Disabled & Scared! Owe 20k to Halifax!**WON** DISCONTINUED AND WROTE OFF

HalifaxPickle!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okey dokey... when you first log in at the top of the page where you log in, you will see a small heading 'private messages. You should be registering 1 unread message. That is me sending you the copied letter without the blue background. You just have to open that message and copy and paste as you would normally,.

Give my regards to Mrs HP when you see her next. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you-got it okay.

She has asked me to send to the Care manager at Halifax-is this correct? Do I send a copy to the debt collectors aswell? Do I send by recorded delivery or 1st class?

Great. :)

Send to the Care Manager at Halifax by Recorded Delivery.

To the DCA, send a copy and mark it as such, perhaps add a note saying. Dear XXXX please find enclosed a copy of a letter I have sent to Care Manager at Halifax today.

This copy letter you just need to send by first class post. I would ask at the post office for a Proof of Posting. This is just a receipt for your letter and they will put the name and address of the person you have sent it to on the receipt. Keep it safe with the Recorded delivery slip for the Halifax. It wont give you a proof of delivery, but it will prove that you HAVE sent it. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am pleased I could help. :)

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

Morning!

Just to say that I have had no more phone calls or letters from BOS. I did receive a letter from Halifax saying that they had not received the letter from my GP. I did send by RD but have checked and it wasnt signed for, so will send another one today. Should I just use their pre-paid envelope and state that I have previously sent one?

Thanks

HP

Good morning :)

If you can afford it, send it in their prepaid envelope but use special delivery which is guaranteed next day delivery.

By using the prepaid envelope the post office should knock of the price of a first class stamp :D

BCOBS

Thanks for that. Will get OH to send in the morning.

Have just had a text message on my home number to call -01903-704308. I have googled and has come up with Gothia Debt Collection Agency. They have asked me to call them with a ref number which they sent in the message.

I dont know of this company....can anyone tell me who they work for or what debt they normally take on?

Should I call them or will they write?

Thanks

HP

Thanks for that. Will get OH to send in the morning.

Have just had a text message on my home number to call -01903-704308. I have googled and has come up with Gothia Debt Collection Agency. They have asked me to call them with a ref number which they sent in the message.

I dont know of this company....can anyone tell me who they work for or what debt they normally take on?

Should I call them or will they write?

Thanks

HP

Hmmm, dont know them. Will do a google and get back to you on that. DO NOT phone them. :D

LOL, BabyBear got there first:D

BCOBS

DO NOT CALL THEM, wait for them to write and them send them this excellent letter by CB. You will have to amend it slightly:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

As far as I know - the worst that can happen is that if you refuse to pay - they will take you to court for the money and ask the judge to enforce payment - meaning that your assetts would be seized - but let's face it - no judge is going to enforce payment from someone in your situation. You will offer a fiver a month and that will be accepted. Don't worry!

Morning!

I have this morning received another letter from Halifax in reply to the letter I sent about the CCA not being enforceable.

Firstly the apologise for any additional distress or inconvieance I may have experianced in reaching a positive resolution to my complaint:confused: and they are sorry to hear that I still remain dissatisfied with their service. They received my letter on the 24th June 2008 and this letter is dated the 12th July 2008.

They have stated that they have sent a true copy of the signed agreement along with the T&C's and this validates the debt I owe them. It also states that it is evident that since signing for the card that spending has indeed taken place to which I have counteracted with repayments of the amount borrowed. On these grounds I have accepted responsibility of the debt and are therfore liable for any remianing balances. Also the bank is obliged to follow procedure in relation to outstanding arrears on my account.

They confirm the debt has been passed to BOS on 12th May 2008 and the last payment on the account was 28th March 2008. I have to contact Blair, Oliver & Scott on 0870 2405138 to agree an affordable payment term.

They apologise that I have found the need to complain and hope that this letter clarifies the issues I raised with my last letter.

What do I do now???? I am tempted to just contact BOS and arrange a low monthly payment as I just dont have the energy to keep doing this. It is my debt afterall and am willing to pay it, its just that I cant afford much each month.

We are going away for a few days next week and have my last round of chemo on my return. I am just worrying constantly and am sure its making my health worse.

What should I do next?

Thanks and sorry to keep burdening you lot with this.

HP

I suggest you write to BOS with your proposals. With your letter I would also send a cheque for the amount you propose as an indication of your intent, stating in your letter that you have included a cheque for the first month's payment. It's then difficult for them to refuse it.

Do NOT telephone them - especially on a premium rate number.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

If you offer them anything at this stage make sure you include in your letter that you're paying under duress to relieve the stress and anxiety they're causing you. You should also question them as to why gothia have contacted you, and not BOS as they said they were passing to them :confused:

Hiya HP,

I am sorry to hear that Halifax have continued to give you such a hard time.

Throughout this dispute with the Halifax you have never denied you owe the money and their treatment of you is just too disgusting for words.

As BB has suggested, if you are finding the stress is detrimental to your health then make Halifax aware of this.

You know how much you can afford. If this were me in your position I would write a letter along the lines of. Jiggle it about so you are happy with it.

"Dear Sirs,

It has never been my intention to avoid paying a debt I legitimately owe. I requested a copy of agreement to which I am entitled to do, but rather than provide this, Halifax has proceeded to use agents in the form of BOS to bully and intimidate.

If my circumstances were different, I would be inclined to take this further. However, Halifax are well aware of my health, this has been confirmed to you both by the Citizens Advice Bureau and my GP.

Your recent standard template type letter confirms to me that you are not prepared to treat me as a human being and I no longer have the energy or the will to waste what precioius time I have fighting you.

Please note I will not under any circumstances phone your agents, be they BOS or Gothia. I require all correspondence betwen us to be in writing, that way I can prove in the event of any legal action by you or your agents, my attempts to bring this matter to closure.

I enclose my I&E and a cheque/postal order for the amount that I can afford. This amount will be sent each month. Please be good enough to advise in writing to whom this is to be sent in future.

Yours...

Edited by citizenB
missed a bit out. :)

BCOBS