Anyone heard of Alliance One in USA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had an American guy called Chuck ring and leave messages from Alliance One. I've sent them a CCA request for my Barclaycard. Mercers had originally sent letters and called. I had sent a CCA request to them also and had nothing back. Their 12 days + one month deadline date is the same as the date on the Alliance One letter! I haven't had any other calls or letters since I sent my CCA request - yet! The address in the UK from the correspondence I received is Alliance One Receivables Management Inc, c/o DO Group, PO Box 8743, 3 Phoenix Crescent, Bellshill ML4 3WU, telephone 0808 2348174, although I haven't called it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Catchleen,

I too recieved a formal demand letter this morning from

Alliance One Receivables Management Inc, c/o DO Group, PO Box 8743, 3 Phoenix Crescent, Bellshill ML4 3WU, telephone 0808 2348174

Also for a Barclaycard debt that was being dealt with by MERCERS on a token payment arrangement.

Pay immediately, cheques made payable to Barclaycard and return in enclosed envelope, WHAT ENVELOPE? nothing here and never been informed by MERCERS or BC that they were passing/selling it on to anyone else.

Anyone got any more advice regarding these new parasites.

Thanks

Alf

Hi Catchleen,

I too recieved a formal demand letter this morning from

Alliance One Receivables Management Inc, c/o DO Group, PO Box 8743, 3 Phoenix Crescent, Bellshill ML4 3WU, telephone 0808 2348174

Also for a Barclaycard debt that was being dealt with by MERCERS on a token payment arrangement.

Pay immediately, cheques made payable to Barclaycard and return in enclosed envelope, WHAT ENVELOPE? nothing here and never been informed by MERCERS or BC that they were passing/selling it on to anyone else.

Anyone got any more advice regarding these new parasites.

Thanks

Alf

Got a company reg number there at all ? The fact it has Inc. after its name could mean its an American company that isn't even registered in this country - and therefore are unable to collect monies I think..this is ala another USA company called FV-1 inc, which I believe has tried to collect on some HSBC debts.

Just hate every DCA out there

No pmhcfc, there is no company reg number on the letter and no signiture just

yours sincerely AllianceOne Receivables Management Inc

letter heading address

Footer address

1160 Centre Point Dr

Mendota Heights

Minnesota 55120

USA

So if they have no licence to collect in the UK what the hell are Barclaycard doing assigning them?

The last line of the letter being

If you do not make payment or phone use to reach an agreement within 7 days, we amy call upon you for repayment or commence action against you in the county court.

How the hell can they do anything if they are not even legally authorised to trade in the UK.

No pmhcfc, there is no company reg number on the letter and no signiture just

yours sincerely AllianceOne Receivables Management Inc

letter heading address

Footer address

1160 Centre Point Dr

Mendota Heights

Minnesota 55120

USA

So if they have no licence to collect in the UK what the hell are Barclaycard doing assigning them?

The last line of the letter being

If you do not make payment or phone use to reach an agreement within 7 days, we amy call upon you for repayment or commence action against you in the county court.

How the hell can they do anything if they are not even legally authorised to trade in the UK.

I'd never normaly condone ringing a DCA but in this case I would--Dial 141 first, then, without giving any personal details (no need to), I'd ask for their company number..I've had a dig around and can't find anything at companies house...Not sure they even have a right to collect hmmmmm

ROTFPMHO, sorry for laughing...but it seems as if these DCA's are on the run & want to move the 'goal-posts' in their favour!

It doesn't matter where their Reg office is, whether on Mars or Washington DC (not that it matters, because most of them aren't from the 'real' world). If they want to threaten to enact their 'rights?' in this country, they have to abide by our rules...so tell 'em..."Sue & be damned"!

They're one of mine with a Barclaycard.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/101162-diskmandave-barclaycard-x2.html

C/O DO Group,

PO Box 8743,

3 Phoenix Crescent,

Bellshill,

ML4 3WU.

Rederence: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

24 July 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to your recent letter.

You will be aware that as holders of a Consumer Credit Licence you are obliged to comply withthe Office of Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection. I would therefore be obliged if you would provide me with an explanation as to why you are attempting to collect on an alleged debt which was disputed with Barclaycard prior to your first contact with me, and has yet to be resolved. Since this is considered an unfair practice and contrary to the OFT guidelines, you should consider this letter as a formal complaint, and provide me with a copy of your complaint resolution procedure. I also require you to confirm that you will now comply with the OFT guidelines, and will not attempt any further collection activity whilst the dispute is unresolved.

Should you fail to provide me with the required undertaking within 7 days, I shall report your breach of the OFT guidelines to Trading Standards and complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Take notice that I will not discuss this matter on the telephone, and all further communication must be in writing. Any further telephone calls will be perceived as harassment, and dealt with accordingly.

Yours faithfully,

This letter worked a treat for me! :cool:

Best wishes, Dave.

There's no company reg number on my letter either - looks like the bog standard copy sent to everyone. I sent them a CCA request at the beginning of July and have not heard a thing from them since (or received a CCA).

I've just called the number and was told I'd be transferred to a live agent!!! Spoke to an american guy and asked for the co reg. but he didn't have it. He told me they worked for Barclays and surely a large organisation like Barclays would only deal with a co. that can trade in the UK!!! He said to call Barclaycard and get the co reg. from them as it was 4am... I'd love to know how much the call has cost ...

I rang them this morning. Please wait for a live agent. Got an amecican guy called Jack, quite a pleasant chap rearly, asked him if it was possible to have his employers UK company reg number, his said yeh no problem sir, gave it as 1026167. I pointed out that this number is Barclaycard, he said yes thats correct sir, my employer.

I said do you not work for AllianceOne then, he said no sir Barclaycard.

So thanked him for his assistance and hung up.

So don't know what these clowns B/C are up to now with these US based letters.

There's also a BIG question mark about your data being processed outside of the EU, if that's taking place :-|

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

This might just confuse the issue but I thought I recognised the Bellshill address.

I have just checked through some papers recently received from Scotcall Debt Collecting Services and the return address on the back of their envelope is also PO BOX 8743, Bellshill. ML4 3WU.

Never judge a man until you climb into his skin and walk a mile in his shoes

I would refer this to the OFT, with the question are these companies registered consumer credit license holders.

i would also refer it to companies house, since they are a company that has failed to include its registered address and company number on stationary... a criminal offence.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Just come across this on the DO GROUP - from their web site

Contact Us

Document Outsourcing Limited

Document House

3 Phoenix Crescent

Strathclyde Business Park

Bellshill

ML4 3NJ

Debt Management - Financial Services

DOL assists a number of large Debt Recovery companies in the recovery of unpaid bills and debts. In this application area, timeliness is truly linked to money. Receipt of a demand letter by the debtor is directly linked to how quickly a recovery company receives funds for its clients. We have developed a number of standard applications that allow

• Quick and ready establishment of standard letters for the clients of Debt Recovery companies
  • High impact letters using highlight colour
  • Gone Away processing
  • Correspondence Handling
  • On-line web-enabled archiving
  • Postal Savings

Never judge a man until you climb into his skin and walk a mile in his shoes

Just come across this on the DO GROUP - from their web site

Contact Us

Document Outsourcing Limited

Document House

3 Phoenix Crescent

Strathclyde Business Park

Bellshill

ML4 3NJ

Debt Management - Financial Services

DOL assists a number of large Debt Recovery companies in the recovery of unpaid bills and debts. In this application area, timeliness is truly linked to money.

All this lot do is produce letters for DCA's - they have nothing to do with the collecting of debts etc.

I would refer this to the OFT, with the question are these companies registered consumer credit license holders.

i would also refer it to companies house, since they are a company that has failed to include its registered address and company number on stationary... a criminal offence.

Yeah- good shout tom ... Why not Ring Companies House ? They are really helpful and will point you in the right direction we what you should do.

Contact Us

Definately dodgy that people in US are doing stuff with your data - that's naughty, naughty.

Can someone clarify a point made in these letters from AllianceOne.

"We act as agents for Barclays Bank PLC trading as Barclaycard"

So would I be correct in assuming that they are no different to MERCERS. They are collectors and DO NOT own the debt?

Maybe the reason Barclayshark didn't bother to inform anyone they had sold the debt on because they haven't?

Thanks Folks.

Can someone clarify a point made in these letters from AllianceOne.

"We act as agents for Barclays Bank PLC trading as Barclaycard"

So would I be correct in assuming that they are no different to MERCERS. They are collectors and DO NOT own the debt?

Maybe the reason Barclayshark didn't bother to inform anyone they had sold the debt on because they haven't?

Thanks Folks.

Yes. but they still need a consumer credit license, to act as agents on a consumer credit debt.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Alliance One do have a credit licence. I rang and checked at the time of the call.

They are not a UK company but they use an address in the UK for post. It is used by several other debt collectors. I do not think you have to be a UK company to be operating in the UK. However I think there may be a problem with data processing but I do not know enough about it. Can anyone enlighten me please?

i've had the same standard letter & have sent a cca request, heard nothing back yet. they still keep phoning on an international number, so i've started taking the call and then leaving them to hang on whilst i try & find myself:)

If AllianceOne do have a credit licence why do they fail to include

their registered address and company number on stationary... a criminal offence.

I have contacted company house about this, looking in to it but that was as far as it got, heard nothing since. Mind you not heard anthing from AllianceOne since I told them to bog off and put everything in writing.

But I'm sure there up to something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Received a letter from AllianceOne again this morning, same address on the letter

c/o DO Group, PO Box 8743, 3 Phoenix Crescent, Bellshill ML4 3WU, telephone 0808 234 8174

But address on back of the envelope is PO BOX 26206, Hamilton, ML3 0WD. Don't know if anyone recognises that.

Any way they say

"Our client has autorised us to reduce the balance of your over due account by 30%" This is over £2000 reduction.

Now why would Barclaycard do that?

they state "Upon receipt and clearance of you payment, we will not pursue you for the remaining balance and treat your debt as partialy settled. Your account will be considered closed and our clients records will be updated accordingly. As long as you haven't made other arragements to repay this dept, you are eligable for this offer"

They want payment by Credit Card or Cheque, payable to Barclaycard, sent to B/C payment dept in Bolton. So I don't think this bunch have bought the dept.

I did CCA Mercers back in May and received nothing. Wrote to them and B/C again complaining, still heard nothing. Never said they were handing the account to this AllianceOne bunch and have stopped sending statements.

The letter ends

"contact us on the following number 0808 234 8174 to speak to an adviser".

And of course no signiture or name.

Would you say this is a last ditch attempt to recover monies due to them not have a correctly executed CCA or just further futile attempt to get me to telephone them?

Any thoughts or advise please