Royal Mail lost 2 out of 3 cca letters signed and recorded

microbar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a DCA refuse to sign, after all it might contain a payment?

The most likely explanation is that due to the sheer amount of mail that these organisations receive on a daily basis, the Recorded Delivery item has been inadvertently delivered in a sack with the normal mail.

Recorded Delivery items should be seperated at the point of delivery, but when there are large numbers of items delivered to a certain place, some items do slip through the net.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The most likely explanation is that due to the sheer amount of mail that these organisations receive on a daily basis, the Recorded Delivery item has been inadvertently delivered in a sack with the normal mail.

Recorded Delivery items should be seperated at the point of delivery, but when there are large numbers of items delivered to a certain place, some items do slip through the net.

Whilst I largely agree with Barracad's explanation, being a delivery driver myself, I come into direct contact with Royal Mail delivery staff and Postmen/women...

And the fact is that a PO Box can quite literally mean just that... A box at the bottom of a block of flats, with a grey postal sack and a signature book left out on an honesty basis!!!

I'll take pictures on Wednesday of what I mean and post them... But as stated above, I am being quite literal!!

Bit of an advert for Guaranteed Delivery...!

Regards, Dave.

Just phoned the number on Recorded (signed for) receipt, and it's just said 'busy time of year' and then:

"Please note, Recorded Signed For is not a trackable service."

So there you go. Bleeping cheek.:mad:

PS the Tel. no is: 08459 272100 (on back of receipt)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

should really be a case for the advertising standards agencey as WE ALL BELEIVE RECORDED DELIVERY MEANS IT WILL FET THEIR AND BE SIGNED FOR"in reallity this is not happening

patrickq1

It's not in any way advertised as a guaranteed service, therefore you aren't being led into any illusion of what the service is, except by your own assumptions

It's not in any way advertised as a guaranteed service, therefore you aren't being led into any illusion of what the service is, except by your own assumptions

Just here funhat:

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content3?mediaId=51200697&catId=500201

Recorded Signed For™

Overview

Details

Prices

How to buy

FAQs

Get extra reassurance that your important item has been delivered.

Peace of mind - Track your package online

If you have important documents or letters to send, use our online Track & Trace facility to confirm delivery of your item. Electronic Proof of Delivery (ePOD) will provide you with a copy of the signature of the person who signed for the item.

Fast delivery

We aim to deliver your First Class Recorded item the next working day, or within three days if you use Second Class. For guaranteed next day delivery or for valuable items (e.g. cash, jewellery, tickets & vouchers), please use Special Delivery™ 9.00am or Special Delivery™ Next Day

Excellent value

Excellent value You just pay for Recorded Signed For™ plus the cost of First or Second Class postage. See prices

Easy to use

Just ask for Recorded Signed For™ at the Post Office® when you buy your First or Second Class postage. Account customers can order labels in advance and we will collect from your office along with the rest of your mail.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

The difference is, "Special Delivery" is mandated in the Postal Services Act. Recorded Delivery is not. All involved Post Office resources therefore are under Pain of Death to ensure the delivery of Special Delivery Items; whereas there is actually very little pressure on staff to ensure a signature for Recorded items. The Post Office's services are NOT PROVIDED UNDER A CONTRACT WITH THE SENDER!!! They are provided under the Postal Services Act and therefore any attempt to hold the Post Office to a contract they entered into with you to provide a service WOULD FAIL.

I totally agree with sosumi - I sent a recorded delivery letter last week and the address was only 4 miles from where I live - I asked the person behind the window if it would get to the address that I was sending it to by the next day as it was going 1st class recorded, I was told that there was a 90% chance of it getting there the next day. No wonder the royal mail has the money for their fancy TV adds, what cons there are:mad:

Just to update on my original post,

There is still 2 out of 3 letters that are still Untrackable.

These were posted on the 2nd jan,

When i contacted Cs by telephone

They said my letters must have gone astray

But why dont I send them again.

I told them to stick there service were the sun dont shine.

Royal Mail Are really the pits.

Is there another service I can use other than Royal Mail

They should Rename Royal Mail

To Black Mail. :mad:

I'm guessing my unconfirmed letter was received based on the info in posts above, if I get anything from the creditor which suggests it was not, I will send it again by Special Delivery, in future anything I need to be sure about is going by SD - I don't need any more stress!

Zazen

What will you be claiming compensation for? A letter has no value - you'll be lucky to get some first class stamps.

CPR doesn't require the use of Recorded or even Special Delivery, otherwise the Courts would use this service instead - and put their fees up!

Send the letter first class post, getting a proof of postage certificate, (which is free!) from the PO Counter then sit back and relax as 2 days later your letter is deemed received even if it isn't. (And, where it isn't, it should come back to you as you have your return address on the back, right?)

Recorded delivery is a rip-off, IMHO. Special Delivery should only be used where necessary, (such as where you have 1 day left to comply with a Court Order :eek: ) otherwise just use a first class stamp...

Others may disagree with me, but this subject gets too much forum time in my opinion - yet we're still using Recorded delivery! I bet Royal Mail would reconsider the service if everyone stopped using it! (Much more likely than just submitting loads of complaint/compo forms, which they probably expect anyway)

I now routinely track and trace all my recorded delivery letters, then claim for all those that are "lost / missing / etc." From my experience they can not account for around 1 in 4 of Recorded letters.

When you submit a claim form they eventually tell you they can not find the letter or confirm delivery and sent you a book of 12 first class stamps in compensation. I have had around 20 so far. Maybe if all users of recorded delivery did this they might sort themselves out!

What will you be claiming compensation for? A letter has no value - you'll be lucky to get some first class stamps.

CPR doesn't require the use of Recorded or even Special Delivery, otherwise the Courts would use this service instead - and put their fees up!

Send the letter first class post, getting a proof of postage certificate, (which is free!) from the PO Counter then sit back and relax as 2 days later your letter is deemed received even if it isn't. (And, where it isn't, it should come back to you as you have your return address on the back, right?)

Recorded delivery is a rip-off, IMHO. Special Delivery should only be used where necessary, (such as where you have 1 day left to comply with a Court Order :eek: ) otherwise just use a first class stamp...

Others may disagree with me, but this subject gets too much forum time in my opinion - yet we're still using Recorded delivery! I bet Royal Mail would reconsider the service if everyone stopped using it! (Much more likely than just submitting loads of complaint/compo forms, which they probably expect anyway)

You are wrong IE what are you claiming compensation for anyway.

2 out of 3 of my signed for recorded cca requests were not delivered.

So there are 2 £1 postal orders plus on 45p each postal order

Plus £1.40 for each recorded signed for letter in total around £5.70

on 2 letters maybe you can afford to loss this car2403

But I certainly cannot.

But I certainly cannot.

I've never claimed compensation, but I didn't state that I had - interesting, as that could be a nice money maker, couldn't it? ;)

The important thing for me would be getting your letter delivered, wouldn't it? So they need to be sent again, which is further delay.

But I certainly cannot.

If you made a complaint/claim, then RM would check to see if the Postal Orders had been cashed. If they had, then you know the item has been delivered, so they will refund the Recorded Delivery fee as no signature was taken. As this is only 70p, then they would just send a book of stamps instead of writing a cheque for this amount.

If the Postal Orders had not been cashed then you would get the full postage back, plus a refund for your Postal Orders.

There would be no additional compensation available above this, which I think is the point car was trying to make.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If you made a complaint/claim, then RM would check to see if the Postal Orders had been cashed. If they had, then you know the item has been delivered, so they will refund the Recorded Delivery fee as no signature was taken. As this is only 70p, then they would just send a book of stamps instead of writing a cheque for this amount.

If the Postal Orders had not been cashed then you would get the full postage back, plus a refund for your Postal Orders.

There would be no additional compensation available above this, which I think is the point car was trying to make.

Sorry you are also wrong barracad

If The postal Orders have Been Cashed It does NOT mean The letter has been delivered, They might have been Lifted by one of the many Dishonest Royal Mail Employers The Royal Mail Is nothing but a big JOKE.

How Can they loss 2 out of 3 signed for recorded letters.

Does anyone know how I can check if a postal order has been cashed :confused:

As I have said previously even if you find the postal order has been cashed.that does not guarantee your letter was delivered,

Maybe lifted by one of the many dishonest royal mail workers.:mad:

Sorry you are also wrong barracad

If The postal Orders have Been Cashed It does NOT mean The letter has been delivered, They might have been Lifted by one of the many Dishonest Royal Mail Employers The Royal Mail Is nothing but a big JOKE.

How Can they loss 2 out of 3 signed for recorded letters.

"Many" dishonest employees - based on what evidence? The postal orders which are being sent, I assume are crossed, so these "many" thieves wouldn't be able to cash them - and do you really think they'd go to all that trouble just to get £1? I think not.

If the postal order has been cashed by the creditor, then they must have received the item to be able to cash it.

Does anyone know how I can check if a postal order has been cashed :confused:

If you make a claim for a lost item containing postal orders then they will ask for the counterfoils and check to see if they've been cashed, so there must be some way to find out. Call Royal Mail on 08457 740 740 and ask them how.

As I have said previously even if you find the postal order has been cashed.that does not guarantee your letter was delivered,

Maybe lifted by one of the many dishonest royal mail workers.:mad:

Just because you've a major downer on the Post Office doesn't mean that lots of other people don't get great service from them. If you use the appropriate service for the type of item you're sending then you'll find the service is nothing short of exemplary. Also, as stated by another poster above, if you supply the Court with a proof of posting, then under CPR the letter is deemed received two days later by the Court, WHETHER IT WAS OR NOT. Proof of posting is FREE for ANY ITEM, whatever postage service you use.

Special Delivery guarantees delivery and is delivered separately to "other mail". It is a trackable service and therefore costs more. It's not necessary for most letters.

• Haha 1

I realise that there many dishonest people working for the PO but I had my postal order crossed therefore it would not have been able to be cashed by anyone except Barclay's ;)

Always get your postal order crossed as no one can cash them save for the name on the postal order.

Just because you've a major downer on the Post Office doesn't mean that lots of other people don't get great service from them. If you use the appropriate service for the type of item you're sending then you'll find the service is nothing short of exemplary. Also, as stated by another poster above, if you supply the Court with a proof of posting, then under CPR the letter is deemed received two days later by the Court, WHETHER IT WAS OR NOT. Proof of posting is FREE for ANY ITEM, whatever postage service you use.

Special Delivery guarantees delivery and is delivered separately to "other mail". It is a trackable service and therefore costs more. It's not necessary for most letters.

Nothing short of exemplary dont make me laugh

Get Real man just read other members complaints,

In this thread alone

Havent you read the news or watched the documentaries

On bent royal mail staff

The royal mail are the pits.