MBNA - At it again

cashins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nah.

OH did take a call Sunday:eek:, which could of been one of them trying to say goobye personally.

When told I was out, the caller was so choked he just hung up.

If there are any MBNA staff looking in - Bye Bye

David

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite another missed deadline, I am still a customer of MBNA.

They have sent me a notice of arrears, (which I think is a precursor to them finally unloading it). Included with it is OFT Information Sheet OFT965, 'Arrears'

As The OFT and MBNA appear to be in such harmony it's no suprise that this company is immune from prosecution.

David

Despite another missed deadline, I am still a customer of MBNA.

They have sent me a notice of arrears, (which I think is a precursor to them finally unloading it). Included with it is OFT Information Sheet OFT965, 'Arrears'

As The OFT and MBNA appear to be in such harmony it's no suprise that this company is immune from prosecution.

David

It's ironic really on several fronts. Firstly, there will be a lot more people unemployed soon and unable to pay their bill, so there will presumably be a lot more potential victims for the likes of MBNA and customers for this site. Among the unemployed within the next 18 months there will also be a large number of the people who currently make our laws, but they won't be affected by this because they will be cushioned by us taxpayers.

There really is a case to be made that prospective MPs should not be allowed to stand for Parliament until such time as they reach a certain age and have had to do a proper job for a time and live in the real world with the rest of us. If that were the case, we'd have better people ruling us and better laws.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Enforcing the ones we already have would be a start!!!

That's part of the problem though because we've got too many. We've had legislation mania for 10 years, some of it clearly ridiculous and a lot of it contradictory. Worst of all, most of it is dictated to us by the idiots in Brussels who we don't elect and can't remove.

There was a time, when we ruled ourselves, when MPs were serious people who'd seen a bit of life, had held proper jobs and even served in the armed forces. They knew what life was like and passed sensible legislation and not too much of it. Nowadays, we have ex Polytechnic Lecturers, ex-councillors, ex Party Workers etc. etc. Hardly any of them have worked in private industry and even fewer have any idea what life is like for the majority. They think that every problem can be solved by ill-conceived legislation and target setting. How can a serious country, like ours used to be, end up with a 12-year old Foreign Secretary and a would-be bimbo as Home Secretary? As for the Chancellor, well let's not go there.

Donkeys, the lot of them.

Rant over.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

You've been saving that up!

Joke is the info sheet has a number of bullet points.

Point 1, (the one they want you to read), "Contact the organisation you owe money to"

Point 4, Advises against taking out a secured loan to pay debts.

They obviously didn't read down that far.

You've been saving that up!

Joke is the info sheet has a number of bullet points.

Point 1, (the one they want you to read), "Contact the organisation you owe money to"

Point 4, Advises against taking out a secured loan to pay debts.

They obviously didn't read down that far.

Somebody should mention point 4 to MBNA. For every threatogram I've had from them in the last 6 months I've also had a leaflet from loans.co.uk!

Regards.

Fred

• 1 month later...

Had a letter from the above DCA saying they have been appointed collection agents for my MBNA Card.

Does this mean no more PINK PIGS?????:-o

The letter is in fact very polite which is a refreshing change for a and has been in dispute for nearly a year now. DCA, however they will not get a penny as the CCA is unenforceable.

Does anyone know anything about them as I have never heared of them?

David

oh cashins i dont know anything about these people but do hope you dont get any more pink pigs neither,

good luck ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Similar scenario - CCA must have been produced by Andrex (not even soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent :( )

2 letters from DCR - crawled back under their stone

2 letters from Reston 'Solicitors' - back into their pond as well

It's all gone quiet over there......

It is mainly a matter of who blinks first - I suspect they know that in my case they have no chance at all (cr*ppy CCA - defective DN etc.)

BUT - no more pink pigs/postcards or funny coloured envelopes.

Hi Steve H - looks like you are further along than me, (although I stopped paying them 10 months ago).

According to a post on the thread (Linked in ODC's post, thanks ODC), DCR are MBNA and work out of there. Guy says he actually knows Gordon Matthews of DCR. Seems I have Restons to come then!

Thanks all

David

Yes - I'm about 18 months down the line - fortunately they do not have either of my home or work phone numbers - blissful silence.

Evil thought -

Why not change your number via their website to:

020 7230 1212

That should give them a shock!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cashins!

Thought id look into your thread for a change!! see the lovely Dee and Paul on your case!ive got Martin Supple!MBNA promoted me now and i am now one of their honoured customers who receive pretty post cards from them! Got a lovely postcard with a winter scene on it!says an Ian is going to come and visit me next week!:eek:Me and hubby will have to bring out the sherry and mince pies!My hubby is quite looking foward to having a visiter as he says he does not get out much!LOL

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Clair was coming to see me.

Waited in but she stood me up!!

David

thats a pity ypu must have got all dressed up for her!!:wink: Not to worry ryanair are doing £1 speicals at present so I am sure she will be along soon.

On a serious note do these people ever learn. They can not turn up on without your permission you could report them for tresspass if they do. I too am getting ready to do battle with them. I took a card out with them in 2005 applied online but they never sent me a credit agreement to sign so hence there is no credit agreement there is no debt to be paid.

Yes it is getting to be a bit of a joke now! but you have to have a laugh about it or you would end up crying!Actually when i was trawling through some MBNA threads i noticed someone who claimed to be an ex mbna staff!They said that normally these threats of people visiting your home are empty threats in MBNAS case! and that noone ever calls! it is just a scare tactic! and he says that if anyone was to call they would probably be more scared than we are! LOL MBNA must have been a horrible place to work for if even ex staff turning up on his forum to speak against them! :D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• 4 months later...

David, the following address is the one from where I have been receiving Data

MBNA Europe Bank LImited

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9HB

Compliance Department

The contacts have been M Vernon and A Hughes

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

David, the only other address I have and have signatures for deliveries is this one :

MBNA Europe Ltd

PO Box 1004

Chester Busines Park

Chester

CH4 9WW.

I think the only difference to above is the post box number and the post code. HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

In response to my SAR they say, 'I can confirm that due to archive retrieval issues a copy of your original agreement is unavailable'.

Wonder if that's why our friends in Warrington twice returned my s78 request and seem, for the moment to have backed off.

I was however sent a copy under s78 by MBNA themselves, early 2008, (which is utter junk) and I wonder if they would perform the same miracle if it did ever come to court.

David

• 1 month later...

For anyone bemused by MBNA's total inabilty to tell the truth and are amazed by their total disrespect for the law of the land, the following article regarding their parent company may shed some light on it!

BofA pays $33m fine to settle bonus charges - Business News, Business - The Independent

Like father, like son?

David

• 2 weeks later...

MBNA are currently refusing to supply a copy of the original agreement under a SAR. (Me and others I am aware of)

Excuse is:

"Due to current archive retrieval issues I can confirm that I am unable to provide a copy of your original credit agreement. I can confirm that your Subject Access Request has been fully complied with as all retrievalble data pertaining to the data subject has been provided"

The trick is in, "Due to current archive retrieval issues..." -obviously leaving it open to produce it in the future.

It's also b*ll**** as they are still churning out the normal 'watered down' versions in response to an Sec.78 request, as we speak.

Can they get away with this?

David