Diskmandave-vs-Barclaycard (x2) (Now with Cabot).

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ohh dear!!! 2 letters off Barclaycard saying I haven't paid them for six months!

And that i've got 7 days to bring up the arrears or face the wrath of a DCA! (Wonder who that'll be then?!)

In the same post as my B/Scty statement which shows it as paid... :D

Just cranking up the scanner for tomorrow night then!

Excellent opportunity for a CCA on two 10 year old agreements I think...

templar-m.jpg

• Haha 1

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think you get the "we only need to keep agreements for 6 years" letter Dave? Or the "we seem to have mislaid the copy of the agreement, but rest assured it will be in our system somewhere" letter?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I really wouldn't like to guess! Having read loads of BC's threads they'll prob's send a rubbish 'fische copy of an application. Off work after tomorrow 'til Monday so lots of time for fun & 'phone calls! (And a few Cheeky Vimto's:D)

DMD,

There's something strange about those Barclaycard letters - they have a Barclaycard logo at the top , but refer to 'our clients'.. Also the fax number is a Liverpool number, with a Northampton address.

is this a DCA pretending to be Barclaycard?

Or ban it so we can't do it in an enclosed public place.

It'll be a year stopped for me in 3 weeks! :D From 100 a day too! :eek:

Letter gone this afternoon.

Bought a new box file this afternoon too! All the letters from my special friends have burst the old one!!

DMD,

There's something strange about those Barclaycard letters - they have a Barclaycard logo at the top , but refer to 'our clients'.. Also the fax number is a Liverpool number, with a Northampton address.

is this a DCA pretending to be Barclaycard?

It does seem strange, but if you Google Earth NN4 1ZR it instantly shows a monumentally sized building which is probably Barclaycard House, Brackmills.

My special friends (RW&C) address on their correspondence is Carolina Way, Salford but Trading Standards have confirmed to me that the postcode is just a postal drop which is redirected to Mount Street in Manchester!

I stopped worrying about these kind of shinanigins years ago! It's about the end result now, ;)

Regards, Dave.

Dave - just check section 351 or the companies act I dont have it to hand right now but I am sure they are in berach of it, simply, that it has to be an address that legal documetns can go to - also the fax number is a Liverpool one.

SFx

Probably teaching you to suck eggs!!

Honey it is only just section 351 re registered addresses I will hunt around for the info, and wording dont want you to have too much Cheecky Vimto - a drink my husband is recent convert to!! - now coming the cocktail of choice for the VW Camper seen!!!

SFx

Q24 What rules cover Company Stationery?

From 1 January 2007, the Companies Act 1985 as amended requires the company's name[1] to appear legibly in:

(a) all its business letters,

(b) all its notices and other official publications,

© on all its websites,

(d) all bills of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements, cheques, orders for money or goods purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company, and

(e) all bills of parcels, invoices, receipts, letters of credit.

In addition, the company's business letters, order forms and websites have to include[2]fuller particulars, i.e.

1. the company's place of registration and the number with which it is registered,

(b) the address of its registered office,

© in the case of an investment company[3], the fact that it is such a company, and

(d) in the case of a limited company exempt from the obligation to use the word "limited" as part of its name[4], the fact that it is a limited company.

All these requirements apply whether the document is in hard copy or electronic or any other form.

[1]Section 349, Companies Act 1985.

[2]Section 351, Companies Act 1985.

[3]As defined in Section 266, Companies Act 1985.

[4]Either because it meets the requirements in Section 30(2) of the Companies Act 1985 or because it is an unregistered company to which Section 351 of the Companies Act 1985 applies by virtue of its Section 718 or because it is a community interest company which is not a public company (see section 351(1)(d) of the Companies Act 1985, as amended by the CAICE Act 2004).

Any help if you need a direct number for Companies House PM me!!

SFx

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update...

Not signed for CCA original letter, however my building society inform me today that the cheque for £2 (2x£1) was claimed on 10/07/07.

Already sent duplicate letter, exact copies of first with DUPLIATE stamped across them to their head office address which was signed for on 10/07/07.

Sit back & wait!

Just another little update!

Letter from building society today informing cheque claimed & cleared to Barclaycard on 10/07/07.

So clock is ticking with 12+2.

Default - 20th July

Offence - 21st August

Tick tock............

When will they learn not to p!ss about not signing for letters and thinking we'll just go away...??!!!