Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had an email from c.c.c.s they said that only one person needs to sign a secured loan agreement even if the property is in both names,is this right or not?

I think this is wrong - if mortgage is in both names then both names would have to sign to get a loan secured on it surely??

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is off an inslovancy website

Everything I read on loan company websites say if your house is in both names both parties have to sign

Introduction

If you have taken out a credit agreement, loan or have a bank account in joint names (with another person) then you are both liable for the full amount of any debt.

This means that if you have a joint loan with a spouse or partner and one of you fails to repay the debt (this often happens following divorce or separation) then the lender could still ask you for payment of the full amount (not just half).

The lender cannot recover the money twice but can pursue both of you, or just one of you, for all amounts still outstanding until they have obtained full payment.

Joint and several liability can also apply to rent arrears on joint tenancies, arrears on joint mortgages, Council Tax payments and water charges on properties that have been jointly occupied.

I did not sign any agreement what can I do?

For an agreement to be joint and several then it must be signed by all parties (except for Council Tax). If a lender says you are jointly liable for a debt and you believe this is not the case, it may be worth asking for a copy of the original agreement. If you have not signed it then you are not liable.

Hi Andie not relevant to above quote... you mention in an earlier post that you can google phone numbers to see who called you... how do you do this.

have just remembered i had a call a couple of weeks ago from a lady stating she was from the asset recovery team at welcome... this did not surprise me at the time as i am in dispute with them over a car hp agreement.

but looking back the call was strange as she did not seem to have much info to hand... in fact she asked me if i could tell her who it was i was dealing with in the compliance department, as " she did not have up to date records"

She never asked for payment or anything either. She just said "i dont suppose you will be making any payments on the car will you" to which i replied no not till my complaint had been investigated.

She asked me to ring her back to let her know who it was i was dealing with at welcome, but i never called her back... fortunatley i think i still have the number on my mobile.

never thought much of it at the time but now wondering if it actually was welcome. How can i check through Google?

Am working saturday but should be back around 7.30 p.m. if you dont get back to me this evening. will have to try and remember what page im up up to.

It's just as simple as typing a number in to a google search engine - remember you might have to type it in in different formats cos it may depend how it is spaced e.g.

you could type

0845 3000000

0845 300 0000

and if you try it that should come back with Lloyds TSB :D

Morning all, I fell asleep on the couch last nite lol, bad but omg did I enjoy that!

Norwich Union numbers calling claiming to be Welcome, confirming details eh? The suspicious mind could think they could be doing that then watching this thread to see who posts it, try and find out who you are?

They won't phone me, they know me :D, the certainly know Andie :lol:...

I think their could be a rainforest of 'new' original paperwork being completed even as we speak, alledgedly lol

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Morning all, I fell asleep on the couch last nite lol, bad but omg did I enjoy that!

Norwich Union numbers calling claiming to be Welcome, confirming details eh? The suspicious mind could think they could be doing that then watching this thread to see who posts it, try and find out who you are?

They won't phone me, they know me :D, the certainly know Andie :lol:...

I think their could be a rainforest of 'new' original paperwork being completed even as we speak, alledgedly lol

Exactly what I was thinking - and you're right they do know who you and I am - damn it Dipply we're just not very good at hiding our real identities....unlike some I know ;)

one thing that is biting away at me is that where we have supposedly signed for our lifecare insurance my signature looks completely different, it looks like a child has signed it, my partners looks fairly similar but hers is quite basic anyway, is it easy to get checked out and if so how.

Ive been unmasked, they know I am a girl pmsl!

But seriously, the directors comments on the lifecare element of PPI and how that is not taxed.

It is true that if a policy has mixed elements and some of them are exempt, the % of the policy that is exempt is not taxed.....they have to account for how they calculate this % but....

You have to go right into the statutory instruments and acts to get clear instruction on the types of insurance. Life insurance insures your life, if you die they payout is to your estate, because your life was insured.

Lifecare in PPI insures your payments, in the event of your death. They could easliy have called it deathcare or death benefit but thats not as catchy is it lol. So Life Insurance is exempt, but lifecare is not life insurance, it is just another element in the PPI that insures your payments...covering the possible event of death.

Same difference between the accident element of the PPI and the Medicare. One insures YOU for accidents blah blah, the other insures your payments against the event and consequesnces of the accident (unable to pay).

I am aware of how HMRC are looking into every 'unnofficial' angle of raking in money and this is a legal tax....it is a bit of a stretch and then some to claim that your payments being insured in the event of your death is Life Insurance.

But like I said, letter going to HMRC and let them decide shall we :)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

This is off an inslovancy website

Everything I read on loan company websites say if your house is in both names both parties have to sign

Introduction

If you have taken out a credit agreement, loan or have a bank account in joint names (with another person) then you are both liable for the full amount of any debt.

This means that if you have a joint loan with a spouse or partner and one of you fails to repay the debt (this often happens following divorce or separation) then the lender could still ask you for payment of the full amount (not just half).

The lender cannot recover the money twice but can pursue both of you, or just one of you, for all amounts still outstanding until they have obtained full payment.

Joint and several liability can also apply to rent arrears on joint tenancies, arrears on joint mortgages, Council Tax payments and water charges on properties that have been jointly occupied.

I did not sign any agreement what can I do?

For an agreement to be joint and several then it must be signed by all parties (except for Council Tax). If a lender says you are jointly liable for a debt and you believe this is not the case, it may be worth asking for a copy of the original agreement. If you have not signed it then you are not liable.

Hi Andi

Have you got the link to this website please...

I for one would be interested to know more on this issue...

Very 1st loan signed by both, then multiple reloans only done and signed in one name. Land reg charge in both names, most recent charge not filed at land reg although only signed in one name...confusing i know !!

but am still trying to find out the answers to these problems....

Time will tell, when i get all the charges docs from Land reg next week.

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Exactly what I was thinking - and you're right they do know who you and I am - damn it Dipply we're just not very good at hiding our real identities....unlike some I know ;)

are they intelligent enough to do that

Andie...:eek:

Defo still got my £10 on them turning up, I'll get crap odds now though eh?!

Hey Welcome....we know something you don't know, we know something you don't know :p

Dipply75

are they intelligent enough to do that

I think it is a mixture of unhappy trained monkeys with some really sneaky sods at the top.

The branch managers don't survive in that environment for very long without obviously being sneaky manipulative bullies....if I ever get to update my thread I will show you how the BM at mine calculated the agreement SO sneaky its ridiculous....

Dipply75

OMG Andie, pm'd you back, still cannot believe that. Wait till Postggj gets wind of that!

Dipply75

Just off the phone to welcome customer services in Nottingham.

I asked who phoned me yesterday with my personal details, and was told Welcome just updating records. I then said that I heard my loan was going to Progressive Financial Services, Aaron started stuttering and said I will pass you to your accounts manager at the local branch.

Angela comes on and I asked her about Progressive Financial Services, she said your loan is still with Welcome, but we are all the one company, Progressive are part of Welcome. I asked about further borrowing and was told the branch aren't lending, but head office are.

I said if I wanted to borrow would there be an early settlement figure, she said that I might end up paying more because I would have 2/3 months interest added onto my balance. I said I can't pay interest on something that I don't have, so the settlement figure should be lower. I was then told to phone head office if I wanted to borrow further and they would work out a figure for me, she also said, if you check your credit agreement it will tell you on that about the interest getting added on. I told her that I had requested a copy and was waiting on it arriving.

I am a girl too.

Hell hath no fury and all that .....;)

Voda .....:D

Ive been unmasked, they know I am a girl pmsl!

But seriously, the directors comments on the lifecare element of PPI and how that is not taxed.

It is true that if a policy has mixed elements and some of them are exempt, the % of the policy that is exempt is not taxed.....they have to account for how they calculate this % but....

You have to go right into the statutory instruments and acts to get clear instruction on the types of insurance. Life insurance insures your life, if you die they payout is to your estate, because your life was insured.

Lifecare in PPI insures your payments, in the event of your death. They could easliy have called it deathcare or death benefit but thats not as catchy is it lol. So Life Insurance is exempt, but lifecare is not life insurance, it is just another element in the PPI that insures your payments...covering the possible event of death.

Same difference between the accident element of the PPI and the Medicare. One insures YOU for accidents blah blah, the other insures your payments against the event and consequesnces of the accident (unable to pay).

I am aware of how HMRC are looking into every 'unnofficial' angle of raking in money and this is a legal tax....it is a bit of a stretch and then some to claim that your payments being insured in the event of your death is Life Insurance.

But like I said, letter going to HMRC and let them decide shall we :)

That's why the nice BM at my branch left and moved to a much better work environment.

I think it is a mixture of unhappy trained monkeys with some really sneaky sods at the top.

The branch managers don't survive in that environment for very long without obviously being sneaky manipulative bullies....if I ever get to update my thread I will show you how the BM at mine calculated the agreement SO sneaky its ridiculous....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks