Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im so confused about so much i dont know if im going backwards or forwards, all i know is i keep meeting myself in the middle. Im so lost on the NU,DG,welcome and issues of tax and payments made.

Just had them at the door!! We can give a payment break this month, for the car need a payment on the personal. Err.. no told you when I could pay.

Them....Due to the current financial situation blah blah .....

Me........yes with the situation with cattles and Welcome etc..

Them.... need a payment....

Me..........No I have informed you when I could pay.

Do not think that went down to well. Gave me a letter, did ask if it was costing me £25 laughed and said no.

First time of meeting this rep a nice person that I felt for. Do not shoot me for saying that.

I hope you are right but perhaps someone else can contact them and ask the appropriate questions - in case I am missing something

Milly I tried calling - no reply funny the mans answer machine doesn't say Mr X of Norwich Union.

Anyway I will try tomorrow however DG have seemingly decided to bend over backwards to prevent a disclosure request from the court

The question you need to ask is why did welcome not discharge the security when the first loan was cleared? and resubmit the charge? but more importantly they need to give the amount of the charge and details and any forms signed by you to allow the security, this is a requirement to support the charge...so therefore it effectively should have your loan number and dates on it. Get the charge certificate and see whats what, I'm waiting on mine, costs £16.00 but could be worth it if this doesn't stand up. Also it's easier to challenge charges in England, Scottish law is a bit more complicated...

I am not a legally minded person, just suggesting you get all the consumer info you are entitled too then take it to your lawyer. Follow this through as with secured loans this is where Welcome feel they hold the cards.

could you please explain what a charge certificate is and where i get this from

Milly I tried calling - no reply funny the mans answer machine doesn't say Mr X of Norwich Union.

Anyway I will try tomorrow however DG have seemingly decided to bend over backwards to prevent a disclosure request from the court

he didn't answer phone as NU either I had to ask if it was NU but I did check by going through NU switchboard. However they don't have extension numbers??? just direct dial numbersI am suspicious as it was direct group that gave us the number - hope you get him tomorrow and give him a good grilling Direct group would not give us info :)Anyway better go and get kids to bed (I am neglecting them) will catch up later

Evening all,

Here is a copy of my letter to CRC Complaints.

I will get these people to reply in writing if it kills me.....:shock:

Welcome Finance

Customer Relations Centre

PO BOX 335

1–3 Iridium Court

Hessle

HU13 9WA

March 24th 2009

For the attn: of xxxx xxxxx – Customer Accounts Manager – CRC- Complaints

Dear M/s xxxxx,

My earlier ref:COMP/xxxxx and my account no xxxxxxx

I am enclosing a copy of my letter dated today that I have sent to Mr xxxxx..

I had a phone conversation with a member of your staff at Feltham Branch recently and he informed me that providing I enter a DMP with CCCS then Welcome Finance will immediately “Freeze any interest or other charges being added to my account”.

Will you please coordinate with either Mr xxxxx at Crawley or the Manager at Feltham branch that I have a letter from your company stating that it will “Freeze any interest or other charges being added to my account”.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxx xxxxx

xx xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxx xxx

BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Hi Felixfly,

Now that is interesting.

I was promised over the phone, of course :rolleyes:, by Welcome that the only way that my interest and other charges can be frozen is if I enter a DMP with CCCS.

Hence this letter to them this morning together with my reduced monthly payment.

I have also forwarded a copy to their Customer Relations Centre at Hessle who I have already had dealings with.

The way to treat people like this is confirm everything in writing, play it straight down the line and then if it ever went to court, the district judge will see that I have done everything right and kept Welcome informed all the time of my financial situation.

See:

xxxx xxxxx

Welcome Finance

xxxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxx xxx

March 24th 2009

Re: Account Number: xxxxxxx

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Further to my letter to you dated March 4th 2009, I enclose my cheque for £xx.00 in respect of the March 2009 instalment. (My reduced monthly payment as detailed in the budget sheet prepared by the debt charity CCCS and sent to you with my letter dated February 9th 2009).

I have still not received any reply from you to my letters dated January 26th, February 9th, February 23rd and March 4th 2009 which were all sent by Recorded Delivery in which I asked for your company to “Freeze any interest or other charges being added to my account”.

All my other creditors have done so, in order that my indebtedness to them is reduced month by month.

Will you please reply to my letters and confirm in writing that Welcome Finance will “Freeze any interest or other charges being added to my account” if I agree to entering a Debt Management Plan with CCCS.

Yours sincerely

xxxx xxxxxxxx

xxxxx xxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

xxxx xxx

BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Copy to: Welcome Finance - Customer Relations Centre - Hessle

Hi Romulus04,

Very true but I am going back to the old ways now.

If you cannot afford it, you cannot have it.

Used to work for me once and it will have to work again.

It's a much nicer feeling to have saved for something than to have to pay double for it or more from people like Welcome.

Voda and those who can't pay will eventually opt for DMP's and IVA's which then results in no further borrowing thus making a viscious circle.

That's my thinking!

Just had them at the door!! We can give a payment break this month, for the car need a payment on the personal. Err.. no told you when I could pay.

Them....Due to the current financial situation blah blah .....

Me........yes with the situation with cattles and Welcome etc..

Them.... need a payment....

Me..........No I have informed you when I could pay.

Do not think that went down to well. Gave me a letter, did ask if it was costing me £25 laughed and said no.

First time of meeting this rep a nice person that I felt for. Do not shoot me for saying that.

Hey Pick is this your first visit? I'll be getting one of them no doubt! Dipply gave me some sound advise earlier look back through the posts it was this afternoon sometime and see if it fits your situation

Hi Romulus04,

Very true but I am going back to the old ways now.

If you cannot afford it, you cannot have it.

Used to work for me once and it will have to work again.

It's a much nicer feeling to have saved for something than to have to pay double for it or more from people like Welcome.

Decided that myself WF can go to wherever and back, and pick the car up, for what i care, just bought another for 2 of there months payments with 6mths mot

the door step visit is normal

end of the month and targets

In reply to that where is mine or has Dewsbury-219 shut down i havnt heard nothing from them for 3 weeks or Nottingham for that matter, i wonder!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks