• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a car finance financed by welcome where the car came from Ucan / Carcraft.

My agreement is different to others seen on here and although there is no date entered by us there is a date signed on behalf of Welcome for Aug 2006

At the top of the 2 page document it says

Progressive Financial Services Limited trading as Welcome Financial services of (nottingham address)

then the figures are as follows

A 6,900.00 M-R Amount of credit for goods

B 295.00 N Amount of credit for Insurances

C 7195.00 A+B Total Amount of Credit

duration = 48 months at 277.12

40.4 APR

D 12870.88 A+R+V Total amount apyable for the goods

E 530 88 N+W Total amount payable for the Insurances

F 13401.76 D+E Total Amount Payable

G 0.00 PPI

H 0.00 Mechanical Breakdown

I 0.00 Emergency Recovery

J 295.00 Shortfall Extra Insurance

K 0.00 Other Insurance

L blank Other

M 6,900.00 Cash price of goods

N 295.00 G to L (inclusive) Total cash price of insurances

O 7195.00 M+N Total Cash Price

P 0.00 Deposit cash

Q 0.00 PX allowance

R 0.00 Total Deposit

S 195.00 Acceptance Fee

T 5675.88 Finance charges for goods

U 100.00 Option Fee (?????)

V 5970.88 S+T+U Charge for credit for goods

W 235.88 Charge for credit for Insurance

X 6206.76 Total Charge for Credit

The agreement is over two pages, the finance figures on onw with our names on, no signatures, and the 2nd with the T&C with our signatures on. Also any ideas what the Option Fee is for?

Maybe I am being thick but it just doesn't seem to balance, ie the APR amount is wrong?

On the T&C it also gives the list ofvarious charges for letters sent out etc, and they are lower than I have read eslewhere but it could be as the agreement isdated 2006

Edited by Us versus Debt

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Thanks for that Pickaname that gives me plenty of ammo for tomorrow when I pay them a little visit - oh and I wasn't able to contact them tonight by phone so I think I may just charge them £25 for my visit - lol

Its a very handy piece of info that.

This is one looooonnnnnnnggggggggg slllllooooooowwwwwwwwww death of the company.

Got to go to bed been a very long day.

Heres hoping for some news tomorrow????????

Good night all.

Get me posting on the witching hour. lol

us verses debt

it would be better if you can post your agreement

google photo bucket and upload with out thumb nails

deleate personel info but leave in the figures

what you have put is just numbers, it has to be laid out a certain way

turning in now

lets hope tommorow is judgement day

I have a car finance financed by welcome where the car came from Ucan / Carcraft.

My agreement is different to others seen on here and although there is no date entered by us there is a date signed on behalf of Welcome for Aug 2006

At the top of the 2 page document it says

Progressive Financial Services Limited trading as Welcome Financial services of (nottingham address)

then the figures are as follows

A 6,900.00 M-R Amount of credit for goods

B 295.00 N Amount of credit for Insurances

C 7195.00 A+B Total Amount of Credit

duration = 48 months at 277.12

40.4 APR

D 12870.88 A+R+V Total amount apyable for the goods

E 530 88 N+W Total amount payable for the Insurances

F 13401.76 D+E Total Amount Payable

G 0.00 PPI

H 0.00 Mechanical Breakdown

I 0.00 Emergency Recovery

J 295.00 Shortfall Extra Insurance

K 0.00 Other Insurance

L blank Other

M 6,900.00 Cash price of goods

N 295.00 G to L (inclusive) Total cash price of insurances

O 7195.00 M+N Total Cash Price

P 0.00 Deposit cash

Q 0.00 PX allowance

R 0.00 Total Deposit

S 195.00 Acceptance Fee

T 5675.88 Finance charges for goods

U 100.00 Option Fee (?????)

V 5970.88 S+T+U Charge for credit for goods

W 235.88 Charge for credit for Insurance

X 6206.76 Total Charge for Credit

The agreement is over two pages, the finance figures on onw with our names on, no signatures, and the 2nd with the T&C with our signatures on. Also any ideas what the Option Fee is for?

Maybe I am being thick but it just doesn't seem to balance, ie the APR amount is wrong?

On the T&C it also gives the list ofvarious charges for letters sent out etc, and they are lower than I have read eslewhere but it could be as the agreement isdated 2006

Hi your agreement sounds very simular to mine which I posted a few days back! I think the option fee is what you pay the blighters after paying everything else as a final payment to completely own the heap of crap that it will probably be after 4 years.

Morning people, is today going to be the day??????

I have finally managed to scan my sgreemnt, could someone thats knows how to get these numbers to work out have a look please.

I have tried and tried, it is probably me and I am doing it the wrong way round!!!

Its the bit on the bottom too, about acceptance fee and agreement thats confusing too?

Roms is the same and we are not sure if that is saying they can charge on the acceptance fee?

Thank you.,

AGREEMENT

mine is laid out exactly the same as pickaname's one above.

Welcome want me to go into their local office to me to sign a new agreement to lower the current monthly payments.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Morning everyone,

9 of us already plus 5 guests.

PS. Wow 101 pages already !!!

PPS. Back later, I am going to have some toast and a cuppa tea and then catch up on last night's programmes via BBC's "I" Player

Edited by Voda
PS & PPS

Hi

Hope you don't mind me popping in

just had a look at your agreement

APR checss OK

the insurance is wihtin the Total amount of credit so it should have been optional to the purchase,I see no tick box or consent?if it was a condition of the sale then the agreement is unenforceable because the totla credit fugure is incorrect(sections127(3) (65)(9) etc.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

mine is laid out exactly the same as pickaname's one above.

Welcome want me to go into their local office to me to sign a new agreement to lower the current monthly payments.

The reason they like you to sign in there office is because the agreement then has no cancellation entitlement so be vary wary of what you sign.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi

Sorry

it was the agreement on2006 i looked at not seen the one on the earlier post.

Peter

Morning all, I am gonna try my hand at the calculator but if anyone fancies having a look over my OH's agreement, the one we are really fighting, it would be much appreciated.

The amount listed to settle loan ac blah blah is actually the amount the salesperson told my OH he had to pay to settle my loan (which he didn't know about until that moment!) as company policy that there cannot be 2 loans at the same address (we now know as total bull). Conning Gits...but would be nice to know how their agreement stacks up also ;)

Its in 2 bits:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/Picture.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/WelcomeLoan2blanked.jpg

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Morning all, I am gonna try my hand at the calculator but if anyone fancies having a look over my OH's agreement, the one we are really fighting, it would be much appreciated.

The amount listed to settle loan ac blah blah is actually the amount the salesperson told my OH he had to pay to settle my loan (which he didn't know about until that moment!) as company policy that there cannot be 2 loans at the same address (we now know as total bull). Conning Gits...but would be nice to know how their agreement stacks up also ;)

Its in 2 bits:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/Picture.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/WelcomeLoan2blanked.jpg

Hi Dipply

Thats funny we have a carloan and two personal loans with them all at the same address! Their not very consistant are they

The Wilaon case showed that the prescribed terms not only had to be there but that they had to be correct.

As far as i can see there is no guidence on these as to the peramitors involved.

The only thing i would say is that the regulations do lay out a rule that the APR must be within a range of 1%under or .1% over that that is stated on the agreement.

The APR is however not a prescribed term so you would have to argue that the apr was an indicator that the prescribed term was misstated since the interest is involved in its calculation. Which i believe has been successfuly done.

ANDI

GOT A REPLY FROM THE MASTER HIMSELF

HOPE IT HELPS

Millymo

Thank You For Your Post In Post 1964

Welcome To The Club

I second this Millymo, no offence taken, I have a wicked sense of humour and nerves of steel after my dealings with Welcome! I just wanted to clarify the reply I got incase it helps others who are being told different by NU. Why are they telling different Welcome customers different things? I told them they needed to confirm in writing as I have a court case & dispute with welcome, they obviously don't want to be involved, I thought the phrase 'Welcome....responsible for all sales issues" was very telling, but maybe that's my suspicious mind!

good luck with yours. x

take a few black coffee

if the apr stated has more than a 1% difference each way, up or down,

the agreement is crap, end off

short enough for you

start the calculator again

oh happy days me thinks knowing welcome agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks