sonos speaker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I purchased a sonos speaker to listen to music through my pc,

when i set it up i have found that i have to subscribe to spotify prime (9.99 per month),

it will not play anything apart from the radio and spotify prime,

the packaging does not explain this and i want to return it to get a normal wifi speaker but the shop i bought it from says their returns policy says they will not give me a refund unless its faulty.

is there anything i can do as this was not explained to me on purchase or explained on any marketing material.

Please help it has cost £200.

HI,

I got the speaker from curry's, i got the speaker to listen to music through spotify which was free. But now i have to upgrade to a premium account to listen through the sonos speaker, it will not even let me listen to music through youtube and such. Non of this is clear on the packaging.

Thanks for any advice.

You've got it setup wrong

Go see YouTube

You don't need a Spotify account at all

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I totally get the fact that i do not need a spotify account at all to make it work but now that i have it set up i can't play anything off spotify unless i go premium but thanks anyway.

the item must be of merchantable quality AND FIT FOR PURPOSE.

If it isnt them back it goes.

The only argument will be the conversation that you had or didnt have when you bought it to find out whether it suited your purpose.

Generally Curry's arent too bad on this sort of thing but it will vary from store to store.

The big shed outlets tend to be easier to deal with as they handle so much stuff they can cope with swapping over an item for something else,

the smaller in towm outlets have more pressure on them to sell certain items or have harder to hit targets so they dont like to offer a quick solution as it is more personal to their pockets

You will have to give details of which model you purchased as the connections vary subject to the model ...line in /optical/ Ethernet

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you use a mobile phone and are not in contract a cheap way to get spotify prime is with Vodafone as they bundle this with their red contracts pretty cheaply!

Any streaming / wireless speaker is likely to need a subscription to a streaming service to play muzac that you do not own.

Have you got music stored on any electronic device such as a PC or network storage or external hard disc?

As it happens I just bought a sonos system yesterday!

I think you need to play through the sonos app, rather than spotify. The spotify app does link into Sonos but that only works if you want to use Spotify, and it is only one way to use the system.

When I set up the system using the sonos app, the excellent walkthrough guide gave a large number of options for playing music. Spotify was only one option - there is a list here: http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/streaming-music

There is a guide to using the sonos as a PC speaker here: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/a-howto-sonos-pc-speaker-free-with-stream-what-you-hear-6194840

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS