Parking eye charge notice - reply or ignore it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x I just got back from a 3 week holiday to find a parking charge from Parking Eye . In fact I got 3 notifications £50-£80-£110 . I entered the Car park that services 15-20 shops at 14:30 I went shopping for holiday clothes, Food and PC world. I left the Car park at 19:20. as I had finished with my shopping. It states that the car park only allows you to park there for 3 hours. I spent £640 on shopping that day and did not expect to be charged £110 just to park. They also state on the letter " If payment is not received we will pursue this matter through the appropriate channels" . The photos of the car on the notice only shows the car driving on the road, not parked in a parking space. There are no identifying buildings anywhere or barriers that shows that my car is in said car park. Those pictures could have been taken anywhere.

What are my rights in regards to this issue?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received one of these Parking Charge Notices from Parking Eye, and had written them a letter, then decided to look up the company on the internet, and found this thread. I am a disabled driver, and was parked in a disabled bay, displaying my blue badge when I received my Parking Charge Notice. I also had a hypo attack (low blood sugar) whilst out shopping and as per driving regs, did not drive for at least 20 minutes after having this. Though that can not be taken into consideration when they are photoing you driving in and out of the car park.They said on the PCN that a sign is clearly visable at the entrance to the carpark, and around the car park. I have since returned and found that NO notification was to be found at the entrance to the car park, and they are quite high up on a lamp post in the car park. I have to say this is an Aldi store in Prenton, and I see someone else has had the same with Aldi. As per there reply I will be contacting Aldi by post and telephone to discuss this with them, and will not be paying the charges.I take it I am within the law doing this by what I have read in the rest of the thread?I will still send my letter which I have already written, but add a few more things in it now.Really glad I took the time to look things up.

Check out the ukpoliceonline website with parking charge notice -pcn in search. Sorry could not post the full link as I have not posted enough on here yet.Have found a lot of interesting information and re written my letter to them, with the advice given, re the law. Crem, are you saying I should pay?

• 2 weeks later...

I received a PCN from Parking Eye for staying 11 minutes over the time on my ticket. Wrote to appeal as I had a young child with me who was in urgent need of a nappy change and feed before we left the car park. Had a letter rejecting my appeal and asking for further evidence if I wished them to further consider the appeal.

As I've already entered into correspondence should I ignore any further letters?

Hi guys

I've received one from Eye re an Aldi store. Having read the advice here I have no intention of communicating with PEye but thought I would give Aldi a ring. They were very helpful and said send the PCN plus Aldi receipt or redacted bank statement to their HO to get it cancelled. I'll try this and report back; it might save some folk a bit of grief (although personally debt collectors don't trouble me).

love

vic

Hi DBC

You are right and I was wrong; I've just received threat-o-gram 2 which becomes:

• PNC, TO OWNER
  • "Payment of the Parking Charge will be taken as acceptance of the breach of...."
  • "If ... not paid...the first of many additional charges will be made".
  • " ...will pursue this matter through the appropriate channels".

And my natural politeness stops when faced by threat.

x

v

Could anyone please help me?

I live in England and was in Scotland on 24th August 2011. I was visiting Bathgate retail park and have been issued a parking ticket from them. They have sent me pictures of my car entering the car park at11.19am and leaving at 14.14. They say the car park only allows 2 hours parking.

I do not recall seeing any signs when I drove into this car park. If anyone lives in this area or knows this retail car park, could they please let me know if they do have adequate signs posted. I really can't afford a £50 parking fine.

I found a general letter you should use if you want to contact Private Car Park regulators like Parking eye on Martin Lewis (moneymaker) website.It is very good and basically tells them you know your rights, and any furhter correspondence will be deemed as harrasment.I have sent mine, and am awaiting their 3rd letter!!!I was worryiong about this a few weeks ago, but not any longer.Also got some bits on the law about it on the Police Forum Website, you have to remember this is contractual law and not criminal law! And as so if they want to send in a bailiff they need to take you to court first which will cost more than they will get back, so they wont!!!1

• 2 weeks later...

I will do just that, thanks.

I did write one letter to them, but as I was not the driver am not responsible, sso will ignore any further correspondence.

By the way the car was parked in a Aldi/Home & Bargain Car Park. That the big signs at the entrance to the car park. The Parking Eye Signs said, 'Aldi Customer Only - 1 1/2 hour paking' as I was not just an Aldi customer, and no where does it say you cant park here if you shopping in Home & Bargain, then also reackon that there is no case (even if Parking Eye thought there was), as its a joint car park, no sign on the entrance, and states Aldi Cutomers .........................

I will not be wasting my time, paper, or stamps anymore.

Cheers

Helen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks