Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yeah can well imagine with welcome how many dodgy things are int here im awaiting sar as once upon a time i had a secured loan with all the insurance loaded on but when i tried to claim on it they said i couldnt so waiting to see what they have one me, before next move:x also other half has ppi on and was workin pt at the time loan was taken out

Hi Tigga,

Why didnt they allow you to claim on the PPI?

Who rejected your claim? Was it Welcome or Direct Group who informed you?

Thanks

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you got news??/

fill me in!! ;)

What do you think Andi...300 months/25 years...is it viable that welcome would do that kind of term??

pm'g you in a mo!!

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

What do you think Andi...300 months/25 years...is it viable that welcome would do that kind of term??

pm'g you in a mo!!

The re-writes are what gets to me. How much cash did you acctually loan?

Looks like alot was rolled over.

Stewie

Hi Tigga,

Why didnt they allow you to claim on the PPI?

Who rejected your claim? Was it Welcome or Direct Group who informed you?

Thanks

Stewie

Stewie director of DG tells me they make ALL the decisions when it comes to claims NU never see them.

pm'g you in a mo!!

strange strange strange - my Welcome mole tells me 15 years is the max they loan to.

They wonder if they got special clearance from the powers that be to do this in order to keep getting your money - not something that could have been decided at branch level I'm told

The re-writes are what gets to me. How much cash did you acctually loan?

Looks like alot was rolled over.

Stewie

I will try and post all the agreements up tomorrow, for some reason my pc goes into meltdown mode when i use photobucket.

Just to give you some idea ...here goes..

04 - 96months @£243.29

cash advance £8000, apr 28.5% / ttl amount of credit £9962.80 / total loan amount £11077.80. PPI incl. 60months.

re-write

05 - 120 months @ £276.68

amount of credit £9833.16,apr 27.80% / ttl amount of credit £12247.21 / ttl loan amount £13563.86. ppi incl. 60 months..

re-write

06 - 120months @ £204.10

cash advance £12415.88, apr(variable) 16.60% / ttl charge for credit £12076.47 / no ppi

re-write

07 - 180months @ £302.26

cash advance £20151.10, apr(variable) 17.70% / ttl charge for credit £34255.40. no ppi

re-write

- 300months @ £225.99

cash advance - £21.457.04, apr(variable) 12.7% / ttl charge for credit £48304.13

it deffinately says 300 months, and im sure i remember a previous converation that the sales person did say 180 months is the maximum they can do....how can i get this clarified without alerting them ???

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

night voda i'm off to bed....still reeling in the shock of 300 months !!!

cheeky, robbing swines....

b-o-2

Nitey nite b-o-2 and anyone else on here.

My bedchamber beckons ....;)

night voda i'm off to bed....still reeling in the shock of 300 months !!!

cheeky, robbing swines....

b-o-2

strange strange strange - my Welcome mole tells me 15 years is the max they loan to.

They wonder if they got special clearance from the powers that be to do this in order to keep getting your money - not something that could have been decided at branch level I'm told

Mine told me the same - Max loan permitted is 180 months (15yrs)

Hmmm wonder what the law states on this one

Stewie director of DG tells me they make ALL the decisions when it comes to claims NU never see them.

this was decided by welcome ho, at the time i was to low to fight or read the small print, but now ive got nothing to lose digging into it, dont know what i hope to find or if i can do anything about it but will make me feel better:mad:

this was decided by welcome ho, at the time i was to low to fight or read the small print, but now ive got nothing to lose digging into it, dont know what i hope to find or if i can do anything about it but will make me feel better:mad:

So welcome or direct group dont do a "needs and demands" and NU are more than happy for for them to spend there money without seeing a policy or proof that it has been sold correctly...... what a crock of shxt. Nu cannot just give money out willynilly, they must at least have an in-house account or reference to charge the money too because as it stands at the moment they can just say no to every claim as the customers situation does not meet there paying out procedure, the reality is that you dont have a policy, just a crappy booklet full of worthless terms and conditionsit just does not make sense and its driving me nuts.

Has anybody on this thread ever been paid out or know of anybody that has been paid out on a policy??!!

Well quick update now that I am logged in. Sent of my CCA and SAR last Saturday (28th).Printed out proof of receipt. Got letter from Welcome stating

RE : SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

thank you for your letter making a subject access request.

We acknowledge receipt of the £11 processing fee and are please to inform you that your request is being processed.

If you have any further queries, please do hesitate to contact me at the above address.

yours sincerely.

I sent 2 letters - A SAR and a CCA. Is she just dumb or are they chancing their arm by ignoring the CCA letter?

will I phone later or just let the next 7 days pass and cancel my dd and send an account in dispute letter?

Edited by EBOY
correction date

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread with much interest and surprisingly hadn't had any issues with Welcome until only the past two weeks.

My husband and I took a loan out with them in June 2006 for £2,000, paying £105.97 per month. I can't find my original agreement to see what the terms were but will be requesting a copy this week. My husband was made redundant in June 2007 and so we missed around 5 payments but managed to get back on track - as far as I am aware, the agreement was not renewed and so in December 2007 we were back in a position to continue paying. We have been paying religiouisly on the 1st of every month since then. In total I estimate that we have paid well over £2,500. We apparently STILL owe over £3,500.

On Friday 27th March 2009 (4 days before our regular monthly payment was due on 1st April) we received a letter saying that 'despite numerous calls and letters' our account was in arrears by £105.97. We have never missed a payment since we commenced paying again in Dec 2007 and the next payment wasn't even due until 1st April. All this combined with the fact that the only number they had for me was one I told them a long time ago wasn't mine anymore and due to the fact that no other letters have been received from them, really got my goat.

I rang the number on the letter and after getting through to the biggest numpty in the world who took all my details - DOB, address, agreement number. He then asked for my mobile number - the number I had on file previously was a landline and I told him I didn't have a mobile number. He then said that as I couldn't supply a number then he couldn't speak to me any further. Madness.

I then took the action to cancel my direct debit - something didn't fit right and I feel that something fishy has gone on. Last Friday we then received another letter telling us that on 25th March we have been charged £10 for a phonecall (again which was never received as they don't have a number for me!). Apparently if I do not pay this £10 within 14 days then they will charge me interest at 45%!!!!!!!!!!

I am now going to take this further - I am going to request a statement and a copy of my original agreement. I have a feeling that the PPI is on there, plus any insurance.

I just wanted to know what my first step should be - I am going to attempt to take this all the way. Also, if I say that the account is in dispute, are they required to place the account on hold and stop any further charges?

Thanks in advance.

Jayandfoo,

If you get a Subject access request it will give the statement and basically everything welcome hold about you. As for putting the account in dispute there are only to ways - welcome failing to provide a cca within 14 days and I can't remember the other but I will check.

It is not uncommon for welcome to do this to people I have been paying for 15 months now (£3600 roughly) and my balance has reduce by £400.

Tigga - are you telling me that Welcome decided that you couldn't claim on this policy??

It's none of Welcomes business - file a complaint NOW! - Welcome cannot say if you can or cannot claim on a policy as it does not belong to them!

Hi guys

After weeks of hearing nothing from Welcome, today I got a a letter stating that they will not put the account on hold whilst it is being investigated by the FOS, and also threaten that if I don't continue my 'contractual' payments, it may affect my credit file.

Can someone confirm if they are duty bound to place the account on hold while it is in dispute?

I also received a copy of my original agreement and would like to reclaim the PPI. Does anyone have a link to the PPI Calculator?

Thanks

Hi guys

After weeks of hearing nothing from Welcome, today I got a a letter stating that they will not put the account on hold whilst it is being investigated by the FOS, and also threaten that if I don't continue my 'contractual' payments, it may affect my credit file.

Can someone confirm if they are duty bound to place the account on hold while it is in dispute?

I also received a copy of my original agreement and would like to reclaim the PPI. Does anyone have a link to the PPI Calculator?

Thanks

what are FOS investigating agin?

I sent them my Statement of Price to query whether or not interest has been charged on the Acceptance Fee. They've said it may take a while to investigate due to the large number of complaints they've received.

Mine told me the same - Max loan permitted is 180 months (15yrs)

Hmmm wonder what the law states on this one

any ideas where i need to research this ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks