Anti-social Neighbours Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Moved Into A Housing Assocation House In Jan New Build And Every Weekend Since Have Had To Call The Police Due To Loud Music And Fighting On The Street Also Smashing Bottles All Over The Street.

I Have Also Written To The Housing Every Week With A Complaint And Details Of What Has Happened.

I Am No Getting Really Annoyed And Kept Getting Told That She Has Had Warnings Ect Ect, But She Really Doesnt Pay Any Attention To The Warnings Or The Police.

I Was Hoping Someone Will Be Able To Tell Me If There Is Anything Else I Can Do Or Organisation That Will Be Able To Assit Me. I Have Consider Going To Mps And Newspapers But Dont Know If That Would Help.

I LIVE IN SCOTLAND

Edited by cherylc1107
AREA

first things first write a diary up

keep a note of - whats happened, when it started, when it ended, was there any action taken (i.e. police/fire called), what was the result of that action (police never appeared etc)

also if theres any comments made to you keep a note of what was said

if possible tape/photo the events so you have proof, only do this if you cannot be seen doing it as you dont want them turning on you. if you dont have a camera there is several places doing them very cheap (local charity shops are good for these oxfam online was listing an SLR camera (film) for under £20 or about £3 more will get you a brand new digi one from a well know supermarket that will do video/audio recordings or still photos

more people will be along to advise so hang tight but i think those are the basics to be going on with

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

thanks for the reply i have a diary already with dates time and actions taken also i have written the conversions ive had with her.

camera sounds like a good idea i will look into that thanks again.

are other neighbours affected?

perhaps other complaints might help.

would involve MP.

and give council enviromental health a call.

see if you can get a log of calls made to the police.

good luck.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Write a letter to your Housing Association mark it OFFICIAL COMPLAINT and advise them if they take no action you will report the matter to Housing Ombudsman Service, not sure which area you would come under but they have a website so that you can check. My daughter is currently going through a similar process due to anti-social behaviour. The Housing Association she rents from actually rented the property to her knowing that the previous tenant was hit over the head with a plank of wood by the neighbour's son. Her son was 15 at the time and I find it hard to believe that they would move them into a property knowing of the violence. They promised to move my daughter last August and have done nothing so we have only just started the process of using the Ombudsman so we will see whether it makes any difference.

I feel for you as I know how it has affected my daughter.

Best wishes

cag is a mine of info but is not a jack of all trades.

this site :

Neighbours From Hell in Britain

i can highly recommend

but as already suggested, a camera is your best weapon.

now take that one step further, and get a webcam with sound.

one of the autozoom face reg ones

i only say this as it is very useful when skyping to others on the group above.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cheryl,

We had very similar problems where we used to live.

I had purchased my flat under the Right to Buy Scheme. There were no major problems with this particular neighbour until a couple of years before we sold up and moved, mainly because I was at the end of my tether and would certainly have ended up in jail because of this family if we hadn't moved.

I approached the local council as my neighbours were too scared of this family to do anything about it. The situation was explained, and the council being complete imbiciles, did not have a clue how to deal with it.

Our local "Safer Neighbourhood Team" of the Met Police, were fantastic. They backed me all the way. I contacted the local councillors and MP. They put pressure on the council to deal with this family.

I also managed to obtain the e mail address of the Chairman of the housing department. Anything that infringed my right to a peaceful life was e mailed to him at every opportunity. EVERYTHING, no matter how trivial or minor was mailed there and then.

This soon cascaded down to the imbiciles at the local neighbourhood office. After 18 months of misery, they eventually started taking action, culminating in the family being evicted. Normally I would hate to see anyone lose their homes, but in this case, one family were terrorising around 50 others.

I have no regrets over my actions, and if the same happens again, I would do it all over again.

Contact your local councillors, their names are available on the local councils web site. Also contact your MP and if you have such, the Safer Neighbourhood police teams. You will probably find that the police are looking for more ammo against the offenders anyway.

Also find out who is in charge of the housing association, let them know of every single thing that disturbs your right to a peaceful life, they will soon act.

Best of luck,

Archway

Archway

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem where my wife and I live.There are 6 flats in the complex.2 on the ground floor, 2 on the first, and 2 on the second. We had to endure 18 months of partying from around 23.00 until as early as 07.20 in the morning, mostly at weekends.As we bought our flat, and all the other 5 are rented, no-one was prepared to make any complaints.Enter newmoses.After keeping diaries, contacting the police on several occasions, and contacting mp nick palmer, we were still getting nowhere.i then gave the council the choice of either sorting the problem out within 14 days, or i get the police to enforce a 6 month closure order on the property involved under the "anti social behaviour act 2003", which was used to great effect by mansfield council in 2008.section 1 applies.I have all 4 copies of "blackstones police manuals " which can be obtained on ebay for around £30.00 plus postage.These proved very valuable.around 10 days later, the council evicted the nuisance tenant.

when i was seven months pregnant with my 5th child i was moved into a house that was next to a family that was well known by the council for causing trouble, they set fire to my back fence when my little ones were playing, tried to break into my house at night, fights on the street , drunken parties ect. i complained to the council who did not very much, they said phone environmental health, i did and they said they would need to talk to me in front of them!!!! this would obviously cause more problems for me if they knew i was complaining so what i ended up doing on the advise of a police officer friend was every single time they did something phone the police... even if they wont come out they will give a police number to jot down in your diary. tell them when you ring you dont want them to call at your house as it will put you in danger after two weeks i had plenty of police numbers ect i went into the council and said i was going to the local paper if they didnt move me , i said they had put us at risk and they knew about this family for a long time and did nothing.... i was offered a move the same week.

• Haha 1

Well done Binkhus :D

My main problem was I owned the flat and when people came up to view when I was selling, these idiots were outside at all times of the day and night drinking loopy juice.

I logged every single thing, e mailed the chief executive, cc'd the Met Police, local councillor, local MP, and any other tom dick or harry who was important enough.

It was only when I done it this way, did things change. The people in the local neighbourhood office just didn't have a clue how to deal with it.

Let ALL the ones in authority know what's going on, make a nuisance of yourself, if your peace and quiet is being disturbed, let them know. We all have a right to a peaceful life.

I also obtained a copy of the tenancy contract for the council tenants. I told all and sundry which conditions were being breached when I e mailed them. I also kept advising the CEO of his legal and moral obligations to his other tenants.

It took time, but in the end, the troublemakers were evicted.

Archway

The Housing Association she rents from actually rented the property to her knowing that the previous tenant was hit over the head with a plank of wood by the neighbour's son. Her son was 15 at the time and I find it hard to believe that they would move them into a property knowing of the violence. They promised to move my daughter last August and have done nothing

I rented from a HA and the next door neighbour was the village drunk and trouble maker, well known to the villagers (who had campaigned to have him evicted) and the HA. I had so many altercations with him, eventually he slapped my 8 year son hard across the face in the street when my son going to the shop down the road.

I reported it to the police - their response? 'its your son's word against his' (i.e. the neighbour). Apparently this wasnt the first time he did this. I complained to the HA who told me that they were aware of the 'problems this tenant has previously caused but we are under no obligation to release that information to you'.

I was furious. No help from them or the police. I eventually telephoned my local council who moved me into a council house within weeks - I was very lucky. Thank you local council :D

But I do feel for you, so take this as far as you can. Good luck

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet.

(Seneca the Younger (attributed), Proverbs, 74)

Speech is given to many; intelligence to few - but if its well said, I said it!

:p

Summanotre,

That is absolutely appalling. The HA had a duty of care towards you, especially knowing that you had a small child living with you.

Wasn't it wonderful years ago when if you had a noisy/violent neighbour you could depend on the police to go round and read the riot act? Now they always appear to be on the side of the aggressor, and God help you if you are a law-abiding, well-mannered citizen and dare to stand up for yourself because you'll be the one they throw the book at. :(

DD

Indeed. What made my whole situation even more distressing was the fact that as a disabled single parent, my children aged 8 & 9 at the time were my (and still are) sole carers. Social Services didnt want to know either (funny Social Services initials SS).

At the end of the day I was completely taken aback that the only organisation that was more than willing to help was the local council. They helped me with an initial request to ask the SS (tee hee) and the police to investigate but by the time that happened the village had literally driven the drunkard out of the village, and he was last seen roaming the streets of another town.

I keep having these images of angry villagers carrying pitchforks and other gardening equipment running after the guy! :lol:

Seems to be hit and miss as to who is prepared to help unfortunately.

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet.

(Seneca the Younger (attributed), Proverbs, 74)

Speech is given to many; intelligence to few - but if its well said, I said it!

:p

• 2 weeks later...

the ha will tell you that everyone has a right to a roof over their head and at the end of the day all they can do is move them. they only time they will make someone homless is if they are over 25 and don't have children. but if they have a drug/ drink problem or spent time in jail they will get special treatment.

Indeed. What made my whole situation even more distressing was the fact that as a disabled single parent, my children aged 8 & 9 at the time were my (and still are) sole carers. Social Services didnt want to know either (funny Social Services initials SS).

At the end of the day I was completely taken aback that the only organisation that was more than willing to help was the local council. They helped me with an initial request to ask the SS (tee hee) and the police to investigate but by the time that happened the village had literally driven the drunkard out of the village, and he was last seen roaming the streets of another town.

I don't follow this. Social Services are a part of the Council