Re: Distressing phone call from MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

im glad you had a fab day sunflower, that is great, we all need to still keep having a laugh on this journey of life.

emmaf01 - in your post no 104 you mention you have a site to check on who and when the postal order was cashed, would you let us know about that please, didnt even cross my mind about that, only the track and trace for the post office - much appreciated

have a fun sunday too, ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Maz! I hope you had a nice weekend too,Yes we did have a nice day out at animal park!I have just been looking at photos and video clips which my husband took!He took some good photos and clips and i think they came out very well.He got some good clips and pics of that goat jumping at me trying to snatch things off me!

i was a bit worried that MBNA have not acknoledged my CCA agreement yet and acting like they ignoring request as they still continue to send threatograms out without mentioning it but i suppose looking on bright side it may be a good sign that they have not got a valid CCA! IT Is not that i intend to stop paying them any money at all and like you i want to at some stage arrange some token payments that i can afford to them but ive heard that it may be best to wait to see if they come up with a valid CCA before paying themEven if they dont come up with a valid CCA i wiii try to pay them something as i did use their credit and their credit card put food in our stomachs and kept our car on the road and paid other expenses and things to help us cope with our grim lives but i dont like their behaviour and debt collection practices and the fact that they probably realised better than i did what a credit card trap i was getting into and must have realised that someone on my wage and with other debts and overdrafts which they must have seen if they did proprer credit reference checks must have realised i would eventually have problems.I know we should not have used their credit card and not accepted their steadily increasing credit but we were desperate and their offers were to tempting for us.If they had not kept tempting despearte poeple like us we would have sought help a lot earlier before our debts got so big.As other people say they like people to get into debt with them and rake in all thier money off them and they are one of the worse cards for credit card interest.Even the customer service woman at the Halifax where we were trying to get help looked worried when she saw I owned a MBNA credit card and had a lot on it warned me that MBNA interst rates were vey high and this remark was comeing from the Halifax who charge high interest rates which are not cheap so for her to say that about MBNA must mean they are sky high compared to other credit cards even so i reckon all those monthly payments i have made to MBNMA over the years have alread paid them back a huge chunk of the money i spent on their credit card!Trouble is me and my hubby have not got a clue about interest rates and things like that.We just beleived them when they give us all their sales pitch but now we know better,I want to be able to pay back MBNA and other credit cards some of the money but at a rate what we can afford and not what is going to leave us with nothing to live on.and no sort of life!i just wish i could find a second weekend job but i work fulltime monday to friday and i suppose a lot of employers would be put of employing me as i suppose when they hear i already do a full week they will probably think i will not be a reliable person to work for them as they will worry that i might get fed up with doing long hours! but i will try and pop into a few shops and see if i can at least find some christmas temp weekend work as lot of shops may want extra xmas staff,Though i dont have very high hopes of finding anything.Thanks again for all your moral support and advice.You make me feel better as do a lot of other people on forum,I dont feel quite so alone now!

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Everyone! I just received my CCA frpm MBNA I am not very good with computers and have not got a scaneer set up to work yet and this pc not behaving very well My husband is trying to set up scanner at weekend and we are keeping our fingers crossed it will work as we have not used it or had it connected to computer for very long time.However i got my husband to photograph the pages to give you an idea iof its layout and any obvious things wrong with it as me and hubby have no knowledge of CCAs and agreements,So here goes i am going to see if can transmit pics ok on following post of the pages ro see what you all think.

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi,

To get an opinion on the CCA you have received then you will need to post them up.

do you have an account here:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

If not, it's free to register and you can upload the photos from your PC.

Relax and give it a go.

PV :)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

SANY0480.jpg

The above pic was the front of agreement ! the next picin next post is a photograph of what was supposedly on the back of this form according to MBNA

doc1-1.jpg?t=1221773998

along with the photo of front of signed form and another photo of what was supposedly on back of this form they sent a few seperate sheets with terms and conditions on which i will attempt to put in next few posts.Thanks PossVox for showing me photo bucket and letting me know how to get these images posted on this forum.I am afraid they have not come out that good as i am not very experienced at copying things and have not got a scanner working at moment

Photobucket is a God send!

I think that someone with more experience of CCAs will be along soon now they can see the photos.

PV :)

• Haha 1

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

doc2.jpg

yes getting the hang of it! LOL

I like your mousemat by the way!

I am not 100% sure that this is a CCA but someone will be able to help you.

• Haha 1

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Hi Berrylover! Thanks for compliment about our mousemat!Yes i was dismayed today that i got a CCA from MBNA!Am just hopeing now that it is not a proper cca and that our experienced CCA friends can pull it to pieces!I am having a pretty horrible day! on top of this CCA i got a postcard from MBNAs bully boys RMA threating to pay me a visit tomorrow! anytime from 8am to 9pm!Not much notice ! as i only got postcard today.Luckily i have been warned about these bully tactic and that hopefully no one will call! but my husband going to keep all our doors locked and not answer door just in case! What a life!

th_doc3.jpg

You need to send RMA this:

Please be aware that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit a property without express permission: the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that we revoke license under English Common Law for any agents or representatives to visit this property and if an agent or representative should do so without prior written permission from us, then they and their company will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass.

99% sure they won't show but if you send the above then they MUST STAY AWAY...It's THE LAW!

PV :D

Edited by PossVox
typo

doc3.jpg?t=1221776909

It is not clear that the terms and conditions relate to your agreement. Is there any mention of credit limit, or that they will decide on one? I am edging towards unenforceable but cannot be certain.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Possvox! Thanks i will send them that letter! trouble is that they have been very crafty as i bet they made sure that letter arrived vey late! too late to send them a warning letter to stay away! As they calling tommorrow,It ridiculous they have given me no notice at all!They add on postcard that i can phone them to cancel visit if not conveinent so that i can speak to one of their friendly DCAs on phone!Still at least if i send that letter by weekend even if it to late for friday they know that thye will be breaking the law and giving me illegal harresment if they attempt this again!

They will not turn up, I have a file full of cards like that one. They say 'we will call' and it actually means telephone. I lived in fear of people turning up for a long time and would not answer the door or telephone for a long time - still dubious about the phone:eek:.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi Goldlady! yes i am afraid my hubby missed a bit of the left of front page of cca,There is my name and adress printed and a credit limit of £1500i s stated with a credit reference number,

Hi Goldlady Thanks for reassurance about RMA bully boys!I thought it was hopefully just a threat to frighten me as somebody did warn me that they love to put nasty postcards through the letter box but as it was my first time getting one was a lttle worried what to expect!

The front page looks like it has been cut off another piece of paper on that cca

Perhaps i am clutching at straws but the signed page is not attached to any of the other pages and it is just MBNA say so that the back copy and all the other pages are part of the original signed agreement

Well they would have a hard job proving that the t&cs were part of the agreement in court if that's the case. The bit with your signature on says very little.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Yes this cca does seem very bitty!A tiny part of the form is signed but the rest of it is other pages that could have just been bundled in with it!