Dad I Love You So Much

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PF, I am so sorry to hear your news, reading your tribute to your Dad was so humbling, how wonderful to have memories that you will be able to treasure and talk about in the years to come, so glad that you have taken the decision to speak about him for the family, virtual hugs:cry:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me cry buckets, so reminiscent of what we

went through with my own Father.

Spirits up, remember only the good things and you'll

always have a hoard of friends here for a shoulder to

cry on if the need arises..

Good luck and a million best wishes - Dave.

Sadly my Dad passed away last night 25/04/2009 at 21:15 hrs very very sad at the time but now is not the time for that because he left a great big mark on life and lived to the full i am humble in that we shared many many great moments together.

He will have a funeral befitting the great man he was and he will live on in my heart and memory.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Am so very sorry to hear this pompey am sure you dad was very proud of you and so will your Mum when she hears you read the Eulogy . I hope you all manage to find the strength now to deal with things knowing that your Dad is now at peace . You are a special person to share your feelings so openly x

Mr sincere sympathies to you and your family PF xx

This poem is something that is still helping us through:-

Miss me, but let me go.....

When I come to the end of the road and the sun has set for me, I want no rites in a gloom filled room - why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, but not for long and not with your head bowed low. Remember the love that once we shared, miss me but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take and each must go alone. It's all part of the master plan - a step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick at heart, go to the friends we know. Laugh at all the things we used to do. Miss me, but let me go

Thank You All

I would just like to say and hope that you will understand , i have shared this painful expierence with you purely to help me deal with it.

It has done that and i THANK YOU ALL dearly and i hope this post may help any of you that has to go though what i have.

Their is just one more point i hope someone can help me with, as you know my dad was a Royal Marine for 21 yrs from 1958 until 1979 42 commando based at eastney portsmouth although they have now moved to lympstone.

Where is the best place to research this as im wanting to know as much as possible about his military life for curiosity if nothing else.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

When my Dad passed away, also from cancer, we

contacted his Veterans Association, (The Korean

War Veterans Association) they came and gave

him a full Military Funeral complete with flag bearers

with his Regimental Coat of Arms, bugler, Guard of

Honour and full size Union Jack for the coffin.

The bugler ended the service by performing the Last Post

and reciting At the going down of the sun.

It was a hugely proud day

and it made things that much easier.

Good Luck. x

Edited by diskmandave

Please accept my deep sympathy at loss of your Dear Dad.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi PF,

I am sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.

But I'm pleased, for him and your family, that he has been released from his suffering.

Make his funeral a celebration of this good man's life.

My best wishes to you and all your family.

Slick :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi PF.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad at least his suffering has ended now. My thoughts are with you and ur family.

GM and family.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

PF i have sent u a pm or 2

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thinking of you and your family now PF - the old soldier is at peace - no more pain and suffering .....

I would contact the Royal Marines Association -they may want to give an old comrade a send-off too ........ and later they can help with the research you plan .

Contact

Thank you so much for sharing this with us PF - it has been a privilege to be part of it and hopefully to have helped in a small way . May he Rest in Peace .....

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

you have my heartfelt sympathy PF, at least he is no longer suffering and your family can take comfort in that.

I wish my sister could pass peacefully away, she is really suffering and it is breaking my heart. A nicer, kinder person you could not wish to meet and she does not deserve this end.

Remember the good times PF...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die.

-Anonymous

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More