Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now on letter 5, 2 from UKPC, and 3 from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. Each letter ramps up the 'threat level'. The latest one is entitled 'Notice of Intended Litigation' and provides the details of a web site listing their successful CCJ's.

For some reason I can't be bothered to look at it. I'm too busying ignoring them.

Now, according to the established pattern I will wait for a set of solicitors letters, so I can ignore them too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everybody, just to update you, its my anniversary one year ago this month I got my parking charge sorry my invoice :D and to celebrate I have put up all the letters I have received from Excel, Roxburghe debt collectors and Graham white solicitors around my house and as a touching reminder Graham white solicitors have even rung me a few times, bless them. My message to all of you who are going through all of this is listen to what the good people of this site have to say, I initially responded with a template letter but in hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered it makes no difference except confirming that you live at that address so they can bother you with more idle threats. I have had everything from "please send me £140" to final warnings to notice of intended action, and guess what I am still waiting & waiting. :rolleyes: Be strong and when you wont a bit of moral support vist this site. I like to thank the regular contributors of this site for giving there time and patience for answering all the questions posed to them, and keep up the good work.;)

Hello,

This is my 1st post, so I apologise if it's in the wrong thread, or if I should have started a new one.

In Feb I was given a PPT in Totton, Southampton (free parking site, but you have to take a ticket, you know the sort) by a private company called BPA for failing to display a ticket properly. I argued this with the "warden?" and was told to send it all of to the address and explain, this I did.

Now having read some comments on this excellent site, and yes I have made a donation, albeit a small one. It seems ignoring the return letter/s is the way to go. However it's a company van.

And having just received a letter from the lease company stating I need to pay £130. So finally to my point, sorry for the long winded story;

1. if the lease company has already paid this and chase me for it, do I have any rights?

2. if they haven't paid it, what would be my next course of action?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Your info is excellent. My problem was in Scotland which is occasionally subject to slightly different rules, but I offer this as a one-letter only solution (it worked for me!)

First, you are right, do nothing until 'they' write asking for driver details.

Using your guide template, I sent this:

I refer to your letter . . .

I confirm the information provided by DVLA, that I am the keeper of the vehicle.

I do not keep detailed records of the driver of the vehicle at any particular time.

I respectfully decline your invitation to pay the invoice raised by (car park)

Their reply showed they were totally P'd off. Bluster and smoke, and then they said that my car number would be included on their master database and checked if EVER I parked in one of THEIR car parks again, they would think of something horrible. (implied). So, whoever buys my car second-hand better look out; either that or the car park team are due to be in court for wrong ID etc!

Now having read some comments on this excellent site, and yes I have made a donation, albeit a small one. It seems ignoring the return letter/s is the way to go. However it's a company van.

And having just received a letter from the lease company stating I need to pay £130. So finally to my point, sorry for the long winded story;

1. if the lease company has already paid this and chase me for it, do I have any rights?

It would depend on your lease, the usual ones state that they will pay all 'fines and penalties and pass on the cost to you, plus a charge for adminstration. However, what you have is not a fine or a penalty it is an invoice which is not usually covered in the lease agreement, so you should check first then argue your point.

2. if they haven't paid it, what would be my next course of action?

Tell the lease company to pass on all correspondence direct to you without responding to the ppc for you to deal with.

Thank you in advance for any help.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

:???::???:

Hi,

Only just joined and wondered if anyone can help?

I received a parking ticket for £100 (£60 if paid within 7 days) from Excel parking. This was for utilising 2 parking spaces (not in a Pay & Display).

I was just going to pay it, as I am a bit of a worrier!.... I then read all the posts and wondered whether I should or not?

I didn't see any signs about it being run by a private company until I had read the ticket and then I scanned the car park - would not have noticed the sign without specifically looking for it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :-|

I have had the two threatning solicitors letters a month ago & since then peace & quiet, I believe this can now be the end ,Al thro this site and advice not once have I replied to any threats ,so it works

lamma; my company sent me a copy of the "enforcement notice" from the lease company for £130, and an admin charge letter from them for £20. LOL cheeky *******

I haven't replied yet, and no, no copy of the lease, perhaps I should mention this in any letter if they've paid?

Thx again for all and any help.

Hovercraft.

Tell the lease company you are dealing with the [problem] invoices and that you DO NOT require them to forward any more of the ppc nonsense to you.

regards

BERNIE,

Thanks for the advice, I may well need it soon. Yesterday my vehicle had a PCN from a company called Universal Car Parks stuck onto it. My car was parked in a bay that was until recently owned by Milton Keynes Council. I went to have a look at this bay this morning and saw that there are a number of poorly place parking restriction signs around the area. Regarding the company, there is of record of them anywhere. The signs are new and not very obvious. This company wants £80 increasing to £100 in not paid in 7 days. They say on the back no payment, no appeal allowed (not in those exact words but exact meaning). Can you please tell me: Is the advice not to reply still valid and then to respond with a plain letter saying prove I parked it there and fire off a copy about Data Protection to DVLA and are this company in breach of any regulations - ther is only a PO Box number on the ticket and no other contact details at all? Has anyone heard of this company or know their pedigree?

BERNIE,

Thanks for the advice, I may well need it soon. Yesterday my vehicle had a PCN from a company called Universal Car Parks stuck onto it. My car was parked in a bay that was until recently owned by Milton Keynes Council. I went to have a look at this bay this morning and saw that there are a number of poorly place parking restriction signs around the area. Regarding the company, there is of record of them anywhere. The signs are new and not very obvious. This company wants £80 increasing to £100 in not paid in 7 days. They say on the back no payment, no appeal allowed (not in those exact words but exact meaning). Can you please tell me: Is the advice not to reply still valid and then to respond with a plain letter saying prove I parked it there and fire off a copy about Data Protection to DVLA and are this company in breach of any regulations - ther is only a PO Box number on the ticket and no other contact details at all? Has anyone heard of this company or know their pedigree?

Don't take them so seriously, just ignore all the rubbish they send you and get on with your life.

regards

what if u admitted on the phone that it was you who was parked there and u were driving, only to come on here and find out u shouldnt have?

do they have wot they need now to be chasing u for the fine?

why do you think they always want an 'appeal' in writing ? and its not a fine.

what if u admitted on the phone that it was you who was parked there and u were driving, only to come on here and find out u shouldnt have?

They haven't got that much sense to realise, don't flatter them

do they have wot they need now to be chasing u for the fine?

In their dreams!!!!!

regards

LETSHELP,

Great ansa, that's going to make my weekend go just fine, thank you. By the way, my Mrs says that we must ansa the pcn otherwise the balliffs are going to take lots of stuff away. I've tried to show her these respop0nses but she doesn't want to know, any advice pls?

LETSHELP,

Great ansa, that's going to make my weekend go just fine, thank you. By the way, my Mrs says that we must ansa the pcn otherwise the balliffs are going to take lots of stuff away. I've tried to show her these respop0nses but she doesn't want to know, any advice pls?

Steps yet to go through before getting to bailiff stage.....

3 or 4 letters from PPC

2 letters from their pet DCA (really still them in the same office)

2 letters from their "solicitor" (still them really)

Court papers issued (check them coz they often send "pretend" ones)

Defence filed

Court appearance (0.001% chance of getting to this stage)

Case lost, ordered to pay PPC (haha 0.00001% chance of them winning)

You don't pay within 28 days (why wouldnt you pay at this stage????)

PPC re-applies to court

Bailiff appointed

Total time elapsed 12 - 18 months.

So tell your wife she can reply to them next year still in good time before the bailiff comes to take stuff away. :D:D:D

but the chances of them actually going to COURT is so little , and in most cases after the normal flood of letters as Crem has decribed they move onto the next victim,

seems every time a PPC tried the court they loose, shame that ,

I recieved my second letter this morning. :D

This one has two lovely pictures of my car entering and exiting there car park. Pity there in black & white My car looks lovely in them.;)

Anybody else had pictures of there vehicle sent to them????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks