1997. Communications act 2003 and CCA Amends.2006 all expressly prohibit this kind of harrassing treatment. It is a criminal offence! If proved- it can lead to imprisonment! Tell them your all your calsl are recorded- n watch them run! M.