help please!!!

beetlebug1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all hope someone can give some advice

posting on behalf of a friend, she is a single mum of 5 and a part time worker.

she is in recipt of working tac credit, child tax credit and child benefit.

for the last 10 days she has been of work sick, she has done something bad to her back. she can barley walk let alone work.

she has been signed of by the doctor for at least the next two weeks.

she is entitled to sick pay from one of her part time jobs but this is only £75 a week.

is she entitled to anything else, and does she need to tell the tax credit people she is off work?

any help would be gratefully recieved.

thanks

She can claim working tax credits for up to twenty six weeks while claiming Statutory Sick Pay and off work sick

Unfortunately untill that runs out and her SSP she cant claim the new E.S.A benefit

If she is off for a few works she may be able to claim housing and council tax benefi because she is on a low income

thanks for that mikey

i will tell her about the council tax benefit.

she won't be able to claim housing benefit as she has a morgage to pay. this is her bigest worry. thing were tight before the bad back but with just the ssp coming in i don't know how she will manage.

five children eat alot!!!

I don`t know what type of mortgage she has or with who but I am off long term sick about to go on half pay and spoke to my mortgage lender who readily agreed to put me on a temporary interest only payment plan (he suggested no more than 6 months as I do not have a policy to cover his type of mortgage) which bought my payments down from£970 to £251 per month. I was luckty though as I was on a tracker and benefitted from the interest rate cuts. Good luck

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

• 3 weeks later...
NO CHILD SUPPORT

ex husband left three years ago and the csa say they are still trying to find him even though my friend supplied new address and work information!!!

pick up the phone and speak to CSA - ask them direct questions about your case -

- have they contacted the employer for confirmation that he works there

- have they contacted your ex husband for work information

- what response have they had

- what is their next action and when will it be complete

If your ex partner is being evasive and not responding to them they do have a lot of powers - they can get wage information direct from the employer and if he does not pay what they have asked for they can impose a deduction of earnings - which means (that if he does not leave his job to avoid paying), eventually you will start to have money coming through, including arrears due to you from the start of your case, at up to 40% of what he earns.

Pick up the phone to CSA, and be polite (but insistent)

Maintenence is NOT disregarded from benefits, it is a new way of managing the benefit.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)