Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MeeBroke

  1. no mention of any consent order though? They just said they were writing to the court today to request the set aside.
  2. After an initial very encouraging phonecall, they have called back to say that my letter is now 'under review' and they'll get back to me next week sometime.
  3. Decided not to wait for letter, spoke to them on the phone just now. They said they will call back shortly "hopefully with good news"
  4. Thanks Andy. I'll revert to original plan then and just write asking them to consider an agreement for set aside. I'm also doing an SAR MB
  5. Actually using good old Google, I think I've got the gist of things now. I'm going to write to Eon explaining that I never received any of their correspondence in regards to the court action. I am going to inform them that I would have paid had I received any of this correspondence. I am going to inform them that I paid in full within 2 working days of receiving the order. I am going to ask them to consent to having the CCJ set aside. I am going to included a simple draft consent order for them to sign. Something like this: UPON THE
  6. Thanks Andy, so how does the consent order get handled? Should my first contact by letter include a drafted consent order, asking them to agree it? MB
  7. Can I just check my understanding on things? Can Eon request that the judgement be set aside without me making an application to the court? I may have misunderstood things here as the reason I was writing to Eon was to try and achieve this. I'm now starting to to wonder if I have to make the application no matter what?
  8. I asked for all of the PT. I got a single letter through the post with no information whatsoever other than telling me to contact Eon. MB
  9. Thanks WD. This simply gets more and more incredible. So, a company like this can use any old street address to sue you, even though they are in possession of ALL of your current contact details- and the only way you discover this has all happened and they have managed to get a court judgement against you- is that they contact you at your CURRENT address to let you know it has happened! At this stage, the only one holding any document in regards to this action is the offender themselves! Sorry for the rant but this beggars belief. Should I SAR them before I write to them asking th
  10. Hi All so I wrote to the Court requesting all documentation concerning this case, explaining that Eon had used the wrong address and that none of the documents ever reached me. I received a letter back from the Court informing me that they have none of the documents as the whole thing was 'done online'?
  11. My interpretation of things is thus: I should write a letter to Eon confirming that I paid the amount in full within 2 business days of having any knowledge of it. Remind them that they used the wrong address to take action and that had I known I would have paid before any such action was taken. Ask if they will have the CCJ set aside and sweeten the deal by telling them if they have it set aside I will not pursue them for the additional fees that they added (over £1000). Worth a try or waste of time?
  12. I have taken further advice and have now been told of an option to seek a Consent Order to have the judgement set aside. Does anyone have any experience of this? MB
  13. Yes, just to be clear, I have never been threatened by bailiffs before and was frightened by the idea of having to hide our cars and lock up our assets etc- as we have done absolutely nothing wrong. Therefore I have paid off the bill in full -as I would have done had I been given the opportunity 6 weeks ago when Eon initiated the action (without informing me). If even one letter/email or phone call had informed me of their intentions, I would have paid instantly. I will definitely be pursuing the set aside, looking to have my credit score repaired and fo
  14. This is no small sum to me. The original bill was £3000. I have just had to pay £4000 merely because they chose not to contact me at my current address, telephone or email- all of which they had. And they've wrecked my credit rating. I believe that this is their revenge as I complained about them to the Ombudsman.
  15. Indeed the case but my understanding is that all action is with the county court- set aside and stay. High court merely enforce the outcome from county?
  16. I have emailed the Worcs CC to ask if I can use a single form for both Stay and Set. I have also asked if this can be entered at my local court.
  17. Thanks for looking into things Malc. Is there a correspondence address for the legal team? A specific email address would be very helpful. Also the name of someone in charge within that team would be great.
  18. Apparently Marstons' fees are only £45 (according to Marstons). The Eon legal rep I spoke to yesterday very quickly rattled off the extras that had been added at CCJ which included legal fees and interest to the total of an extra £900 or so on a £3000 balance. So the judgement they received from court already added nearly a grand to the amount that they stated in December. As near as I have been able to extract, they went to court on/around 6 Jan and I then had until 6 Feb to pay. The notice from Marstons is dated 16 Feb-10 days later, clearly labe
  19. I have definitely tried that with Eon already, showing them the exact email etc. I even managed to get in touch with the person who actually sent that email- who works in the Director's office. They refuse to comment any further on it. They now only respond with this default email: I’m afraid we’re no longer going to correspond with you from this office regarding this matter. If you’re still unhappy you need to discuss this with your own independent source or alternatively refer back to the court.
  20. Thanks UB and Andy. I think there are two strategies here: 1. apply for stay and set aside in hopes of only paying the original balance now and having CCJ set aside. 2. apply for set aside and pay Marston off completely in hopes of expediting things immediately and having the CCJ set aside Am I correct in that thinking? If so, I am still very much thinking about option 2 as I can't stand living with the worry of the bailiffs turning up.
  • Create New...