howard cohen - help needed with court docs **DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CAN YOU POST UP THAT POST MARK

50 P WOULD BE SECOND CLASS

I make it - to be fussy 47p second; 61p first. Which I would assume is a 2nd class franking machine issue.

Which would make it perfectly legal to not get it until Thursday.

BUT

Are we not missing the major point and distracting Janice from the fact that there is no enforceable agreement? And dont we actually want it dealt with on Wednesday but just to have the I only just got their documents, here's the envelope, to further turn the screw. If we get too clever there is a danger of a stay, esp. with the wrong trainee junior deputy judge.

- a legal scenario for you Kim, they give you some money - as in gift - they then decide that they want it back and so they fill out a form but you say no thanks I'm happy with the gift thanks very much and dont sign the paperwork. Get the legal situation?

Hi, Kimberly, If there is no signed agreement then they have no case, most of the time Cowards don't even attend. If there is not agreement then that can be considered a gift but all depends on the Judge. Most likely the judge has to see the facts, and that is your other half hasn't agreed to anything so there is not contract between the 2. Just remember kimberly that they are costing themselves more money and time, maybe they will become heavily in debt themselves if they keep loosing or not bothering to get their facts straight. I received the court documents from cowards after the deadline but still the case is in court this coming Monday. Make sure you have enough amunition and that you discredit every point they have raised in their defence. go fully prepared and list all the facts so that your nerves do not get the better of you once you are in court.If you have a copy of the defence then post it here.

Regards

Shabz

Cohens have come up trumps again.

They sent their witness statement today,two days before the court date.

They have sent a copy of the unsigned agreement.

A thought crossed my mind today.

If they have not got a signed agreement,can I ask for all the payments back,or am I being to cocky.

And should there be seperate terms and conditions for the PPI.

It is my understanding that there should be separate terms and conditions for PPI..

I have read somewhere on the forum that if no signed agreement,the account is deemed a gift.

Am I right?

This is correct, this is the statement ..

18. Should the issue arise where the claimant seeks to rely upon the fact that they can show that the defendant has had benefit of the monies and therefore the defendant is liable, I refer to and draw the courts attention to the judgment of Sir Andrew Morritt in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2001] 3 All ER 229, [2001] EWCA Civ 633 in the Court of Appeal

at para 26

"In effect, the creditor--by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms--must (in the light of the provisions in ss 65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition, or gift, of the loan moneys to the debtor. The creditor had chosen to part with the moneys in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid;"

Why can they not see the agreement is not signed by my other half.

Why go to court with an unsigned agreement,am I missing something?

Because they are arrogant **expletive deleted**:rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow, Kimberly :)

Edited by citizenB
removed font format commands

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The judge in my case gave me another 28days to study the paperwork sent late by HC.I asked if their evidence could be thrown out because of their lateness faxed 2 hours before court case.

Judge wouldn't have it and let their evidence stand.

All the best for tomorrow.