Re: Distressing phone call from MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sunflower99

Yes, i was going to increase my payments this month to £1.01.

But i think they where one step in front of me, and never sent my statements through i'm very angry at this :mad::mad::mad:.

But i'm getting better as Frank Spencer once said ( In every way and every day, i'm getting better and better).

So keep your chin up.

Gaz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gazza! Thanks for all your moral support and giving me a laugh about your dealiings with MBNA!You have to have a laugh sometimes as we would all end up crying!It is nice to talk to people who are sharing the same horrible experiences with banks particulary MBNA.! it is strange they are with holding your statements ! Is that legal? if they say you have an account and owe them money?I am going to try and chill out today as i am not looking foward to going to work tommorrow particulary now i keep getting phone calls from MBNA and possibly capital one.The only good thing i can say is that i think my telephone harrasement letter has done some good in stopping RMA who act on behalf of MBNA from phoning me at work and at home,As before my boss was saying they were constantly phoning my work place up sometimes up to ten times a day! and they make no secret of who they are and tell eveyone who answers the phone they are RMA! Their behaviour and of course MBNAs behaviour is nearly as bad as parking a big van outside someones house saying Debt Collecter on it! Which is definitly illegal!Also the phone is not ringing nearly as much at home!and i think or at least hopeing it may be because RMA have realised they could be in trouble if they carry on harrasing me by telephone now ! Now ive said that like you i will probably get them ringing me now!It is horrible though how they try to embaress people at work as i was saying in my post to the godmother people who know nothing about my personal life and problems feel free to judge me and some of them very smug!Until youve been in serious debt yourself people seem to have no understanding of what it is like !I mentioned in Godmothers post about a colleague who judged me and yet her life circumstances so different from mine.I also had another colleague saying that i owed MBNA money and implying that they were right to harress me!Making me feel i was some kind of crook for giving up paying them their full monthly repayments!They keep saying i should write to them or phone them saying i should come to arrangement with them and dont understand wh i am reluctant to!They dont seem to understand that DCAS will try and force me to make an agreement which will get me in even more trouble!I had all this on friday generated by another illegal phone call from MBNA at my work place!That why i love this site so much as when i am feeling down i read through my threadsagain and other peoples and get more advice and reassurance,I am so grateful to people who explain things to me and tell me that i have probably already over the years paid MBNA back a very large percentage of what i borrowed of them and if it was not for their horrendous interest rates and charges i would probably be owing them a lot less!and that i am not some kind of a criminal!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Sunflower99

Yes, don't get stressed i used to get stressed over these but not anymore. Yes for MBNA/Abbey not sending me my statements for September is not good :mad:. If there running out of funds, as most banks are at the moment. I'll supply the paper for them, so i can get my statements:D. Don't get upset on the RMA, they can't do anything at the end of the day. Because if your account has gone to the RMA, your account would of allready been defaulted. So weather you pay a £1, £2, £10 or even £50 off the account each month. Your default is still going to be on your records for 6 Years. So tell them to go away and just pay them what you can afford. Then if your finances change then your pay them a little more. Just like i did i was paying them a £1, my finances changed i now can afford £1.01 :D. Thats when i can get my statements though from them.

So keep your chin up.

Gaz

Hi Car

yes it is awkward for me at work! Trouble is that i think they think they have deluded themselves that they are genuinely trying to help me! as they keep saying that they are worried about me and that they are worried that if i dont communicate with banks that they will come marching through our front door etc! but at least due to this wonderful site i know now a bit better or else i would have been more worried than i am already!I dont want to make things any more unpleasant at work as i am in a bit of a delicate situation with my boss for getting phone call at work already so i will have to be careful i suppose but i think next time they start trying to lecture me i will try the tactic of saying i dont want to discuss this and say a polite mind your own buisness!and that i am careful not to introduce the subject up apart from telling them to tell me about or pass phone calls on to me so i can start logging them in for a potential harrasement case! If they carry on after me telling them i dont want to discuss my arrangements with banks with them i will have to take up your suggestion.I know what you mean by now for getting conflicting advice! LOL! As spamhead thinks i should not have attempted to make any sort of token payment to MBNA and maybe noit helping myself though he goes on to say that it is not a major mistake! but as i think you nundersand Car that i am in a strange position that though you and me and most people on this site have their suspicions about this CCA being fudged up ! No one can be completly sure unless MBNA is forced to show original to a court!so i am in a position that if cca is declared to be enforceable i will not be in such a good position and then may have to show court on other hand that i have taken debt seriously and was responsible enoguh to make some sort of payment so court will look more favourably on my circumstances.If no cca been produced or one that was a 100% clearly non enforceable i would be in a lot stronger position!Thanks again for all your help!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Gazza

i have just been trawling through my MBNA threatograms and there has been no mention of a formal default notice yet!The only thing i have been informed of is that i have a restiction on my account!MBNA still own debt and RMA are only acting as their agents,So as far as i am aware no formal default notice yet.

See Sunflower99 there not treating you bad:(.

They told me to cut up my card and return it to them :confused:.

That was just for missing one payment, i can't see where i went wrong:confused:.

I mean i pay them there token payments, what else do they want from me:mad:. As i haven't received my last months statements, i will have to send them a IOU, i hope they don't get shirty over that.

Gaz

Hi Gazza! They told me to cut up card as well!and send it to them!after restriction on account order!but i was unable to as i had already cut it into several little pieces as i dont think i will be wanting to use their credit card again even if i was ever able to clear my arrears after their treatment of people!Oh dear things are getting bad with them if they can not afford paper for statement! LOL I have an online bank account with all the banks listed on them so i can make them what ever payment i wish even if they did stop sending me statements!I would never trust them with a direct debit after hearing some persons experience on it where they decided to take several months arrears as well as the agreed monthly repayment sum leaving this poor person totally with out any money,This bank is beyond belief! and makes even the other banks look reasonable in comparison,:)

Hi Sumflower99

I tried cutting mine up, but the scissors i used where blunt:eek:.

So i ended up sticking mine in the microwave, it looked pretty impresive when it came out:eek:. So i've got no cards now:eek: No Statements:eek:.

I'm in a right state :confused:;).

Gaz

Ahhh yes I remember this now. I do think that this would be unenforcable in court as there is no proof that the terms and conditions are in relation to the signed page. However I would still feel more confident if someone else was of the same opinion.

Next time anyone from there phones up, say that you are prepared to change your payment. From £1.00 to 50p. Ask them when you are getting your proper CCA. Or simply give the phone to the dog/baby/washing machine and let them talk to someone on the same communication level.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

hiya Sunflower

im really worried for you now that your workplace and colleagues are in my opinion also using bully tactics, i cannot believe your boss niether. Like above have all said - its now time to take action with a true harrassment claim, and also as they have told other colleagues they are from rma or mbna or whoever else, and the frequency of the calls, im not too sure but have they also gone against the data protection act in someway?

Your colleagues might be worried about you in their own way , i hope its genuine but really are not being helpful in their latest treatment of you.

have you not written to mbna or just rma about the harrassment? you need to formally make a complaint and that you insist that they do not call you at work, as it will affect your job prospects this continious harrasment and if you should lose your job then where will you payments next come from? i believe they cannot take them from your benefits is what ive read somewhere but of course check this out.

im so very angry for you - now being judged by so called friends and colleagues is unfortunately only human behaviour, those like you say who have not experienced debt dont know nothing and should not comment on what you should do or not do,

however, have you got a copy of the office of trading collection guidelines?

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

there are quite a few sections that could have a good impact and you could use, take a look and ask any questions and we will help

ciao for now laters maz take care and chill today

Edited by maz1964

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Maz! At least my boss so far being ok about it! and he did say he wrote personally to RMA as well asking them to stop phonning me at work,so he is not using bullying tactics it is just my colleagues funnily enough giving me the most grief over this.when i did get worried about being called into my bosses office and got upset thinking he was going to give me a warning over this as he kept saying the calls must stop he was quick to reassure me that my job not at risk and to give him his due he has not said anything to me much about it much since that talk.even though a few more calls came through since,It is my other colleagues who seem to be giving me the most grief over this.I dont mind conferring with them on how to make phone calls stopand how to deal with them as that is a concern at my working place but i dont like it when they try and probe about what i am doing about my debts and judging me as it is not really their business .I dont think they meant to annoy me and i think they genuinely think they are helping me but a lot of them have very different circcumstances from me! and dont understand what a strange life i have with a husband who gets depressed and down a lot because he feels ill all the time and cant work and having to manage on just one shop workers wage! with rising prices and because we are often depressed miserable hard up and desperate how tempting it is to use credit that was up to now constantly being bombarded through our letter box!At least on here it is a lovely forum and every one in here in the same boat and no one juges people on how they got into this position!Thanks again for all your moral support Maz! You have been great!

I find that some people are very keen to criticise those who have debt problems - perhaps they have something to hide themselves - or perfect lives that can easily be shattered as I well know. No-one is invincible, especially now, and I would keep that in mind when people are trying to put you down.

The majority of people who have debt problems are the victims of irresponsible lending IMO and there is only a minority who have deliberately got into that situation.

Just remember that we are all vulnerable and that the better people think they are the harder they fall

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

hi sunflower it's only me.

huggys boss has barred me off photoshop for the day that sucks :(

anyway think of this when the rich people go bust which they are doing at a great rate these days. how will they cope ? we are the stronger ones because we live it everyday. make you smile don't it.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Exactly the point Huggy. From a song that I can't remember who, the line 'freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose' has always struck a chord with me. If you have nothing then they can't take it away from you:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

hiya all and sunflower

im glad ive been of some kind of moral support, thanks, i apologise if i mis understood that your boss wasnt helping you, looks like they have with the rma people, would they do the same letter to mbna for you at least hopefully their calls can also stop for you.

its not an ideal situation but any boss worth their salt will try all in their power to help you out of this at least you can feel safe at work.

yes like goldlady and huggy have said, the colleagues are another thing, human nature ive found always too inquistive sometimes, and maybe they also have debts to hide and so far have managed - but i was told once not sure if from a song or a saying, be nice to the people on the way up, as you dont know who you meet on the way down

somehow its always made me think of others as i live my daily life.

anyway off to do a quick search of my updates on my threads then off to bed have a good day all ciao for now laters maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Gazza! Thats a good idea microwaving your credit cards!LOL a bit easier than what i did which was to cut a few of them into vey tiny pieces as i am now a bit paranoid what i put in my bin! after all these stories you hear about criminals going through your bins and a local dumps to get peoples details for identity theft!Trouble is i am naturally a very untidy clumsy disorganised person whose main talent in life according to my more house proud tidy hubby is leaving a mess where ever i go!and always tripping over and knocking things over!Even my superviser at work says i am like a tornado or whirlwind! as i always knocking things down with my bags when i go past displays!:eek: LOL,So of course when i cut up a few of my credit cards including my MBNA one i succeeded in getting lots of tiny bits of credit cards all over the place :eek:and for days afterwards my hubby was moaning about the untidy tiny bits of credit card he kept comeing across! :eek:I suppose i am like a female version of Frank Spencer! in some mother do have them!so like you every day im getting better and better! LOLSo next time if id better do your idea and microwave them,i hope you get a statement soon !

Hi Maz Goldlady and Huggy

Thanks for your kind words and moral support!I will try and not let my colleagues get to me when i go in to work today!i will be firm and say i do not wish to discuss my debts with them and the only help i need is coperation with trying to stop all this telephone harrasement at work. Thanks again for providing a listening ear and it does make me feel a bit better being able to have a rant on here!As you say i wonder if they were to be quite so judgemental if they found themselves affected by this credit crunch! All right i know i should not have used our credit cards so much and been tempted to buy things i shouldent have on it but when you have a husband who says he would rather have his tobbaco than his heart medication and keeps saying he does not think he will reach old age and hopes he will not and hates feeling ill all the time and life a bit bleak it is tempting to use cards to make life more bearable and buy things to cheer him and me up.I think we are being punished enough for using them with out being judged by my work mates!

Hello Sunflower,

You have made some lovely supportive friends on this site, who do understand what you are going thorough and will continue to support you with this until you have an acceptable outcome to this matter.:D

What has been decided regarding the ca they gave you

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Exactly the point Huggy. From a song that I can't remember who, the line 'freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose' has always struck a chord with me. If you have nothing then they can't take it away from you:D

hi goldlady the song is called --ME & BOBBY BY KRIS KRISTOFFERSON

Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose,

And nothin aint worth nothin but its free,

Feelin good was easy, lord, when bobby sang the blues,

And buddy, that was good enough for me,

Good enough for me and my bobby mcgee.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Hi Hellhasnofury! Thanks again for all your support! I will sent you a pm tonight when i get home from work:D

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

hiya SF

have found this on another thread im subscribed to - i think you could have them up for harrasement especially the work related calls and seek damages ref your reputation and distress that has been caused to you

talk laters ciao for now MAZ

• Haha 1

Hi Gazza! I had a nice weekend thanks !At least my hubby not comeing across bits of credit card strewn eveywhere! We have managed to clear it up so at least he has stopped telling me of about that! LOLI just received what capital one calls a CCA today! I think they are having a laugh!It is not a copy of the original signed agreement at all .Basically i received two letters and a seperate leaflet of what is their current terms and conditions!One of the lettesr is dated oct 08 and thanks me for requesting copy documents to your account! It goes on to say you requested copies of the executed credit agreement and a statement of your account under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974Then it says please find enclosed a copy of the the current terms and conditions of your agreement in compliance of section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974 and goes on to say my account in arrears etc.The next letter has no date on it and no signature from me and only a copy of marketing manager signature,It says in big letters Terms of your capital one credit card agreeement and again the letter is no way my original agreement! as It thanks me for my recent request and says please see overleaf for the current terms of my agreement with them! and on back of this letter is some of their recent terems and conditions .The top of my letter states my current credit limit which was not the one i had when i first opened account with them!They also enclosed a seperate leaflet with some more current terms and condtions!No way is it my original CCA !As i said i think they are having a laugh!I will have to start of a thread about it and copy letter to photobucket to get advice ! but no way is it a cca it is just current trems and conditions !:)

Edited by sunflower99

Hi Maz ! Thanks again for your freindship help and moral support! You have been very helpful and supportive and since getting to know you on forum i dont feel so alone and frightenend.Luckily the phone did not ring at work for me today so hopeing that pehaps they are getting deterred from harrasing me at work, i will be reading up on all those links you sent me! but am feeling very tired now and brain not functioning well at moment so I will turn in!with a nice hot drink and hotwater bottle I just received what capital one calls a cca! LOL and couldent really beleive what i was seeing and trying to get my head round it! which drained me a bit !As i just said to Gazza i think they are having a laugh!I feel to tired to mess round with photo bucket tonight but will start a link called Is Capital One Having a Laugh! and try and scan pic of letter on there when i am feeeling a bit more refreshed and less tired!Thanks again for everything i will pm you tommorow !Thanks again for your friendship and help!You have been brilliant!