Disabled & Scared! Owe 20k to Halifax!**WON** DISCONTINUED AND WROTE OFF

HalifaxPickle!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello HalifaxPickle

i just wanted to say hi

i am very sorry to hear that the halifax are being their usual self, but like multay says you must concentrate on yourself

i dont think they would take you to court, just continue paying your 1.00 and see what happens, and i would personally come with you to court should that happen and im sure a lot of others would, we would be your defense, so dont worry okay

that alone would prompt a national paper to come along and get the scoop, lol

seriously though none of us,im sure would want you to worry anymore, you have done the best under the circumstances and i just wish i could do something more for you, only support and a hi at the moment

god bless and take care of yourself and your family, my thoughts are with you ciao for now laters MAZ:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello HalifaxPickle

i just wanted to say hi

i am very sorry to hear that the halifax are being their usual self, but like multay says you must concentrate on yourself

i dont think they would take you to court, just continue paying your 1.00 and see what happens, and i would personally come with you to court should that happen and im sure a lot of others would, we would be your defense, so dont worry okay

that alone would prompt a national paper to come along and get the scoop, lol

seriously though none of us,im sure would want you to worry anymore, you have done the best under the circumstances and i just wish i could do something more for you, only support and a hi at the moment

god bless and take care of yourself and your family, my thoughts are with you ciao for now laters MAZ:)

That is really kind of you and if it goes to court then I may take you up on it. I am a natural worrier, but this is unfair.

I have been away at friends last night and have had a great time.

We came back and I had 5 missed calls from Equidebt...is this normal? They left a ref number but not sure if its to do with this debt. I am sure I have nothing else outstanding. It was a Phil and asked me to call them.

On Monday and I am going to do a letter from Halifax and ask again for them to write off my debt and include confirmation of my illnesses.

Thanks everyone. I will try not to panic too much.

HP

Hello Again!

I have done 2 letters for Halifax to ask them to write off both debts (totallng around 19k) I have included a letter from my GP stating my health will not improve and that I require full-time care etc etc and a copy of my Income & Expenses. I have £1.35 a week available that they can have if they want it.

Who should I send them too and to what address?

Should I send it to the same person that replied to my complaint letter?

I have also stated in the letter about the constant threating letters and calls and that I am forwarding a copy of this letter to my local MP....is that ok to do?

HPx

That sounds pretty good to me HP. Yes, I think the person who responded to your complaint letter would be the body to send these to. Only send a copy (not the original ) of your GP's letter. Just in case you need to copy it again. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That sounds pretty good to me HP. Yes, I think the person who responded to your complaint letter would be the body to send these to. Only send a copy (not the original ) of your GP's letter. Just in case you need to copy it again. :)

Thanks for the reply.

I have only sent copies of the GP letter, so sorted there. I have also sent a letter to the CAB today explaining how I am still being harrassed to the lady who helped me last time. I have asked for her to contact both Robinson Way and BOS on my behalf stating again that I am terminally ill. Hope thats ok, but thought I should let her know how they have been treating me.

HP

That is an excellent move to re-involve the CAB, HP. The more people you have fighting your corner the better IMHO. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Everytime I read your thread it brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat. I cannot believe the inhuman way these monsters are treating you. Yet you're being so brave *hugs* from me to you and your family for getting through this with dignity. I pray that HBOS will finally see sense and leave you alone to spend your precious time with your family.

Everytime I read your thread it brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat. I cannot believe the inhuman way these monsters are treating you. Yet you're being so brave *hugs* from me to you and your family for getting through this with dignity. I pray that HBOS will finally see sense and leave you alone to spend your precious time with your family.

I second this statement. :)

BCOBS

I second this statement. :)

I agree 100%!!!:)

Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1

Babybear-I'm fine...please dont worry about me.

I find out on Friday if I'm to have a major operation and my husband broke down last night. He wants to take my pain away and he cant but I dont know what to say to him. We've been together since we were 13.

I dont want him to be stuck with all this if one day Im not here.

Sorry, Im feeling a little low this evening.

HP

I have just spent the last couple of hours going threw this thread and i am discusted with it.

I would be on the phone to anyone and everyone that would listen and make sure they get as much bad press as possible.

Maybe you should give your MP a kick to get them moving or even write to the opersition about it as with all the current govermental arguements they wont like that.

good luck with all this and i hope for a decent out come for you soon .

GM.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Just wanted to say one thing tho.

U have said u dont want him stuck with this if one day u are not here. The good news for you is he wont be these debts are in your name oly which means you are the only person responsible and they cant go after him for the money.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

U have said u dont want him stuck with this if one day u are not here. The good news for you is he wont be these debts are in your name oly which means you are the only person responsible and they cant go after him for the money.

I'm very glad about that. Thanks for letting me know.

• Haha 1

YW.

you could always have a laugh with these debts. If you are planning on making a will you could always leave them to HBOS just as a thank youfor the lovely way they have treat you. Sorry if this seems inappropriate but i am just trying to make you smile or even laugh ATM as i think you might need it.

GM

• Haha 1

YW.

you could always have a laugh with these debts. If you are planning on making a will you could always leave them to HBOS just as a thank youfor the lovely way they have treat you. Sorry if this seems inappropriate but i am just trying to make you smile or even laugh ATM as i think you might need it.

GM

Fab Idea GM...They might even get hit with inheretence tax...:D

All the best HP...Please don't worry so much, they really can't hurt you...Honestly...I'm happy that you're not alone and you have hubby there with you...

Just be strong and ignore them, they are not part of your life nor are they invited or welcome...Treat them as they should be treated...Like a great big fart in a space suit...:grin:

Laters chick...;)

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Hello,

The GodMother is correct but remember the following ...... (from CCCS).......

Any debts become the liability of your estate. If there were sufficient assets in your estate to settle your debts then this would be done by the executors. Creditors may sometimes attempt to claim payment from a partner or relative of the deceased, particularly if they lived with them, but if the estate cannot settle the debts, partners or relatives are not obliged to do so.

There are several possible exceptions to this rule:

1. Debts for which someone had joint and several liability with the deceased.

1. A mortgage remains on a property even if this passes to a new owner by inheritance (although it may be paid off by an insurance policy at death).

1. Taking over tenancy from the deceased by succession, which may involve taking over rent arrears if these cannot be paid by the estate. A tenant by succession can lose their home if the arrears are not paid.

1. For married couples, there is joint liability for council tax. In the event of a spouses death, the surviving partner remains liable for any arrears.

It is always worth checking to see if there is payment protection or other insurance in place to clear the debts on death.

I would now just log every letter you receive and wait for their next move ....

Best wishes to you HalifaxPickle.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

yes but i am assuming there will be no estate.

Remember HP is on benefits and ppl on benefits dont normally have any assets. Not saying you dont HP just going by the norm.

So the fact that these debts are soley in HPs name then no estate not debt.

I did notice tho when i looked at the CC agreemnt they sent you that the insurance box was crossed. As CIU has said u may want to look into this as this may be payable on termainal/ server illness whcih means u wont be able to work again. That way as you have it for the CC it might just pay of the CC in full.

Just an idea.

CIU if u was to look at nuthatchs post u would see that she has been advised that as the debts were only is hubbys name he is only responsible for them as there was no estate so no money to pay the debts off.

Hello GodMother,

Hope all good with you ......

Thanks for the Nuthatch thread link .... Yes that is what CCCS say .... "If there were sufficient assets in your estate to settle your debts then this would be done by the executors". .... in Nuthatch case .... no money so nothing to pay debts off.

I help quite a few people and they are on benefits and still have assets ... you can have money in the bank up to a certain amount plus insurances etc ...... I was just trying to advise HalifaxPickle to take care if this applies to her as debts can be paid from an estate BUT if the estate cannot settle the debts then partners or relatives are not obliged to do so....... So forward planning always advisable !!!!!

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

yes i know i know a lot of ppl on benefits and they have no assests as they are stuglling to afford to pay there bills let alone save.

Also i know the goverment a few years ago recognised that ppl on low income may not have the abilities to save due to the low amount of money they are on.

It may be an idea to have a plan and sort a few things out now rather than later. as later may be to late especially with the way things are going in the stock market ATM. Also my other piece of advise is if you have savings in more than one bank then what you should do is move it all to one as the goverment protects up to £35k of savings so having low amounts in one account wont make u protected.

hope i have helped

GM

Hello Again

No I dont have any assets and I cancelled the insurance with Halifax a while ago now as I thought I would never need it...typical.

I havent hear a peep from anyone since the last time I came on here, so we will see what the post brings this week.

I have received 2 debt letters from Equidebt, both for around £167 but in my name with Dr as a title and the other is in my daughters name and she is still at school. They are both for NEXT accounts. I did have a Next account but closed it ages ago with a clear balance.

What should I do as they are calling all the time and now the letters. I have drafted a CCA letter and explained that my daughter is a young teen so dont understand why she has been sent a bill/debt letter.

Is that suitable? I have enclosed the £1.00 each nominal CCA fee.

Thanks HP x

Sheesh, this is unbelievable. What are these clowns up to ?. I am not sure that you need to send for a CCA on these, perhaps a prove it letter would suffice inasmuch as they appear to have got all the details incorrect. I will try and find you something. :)

BCOBS

Here's Curlyben's 'prove it' letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

:D Thanks babybear, that's the one.

BCOBS