Attention: the Rankines Panorama BBC1 20:30 10/11/2008

robcag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting piece just on BBC R4 'You and yours', part of a series on consumer credit. Various ex-employees of sub-prime mortgage firms talking about how they got round FSA rules, and the Chairman of the Council of Mortgage Lenders saying that 'bad things happen to good people' and so lenders whould be more understanding about debt.

If you miss(ed) it it will be repeated. The BBC site shows the following times:

1. 10 Nov 2008 20:30
    BBC One
  2. 13 Nov 2008 04:30
    BBC News Channel
  3. 14 Nov 2008 00:25
    BBC One (except BBC One Northern Ireland, Wales)
  4. 16 Nov 2008 20:30
    BBC News Channel
  5. 17 Nov 2008 01:50
    BBC One (BBC One Northern Ireland only)

• Haha 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

They charge £360+ for their services - trying to claim back some of their losses methinks

Someone - probably a CAGger - posted this on Careful With Your Cash!: Want Your Money Back...??: £349 for information that is publicly available? - wow, no wonder [problematic] get a bad name. I'll probably watch the programme but will not be using their "services".

:D:grin::-D:D:grin::-D Love it!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I have a thought that perhaps we should have a big bold notice on the front page of the site telling new comers that they do not need to pay such exhorbitant amounts of money to unscrupulous companies to perform a service that they can do themselves.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I have a thought that perhaps we should have a big bold notice on the front page of the site telling new comers that they do not need to pay such exhorbitant amounts of money to unscrupulous companies to perform a service that they can do themselves.

Yes, I agree.

I just had a good look around their website ... hmm no comment.

Edited by zazen.warrior

Unfortunately what the Rankines appear to advocate unashamedly is debt evasion - as I see it, CAG is dedicated to protecting individuals against the actions of those companies in the finance industry who don't play by the book and who use unscrupulous and often illegal methods to recover alleged debts.

It would be bad for CAG to ever become associated with these self-publicising idiots because the BBC's editorial judgment is misguided.

I'm worried the BBC will be allowing their poor research into the Rankines' activities to besmirch those of us with genuine grievances against the 'system'. Sadly, mud sticks. I can just see the headlines in the Daily Mail about scabby commies using legal loopholes to undermine our wonderful banking system!

Judgment comes later... let's hope the Beeb does a fair job.

If it's on BBCi player,then it should be possible to save the video stream somehow and grab the video at full picture and sound quality.

Anyone know how to do that? I know it's possible to grab flash video from Youtube and sites like 1st Credit's. Erm....lol.....

Just in case I'm recording it on PVR and hoping old analogue video capture thing works on windows Xpee, and get it that way. Can't promise anything, but a near broadcast quality copy does make things easier from an editing point of view. :D

Time to dust off the gormless stills of Uncle Bob and get them animated in a Phonejacker type of style. ;)

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

It will be the usual story of DCA's blagging and bullying people into preferrential treatment of creditors and all that. There will be the awful tales of people driven to suicide by the institutions that may as well be run by gangsters!

If the couple that have had debt written off due to a 'loophole' to quote the BBC then I forsee a deluge of CCA requests to bank tomorow - not sure it that is a good or bad thing really?!

Funny how what I assume will be essential case law being refered to as a loophole.

The Rankines! :eek:

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.