How I beat Cabot and Hodsons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just because people who have been harassed and hounded, bullied and BS'd to pay without question doesn't mean they lose the right to question an alledged debt. The consumer is learning thanks to sites like this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David - well done - seems you now have their attention :D It'll be interesting to see what reply you get from Cabots.

Alamand - but the point of Davids posts were that he'd never had this loan and it wasn't his Debt - this was why he filed the Defence as in his earlier post.

• Haha 1

Thanks Elizabeth,

Maybe Alamand should start his own thread where I am sure people will be happy to assist in his particular case or clarify things he is not sure of.

My particular scenario is not entirely like others on here in that I never had a loan with the company they purported to be acting for.

Incidentally, with Willem's most recent letter, he enclosed a booklet telling me of my rights. (but not all of them - they missed out some important ones (on purpose?))

I shall allow them the 10 working days becuase I am a nice person!!, but then if no response is recieved, Mr Wellinghoff is going to get a letter from me and the complaint(s) will definately go off to the relevant organisations.

Regards,

David.

I can, later, as my scanner is not connected at the moment.

The most laughable one in there is that they say

"in the event that we make a mistake, or we could have done something better, we will do our best to put this right for you"

I think, what they were supposed to say was

"Our staff are untrained and do not know the law. As a result, we often cut corners, give misleading statements, fail to provide any information and have no idea if you are the right person, but if you point this out to us, we will continue to defend our position and try to squirm our way out of every situation that arises."

Dave,

"Our staff are untrained and do not know the law. As a result, we often cut corners, give misleading statements, fail to provide any information and have no idea if you are the right person, but if you point this out to us, we will continue to defend our position and try to squirm our way out of every situation that arises."

That applies to all DCAs doesn't it :razz:

The whole system is designed to fleece the people who can not be bothered to educate themselves. sad but true and there are so many people out there who just accept what they are told and dont question it. That is why the banks can charge 38 qiud if you go over drawn and that DCA lie like theres no tommorow, Because someones ignorance is propping up their massively perpertuated frad.

But the £38 charge is soon to be history! And the lying ****** debt collectors are being caught out by their lies. Soon the cretins will be signing on. Hopefully they won't have any outstanding loans and credit cards because if they default they will have to face the wrath of cabot & similar.

Can you believe it..... I am now going through the whole process again, but with Lowlife Financial.

I have sent them my final helpful letter today and lets see if they pass it to their litigation department!!!

I have never even had a Capital One card that they are chasing payment for.

Well, here goes again.

David,

Cabot & Lowlife pass on unenforcables to each other,I got the no longer chasing off Lowlife and then a few days later Cabot added 6.2% and without saying where the debt come from demanded payment.

They think they are really clever, thatwe don't know and will not realise, or we will give in and pay, or borrow more money to pay them.

Sorry but you can't get blood out of a stone. It's SB ed and nothing they can do say will make me pay them, or make it un SB ed

I looking forward to the day where they have to pay the OFT that £400 pound

Just turn the tides on the showers of *****... Charge them for each letter and costs whilst the liability of the debt is in dispute.

When final costs are sorted, send invoice. Once invoice is not paid send a reminder letter giving 14 days. Once 14 days have elapsed, submit a 'letter before action', after an additional 14 days have passed, call a debt collector and instruct them to collect!!

When it goes to court and if you have followed reasonable process in payment demands and reasonable costs (oh and of course, no evidence has been provided), I struggle to see how a court could not judge in your favour....

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Hey BB,

Just to clarify, I am NOT a qualified solicitor. I work as a lawyer, but never saw through the studies. Instead I went for experience behind a desk adn this has paid off for me.

I am just very interested in the law and learn by teaching myself what I need to know, when i need to know it.

Wellinghoff has only a few days left to respond, then he will feel full force of a CAG member. is his e-mail just wwellinghoff@crapbot do you know?

Regards,

David.

My apologies David.

Unfotunately, Cabot only had a very brief one letter dealing with me and a 'bog off I'm bankrupt' reply, nicely, of course ;) So I'm not able to advise on their e-mail addresses, but there are many Cabot fans here who would be more than happy to help :D

• Haha 1

It would seem so as my complaint was for this in addition to their incompetence. They paid the figure I suggested to them which makes my regret not putting a larger amount!

Oh well, I shouldn't complain

regards,

Seems fair enough...

So you've won against Cabot:)

Have you considered formally complaining / suing the Credit Reference Agency?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.