• Tweets

• no DCA is a bailiff end of neither do they have any legal powers whatsoever. i would write to everyone simply giving your current abroad address , inc proof of residency. that will stop all threats going to anywhere else.  
    • Thanks for your prompt reply. I have some questions, please: When you say nothing will happen, my 80 year-old mother is worried about potential DCA doorsteppers if/when the debts are sold on - she is a very sweet, quite vulnerable lady and she is worried she may be bullied and harrassed.  If they do come knocking, what should she say?  I told her to say she knows nothing about any of it and they have no right to come knocking on her door and to warn them police will be informed if they come back.  Problem is, I don't think she would be strong enough and can easily be bullied into saying more than she intended once the door has been answered. Next questions: 1)  Should I inform all my lenders that I have moved abroad before defaulting (to avoid the quirky English law loophole thingy that could end up in a CCJ or worse once a DCA gets hold of it)?  2)  Can/should I provide an alternative UK correspondence address to my lenders instead of my mother's home address e.g. my virtual office address for my business - would the lenders accept this as I live abroad now and don't live at my mother's address?  Can I just write and tell them, without any further ado and not get into any further questions about it and cease further correspondence with them and default?  And would this stop DCAs coming to my mother's house as it would not be my current residential address on the lenders files when passed to the DCA?  Do they doorstep previous addresses? 3)  If I don't provide a UK correspondence address will I be at risk of not being aware of any Letters of Claim etc and legal proceedings notices etc not reaching me (there's no reliable postal system in the developing country I've moved to).  Worried this would mean I could end up being taken to court without being aware of it and could end up in a worse situation. 2) What exactly will go on my credit file once I've defaulted, assuming no legal action is taken against me?    4) Should I contact any of my lenders and inform them I have zero assets.  TSB & Sainsburys already have I&E info from me which shows my income  @ £1200/mth is below the combined total of my debt repayments @ £1300/mth and that my income only just covers essential costs of living @ £1200/mth.  Could it be useful to be on my file that I have no assets, so that the DCA clearly see this when the debt is passed to them? Thanks again for any advice.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • paypal, but i would like to know if anyone knows if there is a certain time limit they have to refund you? thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Disabled & Scared! Owe 20k to Halifax!**WON** DISCONTINUED AND WROTE OFF

HalifaxPickle!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Halifax Pickle,

Right ... had good read of your thread....

Regarding Halifax...

In the "Account in Dispute" letter you sent them did you actually write anywhere "Formal Complaint"?

On receipt of your letter did Halifax send you a letter confirming your complaint was being investigated by BLAH BLAH BLAH ...... and enclosing their Complaints Procedure ...... It should list out the exact format they follow.

You are obviously unhappy with their first response (and so you should be) .....

Now follow their guidelines regarding "still unhappy after our initial response" ... (they will word it something like that).

I know this all takes time but it will be in your favour in the long term .... because it will show you have followed procedure and done all the correct things ..... if you are still not happy after eight weeks from first complaining you send complaint to FOS who then become involved.

To BOS ..... Send the letter babybear39 advises above.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Halifax Pickle,

Right ... had good read of your thread....

Regarding Halifax...

In the "Account in Dispute" letter you sent them did you actually write anywhere "Formal Complaint"?

On receipt of your letter did Halifax send you a letter confirming your complaint was being investigated by BLAH BLAH BLAH ...... and enclosing their Complaints Procedure ...... It should list out the exact format they follow.

You are obviously unhappy with their first response (and so you should be) .....

Now follow their guidelines regarding "still unhappy after our initial response" ... (they will word it something like that).

I know this all takes time but it will be in your favour in the long term .... because it will show you have followed procedure and done all the correct things ..... if you are still not happy after eight weeks from first complaining you send complaint to FOS who then become involved.

To BOS ..... Send the letter babybear39 advises above.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Thanks for the reply.

I did state Formal Complaint in the reply to BOS but I dont think to Halifax, but it was Halifax who replied stating that they are sorry that I had felt the need to make a complaint etc:confused:

Halifax replied with their complaints leaflet and what the proper procedures are, I then sent a letter which someone advised me to do then they replied with the letter I spoke about a couple of posts back.

Is there a template for another letter to Halifax to state that I am still not happy with the result the have given, giving why I feel the CCA is uneforceable and if so what wording should I use? I am rubbish at anything like that.

....and do I send the letter that Babybear suggested to BOS as well and pop a copy in with a letter to the Halifax?

Thanks

HP

x

Send the letter i posted earlier to BOS and pop a copy in with this to halifax:

Formal Complaint

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to my previous letters, I wish to draw you attention to your company's lack of compliance with my legal request.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8.

You have failed to comply with request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.

As you may not be aware , failure to comply with this request within 12 working days renders the alleged debt UNENFORCEABLE at law.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a compliant credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* may not pass the account to a third party.

* may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* may not issue a default notice related to the account.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines, the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I await your rapid response.

More help needed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My case worker has just called within Halifax regarding my Overdraft as I was moved to the Cutomer Priority Team as I have a terminal illness. I spent out on a letter from my GP just 3 weeks ago!!

Now she has just told me that they can NO longer help me as my debt has been passed to Blair, Oliver & Scott and Halfax no longer own the debt. She stated that she would be passing her files to them which proves that I am terminally ill and they will start calling/writing to me. She gave me their number to call them to set up an agreement to pay.

I know I have to pay this but I cant believe the Halifax have done this to me. I am in tears and fed up with it all.

*hugs* HP...

I cannot say what I feel about the way in which you are being treated or I'll get cagbotted :(

Halifax have just proved themselves to be heartless monsters. BOS are part of the same company, so she's talking BS :-x

Still send out the letters I've given you as you have nothing in writing from halifax yet ;)

Edited by babybear39
spelling

babybear beat me to it ......:lol:

I can not believe the way you are being treated by Halifax.

Again you are being mislead!!:-x

The letter babybear says send to Halifax shows one hundred per cent now that it is a Formal Complaint.

I am in the middle of seven formal complaints ...... you would not believe the mis leading rubbish that I am being told.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Is this letter OK for Halifax regarding the complaint???

My address

HBOS Plc/FAO: Mr J S Mann

PO Box 607

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2UJ

31st July 2008

Dear Mr J S Mann

Account Number:

Complaint reference:

Formal Complaint

Dear Mr J S Mann

With reference to my previous letters, I wish to draw you attention to your company's lack of compliance with my legal request.

On 22nd April 2008 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8.

You have failed to comply with request, and as such the account entered default on the 12th May 2008.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.

As you may not be aware , failure to comply with this request within 12 working days renders the alleged debt UNENFORCEABLE at law.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a compliant credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* may not pass the account to a third party.

* may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* may not issue a default notice related to the account.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines, the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Please also find enclosed a copy of a letter I sent to Blair, Oliver, Scott today as they are committing an offense by chasing a debt that is in dispute and unenforceable.

I have been advised to contact my local MP and ask if he can assist me with dealing with your incompetence as I am quickly running out of energy and my health/disabilities are being made worse by your constant disregard of blatantly ignoring my requests for what I have asked for which has always been stated clearly.

Please also note again that I have a TERMINAL ILLNESS and have provided evidence of this in way of a letter from my GP. I can also provide proof that I require a full-time carer, I receive care from my local council and my home has been adapted for my wheelchair use and high demanded care needs.

I await your rapid response.

Yours sincerely

Mrs

I have added a couple of extra bits but dont know if they are suitable or worded correctly???

Thanks and sorry to be a nuisance.

HP

Great letter HP :) You're not being a niusance at all, it's what we're here for.

Send a copy of it with a letter to your MP.

Thanks Babybear....I really appreciate all your help and advice. You have made me feel better and I dont feel sick so much now:D

Can you advise what to say in the letter to my MP, as my brain is now hurting.

Thanks

I can only reiterate what BB and chalkit up have advised . I too cannot believe the stance Halifax have taken. {{{Hugs}}}}}

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The CAB sometimes in special circumstances send an outreach worker to people who cant get to them, also ask to get an appointment with a debt caseworker who can do all of the negotiation for you.

If they do pass the debt on to a DCA, dont deal with them on the phone, send them a CCA req and as you are on benefits and terminally ill (so sorry) offer them £1 per month and NO MORE, when the DCA scumbags realise that they 'aint' going to make a lot of money out of you they will lose interest and either pass it on to the OC or another DCA.

Go to the 'whatchdog' website and tell 'em about this situation they would be good to get on board.

The CAB sometimes in special circumstances send an outreach worker to people who cant get to them, also ask to get an appointment with a debt caseworker who can do all of the negotiation for you.

If they do pass the debt on to a DCA, dont deal with them on the phone, send them a CCA req and as you are on benefits and terminally ill (so sorry) offer them £1 per month and NO MORE, when the DCA scumbags realise that they 'aint' going to make a lot of money out of you they will lose interest and either pass it on to the OC or another DCA.

Go to the 'whatchdog' website and tell 'em about this situation they would be good to get on board.

I have CCA'd on the Credit card but dont think I can with the Overdraft????

Do I offer £1.00pm on the OD?

Thanks

HP

Morning Again!

I have just received another letter from BOS stating that they are now collecting the £1550 outstanding on the overdraft and they want the full amount or to call them and set up a regular payment.

Can someone help me with a letter offering them £1.00 pm including that I am terminlly ill? I really dont have any energy today.

Thanks HP

Does this seem ok?

My Address

Blair, Oliver and Scott Ltd

P.O. Box 66

Rosyth

Fife

KY11 2WG

31st July 2008

Client: Halifax

Account Number:

BOS Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your request for payment on the above account number with the outstanding balance of £1549.81.

I was told yesterday by my Priority Team worker Ann Campbell that she was going to pass her file on to you. I am terminally ill and she will provide you with proof from my GP.

I don’t understand why I have been moved to Blair, Oliver & Scott as I was only moved to the Customer Priority Team at the end of June 2008. I was given 21 days to provide a letter from my GP stating that I am ill/disabled which I did.

I have a full-time carer whom lives with me 24/7. I have a disabled adapted home and also receive care from my local council, which I can all fully prove if you require. As stated before though, I have sent all this evidence to Ann Campbell of the Priority Team and has been accepted by them that this accurate.

My disabilities and illnesses mean that I have no energy, in constant severe pain, am doubly incontinent and have mental health problems. I am also receiving chemo at the moment. I am fully dependant on other people to receive help and care with all daily duties which include, bathing, going to the toilet, cooking meals, taking me to hospital, getting me dressed etc-most things that people take for granted.

I am unable to talk on the phone so would ask that you contact me through writing only as I am not capable of talking on the phone. I am also a wheelchair user.

Because of my health I am no longer working and rely on state benefits to live. Being disabled I have more costs than an average person.

I don’t have much excess money left at the end of the month, but as I know I owe this money, I can offer to pay £1.00 per month. I understand that this doesn’t sound much, but to me it’s a lot.

Please contact me via letter ASAP to accept this offer. Please accept the enclosed cheque for £1.00 to cover this months payment.

Yours sincerely

Mrs

Any wording problems?.....sorry its such a personal letter and I will delete later if it needs to be.

Thanks HP

The letter looks great but make sure you include in it that you are paying under extreme duress due to the nature of the way in which you are being treated. Also continue with the complaints to everyone including halifax, BOS and your MP.

*hugs*

HalifaxPickle, I have read through your thread and I am in total disbelief at the way you have been treated by the Halifax. They ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I truly hope you manage to get it sorted out soon, big hugs

Take care, Mrs Z :)

Hello HP!

I'd strongly advise leaving this bit out of your letter...

...but as I know I owe this money...

Best policy is to never admit a Debt if you can, as someone down the line may use that against you.

By all means be polite to them, but you don't want to hand them anything they don't need!

Cheers,

BRW

Hello HalifaxPickle,

Question for you.....

The balance of £15XX.XX quoted by BOS in their letter today ...... are they still adding interest and fees monthly as they were in April?

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup