Disabled & Scared! Owe 20k to Halifax!**WON** DISCONTINUED AND WROTE OFF

HalifaxPickle!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My gut feeling is that you and your husband shouldn't have to be dealing with this at all.

This is my opinion as well sosumi.

HP, are you able to get that 0800 number blocked ?. xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest forgottenone

Hello, HP. Yes, BT offer 2 services - anonymous caller rejection and Choose to Refuse. In the old days, one was free, but now they charge for both.

Edited by forgottenone

Thanks!

I have just called BT and explained the situation and they have given me 2 months of the Choose To Refuse free. So that should give me enough time to sort out whats happening.

Have I done the right thing?

Thanks

HP

Guest forgottenone

Well, I think the important thing is your well being is protected. So, yes, you have done the right thing. And they've not respected that, so you are just protecting yourself. And you have the right to, particularly if it's harassment. Same position myself where it's aggravating already frustrated health problems. Can't change my number, though, cos of being broadband. May try BT myself now, see if I can wangle something free in that direction.

I think BT do a Choose To Refuse at £8 per quarter....I could do that????

at least you do have and still have a sense of humor HP lol

just write to the OFT and explain your illnes in detail and explain they are making you really ill with worry over the repeated harrassment phone calls and it does not need to be a long letter also TRADING STANDARDS A REPEAT LETTER OF THE SAME they are both listed on their webpage and accept e mails with your e mail also give them your required permission to use your name etc

i think you will find they in your case will act swiftly

good luck

patrickq1

HP,

Here is the link for the FOS. Financial Ombudsman Service

You can download a complaint form from there. There isnt really a template complaint.. You will need to fill in some personal details, then they ask you to give a brief outline of the complaint. When I made my complaint, I just said that the company had failed to provide me with a document I had requested and even though the account was now in dispute they were using high pressure tactics etc, etc. I then listed the dates of the letters I had sent, the replies/letters/telephone calls from the company. Send copies of the letters you have sent and received with the complaint form.

When FOS/TS reply to you, they will give you a reference number. I wrote to the CC Company and DCA telling them that I had made a complaint to the FOS and TS and said I would let them have the reference numbers as soon as I was given them and did just that. Silence ever since.

If you are also going to complain to Trading Standards, I suggest you go through Consumer Direct first. They will advise you whether to go via your local TS or the office that deals with the company you are complaining about.

Consumer Direct The telephone number is at the top of the home page.

I telephoned Consumer Direct first. I think you could possibly telephone FOS as well. Do make sure they are aware of your health problems.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

HP *hugs* to you and your family.

I and many others on CAG are outraged at the treatment you are recieving from these *****. Contact Trading Standards immediately. Mine came to see me at home 2 days after I called due to my disabilities and illnesses, and as soon as they got involved the DCAs backed off.

Would your husband or a close relative be prepared to contact the media? And/or would you contact the CEO of HBOS?

This HAS GOT TO STOP! They're making themselves out to be absolute monsters :-x

I received a letter from the CAB this evening (hand delivered)regarding Halifax. The lady whom is helping me has been given the details of the Customer Priority Team within Halifax and she would like my permission for them to ask them to re-consider writing off the debt considering my illnesses.

Is this good?

HP

Thank you very much.

I will draft a complaint in the morning as I am shattered tonight.

We have had 5 calls in total today-is this excessive?

Thanks again.

HP

OFT guilines back you on this:

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

This is why you should get TS (yours and theirs) involved ASAP via consumer direct:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Contact them in the morning or get someone to do it for you.

Good luck and best wishes.

I received a letter from the CAB this evening (hand delivered)regarding Halifax. The lady whom is helping me has been given the details of the Customer Priority Team within Halifax and she would like my permission for them to ask them to re-consider writing off the debt considering my illnesses.

Is this good?

HP

YES!

Now that's more like it!

You need someone else to act as your intermediary, and if this lady from the CAB can deal with the Halifax for you - and they're obviously keen to help - then IMO you should let her. You shouldn't have to be dealing with this - nor your husband or family. The CAB are obviously concerned enough to hand-deliver a letter to you - good! Well done that CAB lady! This is looking like good news at last - and about time too! :)

Hopefully, as the CAB know your situation fully, you shouldn't need to write any more letters.

- am so pleased for you. The last thing you need right now is the hassle you've been getting.

One proviso - get your hubby to check what's happening with CAB once you've given them your permission, but otherwise, hopefully, you can put this behind you and focus on the really important things - you and your family :) xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

that is good news and the department mentioned will seriously consider the facts but also the detremental effect it will have on the companies good name and a scandal like this would harm them in more ways than one as their losses could result in very heavy figures so i think it will be a write off and also you might be able to push your luck for some compo lol

patrickq1

HP, that is excellent news. Please keep us updated :)

BCOBS

How do I go about contacting the Financial Ombudsman?....what do I say etc? I am already being helped by the CAB but they are SO slow!

The number is an 0870 number....I think BT do a Choose To Refuse at £8 per quarter....I could do that????

HP

Choose to refuse only lets you stop ten phone numbers Blair Oliver Scott AKA HBOS have many more lines, so you will not block all calls.

If it is practical, ask BT for a new number.

I think it most unlikely that HBOS will turn up an enforceable agreement, they have not managed for me or my wife.

Edited by rippedoffagain

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday morning at 8.01 I had a call from BOS, so we ignored then put on choose to refuse and we have had no calls since. We have also asked BT to do the anoymous call reject, so no one can get through unless they have an open number, then we can choose to ignore or not.

Its made me feel a little more comfortable about the phone ringing and may help even just for the next 2 months whilst everything is being sorted etc.

Thank you again for all your great replies and lovely comments.

HP

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday morning at 8.01 I had a call from BOS, so we ignored then put on choose to refuse and we have had no calls since. We have also asked BT to do the anoymous call reject, so no one can get through unless they have an open number, then we can choose to ignore or not.

Its made me feel a little more comfortable about the phone ringing and may help even just for the next 2 months whilst everything is being sorted etc.

Thank you again for all your great replies and lovely comments.

HP

Brilliant, lets hope the plonkers give up and go away :)

BCOBS

Fingers crossed.

Having a little problem with Lloyds myself, I just refuse to confirm my details to the annoyance of the person at the other end of the line as they won't proceed. Letters just gone off to Brighton trading standards so fingers crossed that will put an end to these.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.