MBNA - At it again

cashins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really don't know what this company has to do for the authorities ever to bring them to book.

First, I have never been able to get a legible CCA out of them despite involving the F O S, T/S and copying OFT. They even had the cheek to say I never sent the £1, (when I complained).

Next was my complaint regarding their persistent marketing of loans, by post and by phone of an account which is in default. Suprise the above have again done nothing.

Now they tell me they have not received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) or the £10 cheque, despite being delivered by special. They only came up with this when they got my letter before action, (please end another one).

It seems to me that this company has no interest in complying with the law of th land, secure in the knowledge that the powers that be will never take action against them.

Regarding the SAR, I can prove it was delivered and they are well outside the 40 days. I am minded to simple file a court claim with now further delay.

Question: In view of the b*ll**** they are coming out with, will the judge take a dim view of such action at this stage thinking if they have lost the papers, I should give them time to comply.

David

Edited by cashins
Pell

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am having the rin around with these bunch of ****** i have S.A.R'D them before they sent in optima legal which i then sent in a cpr 18 still no cca but its ok for them to take ppc payments without my agreement also not had any default letters or LBA'S from optima

Here is my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/151709-help.html

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent a Sar by special delivery to MBNA.

MBNA say of course, they never received it.

Royal Mail now tell me this item was part of a bulk delivery, in other words, it was delivered but no signature was obtained for it.

So what is the point of special delivery?

David

If they are saying that they never received it....wait until the 40 days are up....send them a reminder of their obligations to provide the SAR, if they fail to respond within a further 14 days....then take it straight to the ICO...you have made MORE than a reasonable effort to post it by a guaranteed delivery !!! and you have the stamp to prove it....bar delivering it yourself and filming it on camera....what more could you do....

• Haha 1

Well past the forty days, they've had the LBA for 21 days now.

I was just checking all the bases brfore the N1 went into court.

After a formal complaint to Royal Mail, they now tell me that they can send me the 'group' signature.

That will do.

Thanks

David

I suspect I am in the same boat though they did respond to a CCA request that was in the same envelope - looking forward to the repsonse to the reminder which Of course mentioned teh CCA and included a copy of the proof of delivery

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

hi cashins

it is normal for companies to have bulk delievery

the bar codes are put on a card, the company checks the number of items, then signs the card.

you can contact the delievery office where the item was sent to, give them the date, and they will retrieve the card.

they can tell you who signed for the items

hope that helps

Thanks all

As per post, Royal Mail say thats what they are doing.

Can only say it's a bit of a joke when you have to resort to the courts to get part of one of the largest banks in the world to comply with the laws of the country they happen to be operating in.

One result of the current financial screw up is that governments will no longer be able to perpetuate the myth that these organisations can be trusted, (don't embarress politicians, they won't forgive you) and hopefully give them a good kicking.

David

PS: If I was head of the FSA, I would be taking an interest in the Times appointments pages right now.

Cap1/Debitas are saying they never received a CCA request from me and I did get a signature on recorded delivery! Any ideas?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a letter, (handwritten envelope - postmark Cora Droma Ruisc, Eire).

Inside - MBNA Chester. They are selling my account which means, " I will no longer be a customer of MBNA":eek::eek::eek:.

Of course I can prevent this happening by calling 01244 674663 and making an immediate payment of £85.

Two days later, I got a nice flowery postcard from someone called Claire who is going to visit me this week, unless of course I phone the same number.

I wonder if she's bringing my leaving gift?

David

Hi this is the normal MBNA crap to try to get you to ring they probably say that they will be calling on Friday etc (phone call).

They are just trying to get you to ring them so they can torment you into making a payment or if you are not X-directory to get your phone number.

dpick:)

MBNA used their ROI office when I was doing battle with them. I had a number of letters with ROI postmarks, followed by a couple of emails, all apparently from people with very Irish names - lots of accents - they obviously imagine that North and South are the same, and all speak gaelic. As a prod in NI (though a blow-in), I was unimpressed. I wrote to Chester and mentioned that MBNA (ROI) is a foreign company, and doesn't hold a UK consumer credit licence, so shouldn't be involved in chasing UK debt. MBNA wound their Irish necks in very quickly, and I never heard from the South again.

Faugh A Ballagh, MBNA...

Edited by ScarletPimpernel

This particular and futile ploy by the North American Merchant Bankers is similar to the silly one practised by the Leeds Losers where they use envelopes with a Scottish address on the rear to up the threat for their Scottish and Northern Ireland Victims. Crapquest seem to think that anyone north of Watford is subject to Scottish Law and threaten them with their scary Scottish solicitors Nolans.

With MBNA I suspect that 2/3rds of the population of Northern Ireland getting letters post marked from the Gaelic version of Carrick on Shannon would save them up for their annual bonfire and would be twice as unlikely to respond to threats from a foreign country.

Yet another missive from MBNA with, suprise a stay of execution and an improved offer, 40% of the balance.

This would register as a partial, but they would not take action on the balance. (Of course not they would sell it on). As they have no legal right to enforce the debt, I'll pass.

Joke is I have now been written to, within two days of each other by Paul Cambell, Head of Customer Assistance and Dee Dilstone, who is also Head of Customer Assistance.

Hmmmmmm, that must be interesting.

David

Yet another missive from MBNA with, suprise a stay of execution and an improved offer, 40% of the balance.

This would register as a partial, but they would not take action on the balance. (Of course not they would sell it on). As they have no legal right to enforce the debt, I'll pass.

Joke is I have now been written to, within two days of each other by Paul Cambell, Head of Customer Assistance and Dee Dilstone, who is also Head of Customer Assistance.

Hmmmmmm, that must be interesting.

David

Maybe they are one and the same. Dee Dilstone crazy name crazy gal

This is turning into the long goodbye, more deadlines past, more offers keep coming.

I think they're really going to miss me, (or is it the £8k they will never see)?

It's getting a bit tedious, I've had my 'sorry you're leaving' card ready to post for a few days now.

Reaches for hanky....

David