Urgent Info Needed To Confirm A Bank Leak

finlander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what ever happens now or in future,

the amount of money paid by banks re,bank charges will be nothing compared to the payout for damages re.i think tom brennen.how peoples' lives have been ruined because of charges.

if people can prove charges have effected their lives in the negative,eg.

divorce, unable to start buisness, many examples due to bad credit history imposed because of charges.

tez.

Tez,

The very fact that any company, bank or organisation has sent out a single letter which states the "failure to comply with this request for payment may result in your inability to obtain credit in the future" clearly shows that actions taken by these organisations have had a direct affect on peoples lives. The majority of these were made without proof that any amounts claimed were actually due. This has been done on a large scale.

Tide

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyds TSB Group plc

25 Gresham Street

London

EC2V 7HN

To:

All Lloyds TSB Shareholders

Dear Shareholder

We are writing to you to explain the reasons for our decision to withdraw from the OFT's test case on the legality of overdraft charges.

Our recent official announcement, made by the friend of a neighbour of our head office tea lady - Doris - on a self-help consumer website may have a slight impact on the value of our share price. But our stock market analysts envisage a drop of no more than 94 percent.

We believe that this honest and unprompted admission that for decades we have been (edit) our customers blind, will be the PR coup of the century and will reap untold benefits for years to come.

Your sincerely

Chief Executive

Lloyds TSB

Tez,

The very fact that any company, bank or organisation has sent out a single letter which states the "failure to comply with this request for payment may result in your inability to obtain credit in the future" clearly shows that actions taken by these organisations have had a direct affect on peoples lives. The majority of these were made without proof that any amounts claimed were actually due. This has been done on a large scale.

Tide

thanks,excepted.

if someone can get £480,000. for wrist ache,what would it be if you lost house,got divorced through charges?

my main point was that i cannot see the banks admitting charges were ilegal because of the above.so the wording of any deal brokered by them and oft will be crucial to banks.like someone else said about stock market,impact on prices and the dear old goverment,their tax revenues would plummet.i dont think goverment would like to see them called unlawful.

tez

i don't think we should knock finland he/she acted in good faith.......since when as any bank abided by any written agreement whether with the consumer of the OFT i can't see how this will end up in open court with the banks havin to divulge information about their FEE FOR A SERVICE or as we put it penalty charges which are profit driven.....it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true...........it's a waitin game again.

i don't think we should knock finland he/she acted in good faith.......since when as any bank abided by any written agreement whether with the consumer of the OFT i can't see how this will end up in open court with the banks havin to divulge information about their FEE FOR A SERVICE or as we put it penalty charges which are profit driven.....it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true...........it's a waitin game again.

hi,agre with all you said,

it seems a very good way out for banks,still without admitting anything.

it must pay them to get closure somehow without further liabillities.

think they would settle for now, paying everone back.the end.

tez

But they haven't with the credit cards. The OFT had stated very clearly that the £12 is NOT to be treated as a fair amount, and that only the courts can say what is fair or not. If you get charged £12 by your c/c company, you should still challenge it.

Maybe this is what Doris overheared:-

Lloyds TSB to ring the charges on mobile phones to cut cost of going overdrawn - Telegraph

Lloyds TSB are changing their charging procedure.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

thanks,excepted.

if someone can get £480,000. for wrist ache,what would it be if you lost house,got divorced through charges?

Tez,

See my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=1083557

I lost everything including my dignity and part of my bowel through threats and intimidation.

The authorities and regulators have danced around these educated thugs as if they were treading on eggshells.

How much more proof do you need?

The evidence is clear. The law has been broken. People have lost everything, especially those who have shown any kind of weakness (this was not met with any kind of compassion or understanding, but was abused by those supposedly in a position of power).

As with Tom Brennan, I am claiming exemplary damages. This has affected my life completely, my health, relationship, home, work and most of all my family.

That is not acceptable.

There has not, so far, been any mention of a Police investigation. I for one can prove fraud on a grand scale, but nobody is listening.

Why have we had these Ombudsmen in place if they never intended to regulate, even when the evidence is presented to them on a plate?

The Ombudsmen should now stand up, look at the evidence, and make the directors and board of these companies accountable.

Personally, I am considering a criminal complaint and will insist that their offices are raided where they refuse to provide information.

Tide

TIDE I agree with your comments, I think that it does warrant police action(no pun intended) in any other money spinning human rights case! everyone of the legal aid mob can't wait to get involved, and make no mistake this has more credence for human rights action than a lot of the rubbish we have seen lately spending the tax payers money!! the police would not give a stuff!

Tez,

See my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=1083557

I lost everything including my dignity and part of my bowel through threats and intimidation.

The authorities and regulators have danced around these educated thugs as if they were treading on eggshells.

How much more proof do you need?

The evidence is clear. The law has been broken. People have lost everything, especially those who have shown any kind of weakness (this was not met with any kind of compassion or understanding, but was abused by those supposedly in a position of power).

As with Tom Brennan, I am claiming exemplary damages. This has affected my life completely, my health, relationship, home, work and most of all my family.

That is not acceptable.

There has not, so far, been any mention of a Police investigation. I for one can prove fraud on a grand scale, but nobody is listening.

Why have we had these Ombudsmen in place if they never intended to regulate, even when the evidence is presented to them on a plate?

The Ombudsmen should now stand up, look at the evidence, and make the directors and board of these companies accountable.

Personally, I am considering a criminal complaint and will insist that their offices are raided where they refuse to provide information.

Tide

agree and my case nowhere near as traumatic as yours,

but this is why i cannot ever see them admitting or being found guilty.

thats why this rumour of lloyds dosent seem so far fetched.

the buzzard lawyers of the no win no charge brigade will surely be circling for easy pickings and the banks must realise this.

tez

Tez,

They are put in place to make Joe Public believe there is someone to take up their case and look into things. From own experience I can also say they are such a waste of money it is untrue. (Talking about Healthcare / NHS Ombudsman and Insurance Ombudsman myself, but take which one you like, they are all in the pocket of the industry they are supposed to regulate or look after)

If the Telegraph article is correct, then it seems unlikely that Lloyds TSB are planning to pull out of the OFT test case. If they still intend to charge £20 for a bounced DD (when their costs are less than a tenth of that) then clearly they are not conceding that their charges are unlawful. If they felt that the banks would lose the test case, or even that public opinion was strongly opposed to penalty charges, then surely they would reduce the charge to something more acceptable eg £5 or less.

They are put in place to make Joe Public believe there is someone to take up their case and look into things. From own experience I can also say they are such a waste of money it is untrue. (Talking about Healthcare / NHS Ombudsman and Insurance Ombudsman myself, but take which one you like, they are all in the pocket of the industry they are supposed to regulate or look after)

hi,

its called th gravy train

tez

If the Telegraph article is correct, then it seems unlikely that Lloyds TSB are planning to pull out of the OFT test case. If they still intend to charge £20 for a bounced DD (when their costs are less than a tenth of that) then clearly they are not conceding that their charges are unlawful. If they felt that the banks would lose the test case, or even that public opinion was strongly opposed to penalty charges, then surely they would reduce the charge to something more acceptable eg £5 or less.

I agree. Hardly the actions of a bank in retreat.

Although it is an admission that charges are too high, it barely scrapes the surface of the issue.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

just found the oFT and banks agreement...

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/press_release_attachments/bankagreement.pdf

point 1.5 d... 28th september fits in with the info i found out today....

Ok... info is that a work friend of mine had a meeting with his a friend who is a manager at lloyds head office the other day. They are old friends. During the meeting the matter of bank charges came up and my friend was told that the middle to end of september lloyds are going conceed that the bank charges are unfair and withdraw from the case. This is because their legal team have warned then that they do not have a leg to stand on and THEY WILL LOSE. He stated that the banking industry has set aside £3.5 billion ready to reimburse customers. Lloyds themselves have a new depart purely to deal with the refunds. my friend was advised (he is owed £2500) to wait until the announcement then send a letter in and his money would then be refunded. The rational behind the request for a test case to the oft was recent judgements against the banks, the judges loss of temper with them and to buy a short breathing space to enable the setting up of the depts to handle rebates...

IF and I repeat IF this is true...(misinformation is rife) we have won!!!!!!!:eek: :):D

I do hope this is a Fairy Godmother moment!!

Originally Posted by TECHSPEC viewpost.gif

Lloyds TSB to ring the charges on mobile phones to cut cost of going overdrawn - Telegraph

Unplanned borrowing from Lloyds TSB will also incur a fee of £15 a month, plus daily charges based on how far you breach your overdraft.

An excess of up to £25 will cost £6 a day, from £25 to £100 will cost £15 a day, and more than £100 will cost £20 a day, and these charges will not be levied for more than 10 days a month.

......so if you were more than £100 over x 10 days thats a whopping £200 a month plus the £15 fee.. thats just simply gross