DEBT Collection Agency of the YEAR Awards

andrew1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem....

BBC NEWS | Business | Darling censures rating agencies

Too little too late, but I do feel slightly vindicated.

NOW will anyone join me in a few verses of "Battle of New Orleans"??

That would no doubt tend to be the Moodys and Standard & Poor rather than Experian Equifax and the likes although they have a considerable amount of baggage attached to their paymasters too.

That would no doubt tend to be the Moodys and Standard & Poor rather than Experian Equifax and the likes although they have a considerable amount of baggage attached to their paymasters too.

Everything moves very slowly, but the 'trickle down effect' has to start somewhere.

"Earlier, president of the European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet, said that lessons needed to be learned from the fact that the fees of the credit rating agencies were paid by the very financial institutions whose bonds they are assessing."

I suppose the immediate downside is going to be increased activity from DCA's, but at least positive changes have become a possibility.

ODC,

I don't normally hum, but that paella didn't agree with me....;)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I suppose the immediate downside is going to be increased activity from DCA's, but at least positive changes have become a possibility.

Just the thought that this might benefit Ken Maynard and his cronies puts me off my Winalot

"Shall we organise a CAG bus up to Birmingham to formally congratulate the winners?"

Sod the bus...we should get a nationwide campaign up / down there. Consumer Action Groups go postal on the debt collectors...I could even get a wee television crew for support.

We could organise our own awards outside...or possibly something even more interesting.... What debt collectors probably understand but don't take seriously is that their victims come from all walks of life and you really shouldn't get us angry.

Just the thought that this might benefit Ken Maynard and his cronies puts me off my Winalot

I have no doubt they are aware that the writing is on the wall for some of them - but it's still some time away for UK DCA's.

So many USA owned/backed/influenced agencies are setting up here that the collection market is feeling a squeeze too, and only the ruthless are likely to survive.

Not much comfort for those people battling with them now, but change will have to come.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

hi this is my first thread so hello and here goes...my husband received a letter roughly 4 months ago and it was from red dept collection saying he owed 1,497 pounds and he use to live at so !!!!!! address which may i add he has never lived at nor ever heard of it its states it was a dept from atleast 8 year ago,he laughed at put it in the bin then last weekend we received another saying the same blah blah if payment in full isnt made we will take matter further so this time he rang explaining calmly he has never lived at this address and to stop sending these letters she asked for him to send his signature which he did i presume to see if they have same signutures of whoever this dept is,these people red dept colletors are collecting for capital one,so he thought thats end of it then today he received another saying our client lowell portfolio ltd has offerd you a settlement on your figure for an attempt for you to settle your account in an amicable way that also saves you a large amount of money before further action is needed to be taken....i am ina position today to offer you an early settlement of 598.95 im sure you will agree this is a excellent offer,an offer i hope you are able to take advantage of....is only availible till 11th oct 07 unless funds are received and cleared by this date we will continue with other means of recovery this dept will not go away and repyment has to be made.......payment can be taken over the phone or cheque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!are these people completely dumb or what???????how thick are they how wrong are they whats going on????hasnt my husband explained he has never had dealings with capitak one or lived at the address they state im so ****ed off you wouldnt believe any ADVICE PLEASE GUYS XXX:( :-?

hi this is my first thread so hello and here goes...my husband received a letter roughly 4 months ago and it was from red dept collection saying he owed 1,497 pounds and he use to live at so !!!!!! address which may i add he has never lived at nor ever heard of it its states it was a dept from atleast 8 year ago,he laughed at put it in the bin then last weekend we received another saying the same blah blah if payment in full isnt made we will take matter further so this time he rang explaining calmly he has never lived at this address and to stop sending these letters she asked for him to send his signature which he did i presume to see if they have same signutures of whoever this dept is,these people red dept colletors are collecting for capital one,so he thought thats end of it then today he received another saying our client lowell portfolio ltd has offerd you a settlement on your figure for an attempt for you to settle your account in an amicable way that also saves you a large amount of money before further action is needed to be taken....i am ina position today to offer you an early settlement of 598.95 im sure you will agree this is a excellent offer,an offer i hope you are able to take advantage of....is only availible till 11th oct 07 unless funds are received and cleared by this date we will continue with other means of recovery this dept will not go away and repyment has to be made.......payment can be taken over the phone or cheque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!are these people completely dumb or what???????how thick are they how wrong are they whats going on????hasnt my husband explained he has never had dealings with capitak one or lived at the address they state im so ****ed off you wouldnt believe any ADVICE PLEASE GUYS XXX:( :-?

Please start a new thread of your own on this and we will be better able to help you. Your posting on this thread may get confused. Dont worry you are dealing with Lowells and they are easy to defeat. The alleged debt will be Statute Barred anyway and Clownells will not have any paperwork relating to it. They are just greedy ****

Which agency is it? You mention Red Dept Collections - Red Debt collections maybe? It might be useful to actually start your own thread and we'll pick it up from there.

That's a good question.

Has anyone heard anything at all about it ???

Should think they've all 'gone to ground' now. Conferences coming up y'know ;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

i_safe.gifHere is another event not to miss.:rolleyes:

Just look at the price of the tickets:o

There sure is some money to be made in Debt Collection.:o

Invest with confidence in the UK’s leading Collections and Debt Sale & Purchase event

The new and improved annual Collections/Debt Sale & Purchase conference returns in 2007 with a highly interactive format. Now in its seventh year, the event will take place at the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham on 28 & 29 November.

Attracts decision makers

The conferences attract senior debt recovery, management, sales, purchase and collections professionals. In fact, over 30% of last year’s delegates were of director level status at companies including these:

Abbey

Morgan Stanley

Allied Irish Bank

Nationwide Building Society

Barclays Bank

Next Directory

Barclays Capital

Northern Rock

Birmingham Midshires

Payplan

BSkyB

Portman Building Society

Capital One

Provident

Dunfermline Building Society

Royal Bank of Scotland

Egg

Sainsbury's Bank

HBOS

Scottish & Southern Energy

Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance

Scottish Power

HSBC

Student Loans Company

Lloyds TSB Asset Finance Division

The Royal Bank of Scotland

Lloyds TSB Bank

T-Mobile

Marks & Spencer Money

Vodafone

There are a variety of sponsorship opportunities available to ensure your brand is front of mind amongst these decision makers, so ensure your marketing budget works harder for you by investing in this leading industry event.

Reach over 500,000 impressions

The marketing plan is already in full swing with communications reaching a much wider audience than the Credit Today database. With advertising in key industry titles, direct mail and email campaigns to a new database of targeted credit professionals and contra deals with several companies and trade bodies, over 500,000 marketing impressions will be achieved. With over ten weeks to go before the event, there is still time to ensure your brand is featured on the plethora of marketing literature still being prepared.

Sponsorship Opportunities

With sponsorship packages to suit any size of budget call Genevra on 020 7940 4803 or click here to email her. All options include stand space in the exhibition room, where all delegates will be seated during tea breaks and lunch on both days.

Platinum package

£12,000

• Branding in conference room
  • Branding on literature from date of signing
  • Stand space 3sqm x 2sqm
  • 75 words of text and link including company logo on event marketing email broadcasts
  • One page advertorial in dedicated pre-view of event in November 2007 issue of Credit Today
  • Two complimentary conference passes for one conference strand of choice
  • Two stand attendees including all refreshments and lunch
  • Literature within delegate packs
  • Delegate database after event
  • Two complimentary passes to the networking dinner

Gold package

£7,500

• Literature within delegate packs
  • Half page advertorial in dedicated pre-view of event in November 2007 issue of Credit Today

Silver package

£5,500

• Literature within the delegate packs
  • One complimentary conference pass for one conference strand of choice
  • One complimentary pass to the networking dinner

You don’t have an exhibition stand available but you want to make sure delegates see your brand? Why not try one of the following?

Delegate Badges

£5,000

(including two conference strands and the training session)

• One colour company logo on lanyard delegate badges
  • Two complimentary passes for one conference strand of choice

Conference Bottled Water

£5,000

• Coloured logo on bottled water for conference & training
  • delegates placed in the conference rooms
  • Two complimentary passes to networking dinner

Conference Mints

£5,000

• Coloured logo on supply of mints for conference & training delegates placed within the conference rooms
  • Two conference passes to each conference for both days
  • Two complimentary passes to networking dinner

Conference Refreshment Breaks

£3,500

• Branding at refreshment area
  • One conference pass to each conference for both days
  • One complimentary pass to networking dinner

Make the most of the pre-event marketing by confirming your involvement today. Email Genevra or call her on 020 7640 4803, and she will take the time to find out what your objectives are and recommend a package that will help you achieve them.

I speak from experience, there's good money to be made in exhibitions. 10 years ago it cost my old company over £32K to have a stand at the NEC for a week, plus another grand for carpets but that's another story... :p

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I speak from experience, there's good money to be made in exhibitions. 10 years ago it cost my old company over £32K to have a stand at the NEC for a week, plus another grand for carpets but that's another story... :p

Yes, but stand outside and listen to the people who have paid it complaining it wasn't worth it!

ct_logo.gif shim.gifHomeNewsJobsMedia PackDiscussion ForumEvents Diary 600px_dot.gifshim.gifshim.gifEd Byrne to host the awards ceremony...only four weeks left to nominate!

btcomedy.jpgIrish comedian Ed Byrne has been confirmed as the celebrity guest host for the first ever Debt Collection Agency (DCA) of the Year awards, which take place in Birmingham on 28 November this year.Ed is one of the country's top live acts, best known for his appearances on top TV shows 'The Comedy Store' and 'The Stand Up Show'.

If you haven't nominated yet, now is the time to do so as the deadline is 19 October. In an often criticised sector of our industry, these awards offer the perfect chance to celebrate those companies that consistently adhere to best practice and produce outstanding results.

Entry is free so you have absolutely nothing to lose by sending in a nomination. If you feel your organisation, or one you know, deserves to be recognised as the best in the industry, please complete and return a nomination form now.(CLICK HERE).

The awards, in association with Credit Today, will be heldat the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham on 28 November 2007, alongside the Collections and Debt Sale & Purchase conferences. (CLICK HERE).

Please return to the address at the bottom of the form, or fax back to

020 7940 4843.