Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rabbi -I'm sure I've spoken with you before - I am one of the more involved welcome fighters - tell me what you need looking at - post me the links I will look

Andie I think I have spoken with you, I'm just new to all this sort of thing, Never had to ask for help on a forum before always managed myself, but found this forum and thought it was brilliant. Now I want to challenge everyone, and get my money back :D

I know you have a lot going on yourself with welcome and hope you get it resolved. My post doesn't matter, I have sent away to-day for CCA and SAR, but out the blue I got a personal loan statement this morning, never had anything from them before.

It was a paragraph at the bottom I just wanted someone to comment on about " Interest will be calculated at the Rate of Interest on the daily balance outstanding of the total amount of Credit".

It probably means nothing, and I am living in hope of getting money out of Welcome:) Will wait until CCA and SAR come through then will post up, and see if anyone can help me.

I don't fall out with anyone, so water under the bridge now:cool:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rabbi Burns,

I have a recent statement too with the following underneath.

"Interest will be calculated at the Rate of Interest on the daily balance oustanding of the Total Amount of Credit and the Acceptance Fee. It will be paid as part of your Monthly Payments".

Andie I think I have spoken with you, I'm just new to all this sort of thing, Never had to ask for help on a forum before always managed myself, but found this forum and thought it was brilliant. Now I want to challenge everyone, and get my money back :D

I know you have a lot going on yourself with welcome and hope you get it resolved. My post doesn't matter, I have sent away to-day for CCA and SAR, but out the blue I got a personal loan statement this morning, never had anything from them before.

It was a paragraph at the bottom I just wanted someone to comment on about " Interest will be calculated at the Rate of Interest on the daily balance outstanding of the total amount of Credit".

It probably means nothing, and I am living in hope of getting money out of Welcome:) Will wait until CCA and SAR come through then will post up, and see if anyone can help me.

Ok - I think i'm correct when I say

Acceptance Fee added in before interest calculation unenforcable

Acceptance fee after interest calculation on your agreement enforcable

Hope this helps a little

Wait for CCA that may tell you more

Hey Rabbi I know the feeling I've put up a few posts and have had no response but I think everyone is just rushed off their feet!

You're right this thread is now moving very fast and I can only speak for myself but when I nip away from the PC for a bit and come back there can be as many as 7 pages worth of threads to go through.

So i find myself skimming over them and not always reading them properly - If you need help with anything bump me again with a reminder when you can see I am active (sometimes my name will show on the bottom but i'm away from my PC) and I will do everything I can to answer questions.

thats wierd cos I have had a couple of those statements recently never have before and unfortunately been with welcome on and off for 7 years!

Slightly strange that it only started in the last month once i had sent a sar

There;s no conspiracy theory here - it became law a few months ago that a yearly statement HAD to be sent - this is why people are getting them now after never having them before

There;s no conspiracy theory here - it became law a few months ago that a yearly statement HAD to be sent - this is why people are getting them now after never having them before

Hi

Yes and they can't charge you any interest or defalt charges for the period of none compliance either.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi everybody

Iv finally made the effort to join this amazing forum after a long time lurking. Iv got a loan with Welcome which is for £2500 over a 3 year period. Iv been reading about all these possible things that could be wrong with with my agreement but im pretty sure im one of the rare group of people with an enforceable contract. I do have one question though, not sure if its me just nit picking but iv used the loan calculator which has been posted on here and some other ones which iv found online and some lead me to believe me that my total charge for credit is 1p more than it should be. I could only find one which worked out my total charge for credit which stated the correct amount.

I doubt this is really anything really and just a case of the decimal places being rounded up differently but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to work out the total charge for credit on paper so I can see the maths behind it for myself.

If anyones interested its a loan for £2500 paid over 36 months with a payment of £131.51, the total charge for credit is £2234.36 and the APR is 59.39%. I would scan it in but being a poor student iv not got one :(

Many thanks

WHO HAS BEEN HAVING FUN ON THE INVESTOR BOARDS

BEFORE YOU ASK, IT IS A JOKE TO WIND THEM UP

RNS Number : 0766P Cattles PLC 18 March 2009

It has been reported that Barclays Bank PLC are considering the acquisition of Cattles PLC. Barclays Banks already has a significant interest in Cattles PLC. Group Executive Director Chris Lendrum stated that the group has been considering this acquisition for some time indicating Barclays intension to undertake management changes integrate the business.

This will most curtaining ensure the share price becomes stable after the stampede of shareholders that have sold, however, shareholders who are bullish and not followed the herd will benefit from a recovery in share price value which will occur as Barclays meat Catlles PLC to increases its steak.

Barclays are looking to consolidate and farm out parts of the business and ring fence bad assets.

postggj your full of useful knowledge, any chance you would know how to work out the total charge for credit using the APR and total amount of credit by hand? iv used some loan calculators but they keep telling me different things.

Hi all! I am sooo pleased to learn that the post regarding the reply from Norwich Union may be a hoax. I got a little bit worried when I read that because I used to be an underwriter for Norwich Union. I know how many different systems they use and loads of different departments. I worked next door to a different department for 5 years and still didn't know what they did. Also I spent a full day once trying to locate someones policy who got directed to our office by switchboard. I guess what I am saying is I thought that maybe welcome policies were being underwritten in some little office somewhere within Norwich Union - but I hope this is not the case :)

Hi

Was worried that this concerns my post? maybe not following thread properly but to clarify I have copied the letter to photobucket, first timer with that so hope the link is correct. If not I will take guidance and try harder. I just thought it was interesting how quickly NU got back to me and re-directed me to Welcome, almost as if they have a bundle of copies ready to go. Not sure why others have had standard replies and still waiting, I just emailed through the website, apparently it went to CEO! I'm not a spy either :confused: I'm just another obstinate woman who is likely to lose money to the swines before they go under but wants to give them a headache in the process!

If this didn't refer to me then apologies! Oops.

Edited by amjestermoon
can see personal details

to me this gets better by the day how can a company as big as nu underwrite policies for a 3rd party that they know nothing about, ffs if i wanted life insurance i would need a medical at least to get it, its like trying to insure a car that dont belong to you but could??

In view of recent revelations regarding tax avoidance are Barclays really the best bank to be in charge of such a respected & ethical firm like Cattles;) ..............or would it be best to say "birds of a feather stick together"

postggj your full of useful knowledge, any chance you would know how to work out the total charge for credit using the APR and total amount of credit by hand? iv used some loan calculators but they keep telling me different things.

post your figures - i'll have a go

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks