Carphone warehouse/Talk Talk;Have you been a victim ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cancelled the contract in writing within the 7 days and they say they didnt recieve the letter, they obviously know we arent using the phone because they cancelled the sim from day 1.

My second letter they say was recieved to late to late to cancel, yet I had another cw person saying that I could cancel it over the phone and to just take the phone back to the shop which we did and they wouldnt take it.

It is unbelievable what has gone on but my o/h is waiting for them to take him to court now

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking him to court is the least of his problems. He will be defaulted on his credit file which has far greater consequences that a piddling court dispute! As you've done nothing wrong, to let things slide will come back to haunt you, especially if you plan to get a mortgage or credit cards. After-the-event, nobody will accept it wasn't his fault, so you'd better convince him otherwise.

have just read Linsis thread and my story is very similar am being cahrged for a phone which i have returned and have tonight had a cried company on the phone for an unpaid bill with 02. E2save have promised to pay the cessation fee with o2 but this isn't happening. At the moment i feel i have to pay it off just to keep me credit file clean!!!

My wife was cold called and persuaded to taking an account. 18 months later when she tried to cancel because we were moving her shop she was told that what she was doing was illegal and she would go to jail!!! It seems they sold her a domestic account when the address was a shop!!

Not our fault. Anyway they said they were recording the call so I have sent them a subject access request for the recording by recorded delivery- we're still waiting a response.

In the meantime my wife spoke to a local bank employee who had a text saved on his mobile from a TT representative which contained several four letter words!!! This company are outrageous!!

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

Since she would have signed up as a representative of her business, the only restrictions on the way she operated her account were those imposed by the supplier, therefore there was nothing 'illegal' and as for going to jail... these brain-dead droids just open their mouths and...

As for recording the call, this probably was another lie. You don;t have any right to an audio recording, a transcript is deemed acceptable, but they've already buried themselves, so it is unlikely anything more will transpire. None of this alters the fact she's giving notice of termination - ensure this is done in writing and sent by recorded delivery.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!My tale of woe is similar, if different, and i'll try to keep it short.I was with BT [line rental], but on free evening/weekend calls with TalkTalk/carphone warehouse. My ISP was with Orange, who suddenly cancelled my broadband account, without notification on 17th May 2007.Whilst whirling around for several months trying different ISPs, one of these was TalkTalk/Carphone warehouse, who offered their package. On 21 June, i agreed to this package but cancelled it on the same day, by phone, quoting the order number.After trying 2 more ISPs, who could not set up broadband for some unexplained 'technical' reason, i finally agreed to a full telephony and broadband service package with another provider, which began on 17th August 2007. I had also cancelled the all remaining service provision with TalkTalk, prior to this date, which left me in a panic to get a service provider, including line rental, as somehow during the confusion, TalkTalk/carphone warehouse had taken this over from BT.Unfortunately, and to my surprise, i received a bill from TalkTalk dated 6th August 2007. This included line rental and extras for the period 8th August - 7th September 2007. I contacted TalkTalk immediately and it was agreed that i would only pay half the bill, for line rental and telephone calls made up to 17th August.On 10th October 2007, I received another bill for telephone services/calls made, from TalkTalk, for the period 1st September - 30 September 2007.Needless to say I am annoyed and confused as to how I can possibly be paying for a service twice: to TalkTalk/Carphone warehouse and to my existing, confirmed ISP/telephony/line rental provider.Any suggestions as to what I can do to sort this mess out?

I took court action against TalkTalk Telecom Limited on 30th May 2007 and their dragging feet has resulted in it just now reaching settlements.

I am also assisting somebody else to take Court action against them.

(MARTIN3030; I think you mean Otelo, not FOS as FOS is for financial services only.)

I have registered the domain "TalkTalkSucks.com" and together with a friend am launching a service to assist people to sue TalkTalk Telecom Limited. I want them to have hundreds of cases on their desks every day! I will be starting a forum at www.TalkTalkSucks.com to discuss their terrible service. Also, am intending to launch a few other sites against other major crappy service providers. People who have ideas please PM me.

I will not lie, I intend to make some money off this, BUT, most of it is moral as I really now have a personal vendetta against TalkTalk. I am also looking for people to volunteer to design a logo for the site "TalkTalkSucks".

Any ideas, please PM me and may the rot in hell!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Similar problem with Talk Talk

Always paid them by DD on a set date at the end of the month (29th) to coincide with payday

When we changed to a different call plan they changed our direct debit date without informing us and started to take money suddenly on the 23rd of every month before payday causing us financial problems

When we first phoned them they said they would put the date back but never did, so we eventually cancelled the DD as they were sending us round in circles on their so-called help lines.

Today we got a letter informing us we will incur additional charges of £3.50/month if not paying by DD and to put a DD back in place

The letter states if we were not happy with the DD date we could just file a direct debit mandate and then pay by card over the phone instead every month and no charge would be incurred. confused.gif

How on earth do they work that one out ? Just for placing a mandate on their system they won't charge me the £3.50 ? Why can't I simply pay by phone every month WITHOUT having a mandate on the system ? But in that case I would get charged £3.50 extra

If they are claiming these charges are for processing the payment, then they have just shot themselves in the foot. Because the processing would be the same for them in either of the above scenarios (payment by card over the phone), the only difference being their system having a DD mandate.

I can only pay the bill at the end of the month as I have been done for ages.

I wonder whether they will now whop on late payment charges etc as well.

This is the first month without the DD in place and I will phone them tomorrow to make payment, but I am outraged at this

• 2 weeks later...
I am extremely fed up of hearing daily these stories of overbilling,disconnections/long waiting periods for re-connections after bill payment has been made/Costly charges being made for speaking to their overseas call centres/lack of response to reported problems/Their excuses of teething problems with the Vista programme and countless other complaints.

If you have been a victim of any of these then please give brief details here and I will contact you.

I hope to gather enough info to submit a mass complaint to both the F.O.S and Offcom.

I believe I have been a victim. here are the details.

I don't know even where to begin. I renewed my contract with O2 on the 20th of September 2006 and was told I would get a cheque for £90 within 28 days.

Here we are, over a year later and still no cheque.

I finally got sick of calling up and wrote a letter at the beginning of October. They replied apologising and saying they have reissued the cheque and also £10 for 'goodwill' and I would recieve it within 28 days. Needless to say, I haven't.

I called up again and the guy I spoke to told me that it was meant to be 2 £45 cheques not one £90 and that because of my account conduct I was not entitled to the first one and wouldn't get the second until the end of my contract.

With regards to my account conduct, he is right, my bill hasn't been paid on time since the offer but believe me, that is not my fault. I changed my account and therefore my direct debit details changed. I called them up every single month until this month to get them to change it and every time they told me they had. I only found out when my phone would get cut off the following month that they hadn't done it. I finally went in to the shop and done it this month and it has now been set up.

But to make matters worse, they don't even have any record or notes of me calling up EVERY month for a year to change my direct debit details. I am livid. He is getting someone to call me back but this isn't good enough.

I have already complained but since this hasn't helped what should I do next? I want to take it to the next level, I am so angry.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm one of the people who have been stupid enough to get robbed by TT, they've been charging me for broadband at £10.00 + Vat per month since Jan 2007, after telling me that my exchange was not free. Of course I found out that they were lying! I'm just strating the uphill battle to put them in their place, any advice?

Its not actually TalkTalk that get that money, its BT because they charge more for broadband in exchanges that do not have upgraded equipment. Wouldnt it just be easier fo TalkTalk just to give you the free Broadband if they could, i think they would.

Then they can lie to you and deny they did at a later date. If you tell them you are recording the call they usually put the phone down.

i dont believe this for a second, all the calls are automatically recorded from the minute you enter the queue, even before you speak to someone on the phone you are recorded during the music while you talk in the background on hold. You could ask them to listen to your call if you had the time and incoming number and they would.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm wondering if you can help me. I had a contract with E2Save which was up for renewal. I then got a letter from the Carphone Warehouse asking me to upgrade with them and to call them.

I called them and spoke to someone who offered me a deal - 800 mins & 1000 texts for £20 a month for 18 months. I said I would call him back and let him know.

When I called back I spoke to someone else. I told him the upgrade that I wanted but he told me that I shouldn't go for that upgrade. He told me that I should go for 600 mins & 1000 texts. He told me to go for this and then call him on his direct line in 1 months time to upgrade to 800 mins & 1000 texts. He told me that if I do this I would get 12 months free line rental & 6 months at half price with redemptions. I clarified with him that this would mean that I would only end up paying 6 months at half price - which would equal £120 - with the redemptions as the contract was for £40 a month. He confirmed that this was correct.

In a months time I called his direct dial to up my tariff to the 800 mins, but when I called his direct dial it just rung & rung and then went to answerphone. I left a message for him to ring me back, but wanted to up my tariff as 600 mins was not enough for me, so rung the customer services instead.

They told me that the deal that he offered me was non existent and they don't know why he said it. They told me that they would up my tariff but I would be getting 800 mins & 1000 texts for £40 a month with 12 months free line rental, not with the 6 months half price on top that he offered me. I told them that this was not good enough so they said they would hand it to the 'escalations team' and get back to me within 72 hours.

That was over a month ago. Since then I have rung them 7 times, each time having to re-explain the situation again and being passed to several different phone monkeys without anyone giving me an answer. The last call I had was just now, where they told me they would hand the situation over to the 'escalations team' and get back to me within 72 hours!

One of the phone calls I had I spoke to a very helpful person who told me that the call was never recorded (what a surprise).

I have since written to the High Level Complaints, who have not even responded to tell me that they have received the letter. I have been told to email C Dunstone, but I do not know if this is worth it or if I should just wait for a response? Do I have a leg to stand on seeing as they never recorded the call? Please help! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk Talk is seriously ****!

I had a contract for Broadband and even though I was paying the full price since the beginning, they took 6 months to connect me with the "Free Broadband Forever" they advertise!

They also charged me more than they should and took 5 months to refund me the money.

I finally had it with them and cancelled the contract.....they kept sending me bills for months!

After loads of stress, threats for court actions and phone calls they gave up the tricks.

Nightmare!!!!

Well just to let anyone who's interested know that I sent the email to CDuntone. I had to send it twice before I got a response telling me that I would hear from someone within 3 working days. A week later I received a letter telling me that they had listened to my original call - even though I had already been told that it was not recorded - and they agree that I was miss sold a contract. They have told me that they have refunded the difference by putting a credit on my next bill of the amount I was disputing - £120. The direct debit comes out on 20th so will find out then if they have refunded it!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is actually a Talk Talk problem, but...

My mum has been with them for over a year and, other than delays in getting set up initially, all has been ok. About 3 weeks ago her internet connection went down. 2 weeks ago we discovered that her phone number had been changed. Instead of 0999-999-1234 the number was 0999-999-5678 and the name on the new number was that of her upstairs neighbour.

Multiple phone calls to Talk Talk failed to elicit a solution, with the call centre staff insisting that she had cancelled her account, which she had not. Some staff suggested she had been 'slammed'. When asked why they had not written to her asking her if she had agreed to change providers (which is common with most utilities suppliers) none of them could explain why they had not, if slamming is so common.

TT then claimed that BT were responsible for the problem as they had disconnected her number and connected the other account in its place; since my mum was no longer a TT customer TT staff could not help and suggested calling BT.

Call BT. No account in mum's name. Not a surprise. Gave them the other number which is currently connected to mum's house - sorry, we can't speak to you about that due to data protection. You need to speak to TT.

Call TT. You aren't our customer any more...

Round and round and round and round...

So far I've spent several hours trying to sort this, but I feel I'm finally getting somewhere. IMO, if you have a telecoms problem phone Ofcom sooner rather than later. It wasn't until I spoke to them that I was able to get hold of someone at TT who was actually interested in resolving the complaint. Up until then I spent my time in an endless circuit of fob-offs, refusals to escalate the complaint and a basic unwillingness to help based on the fact that mum was "no longer a customer".

BT haven't been any better, promising to sort stuff 'within 24 hours' 7 days ago; promising to return calls but failing.

The biggest PITA has been the telephone queueing system though. I've lost count of the times I've been cut off or transferred to the back of a queue or, worse still, spoken to someone, explained the problem (again) provided loads of details to be put through to someone who can help, explained the problem (again), been put on hold while they speak to another department but instead of being put on hold being bumped back into the queue to speak to the same overseas call centre I called in the first place!

It goes dial-hold-give details-hold-explain problem-give more details-hold-refuse to accept attempt to fob off and insist on transfer to other dept-hold (for ages now!)-give details-explain problem-give more details-hold-be transferred back into first queue etc etc ad infinitum. BT and TT are just as bad.

Can i ask advice my bills is very high so changed to talk 3 just changed banks and when i changed to talk 3 also changed d/d now been charged 3.50 for admin as they said no d/d set up ,but my bank showed it had.rang yesterday and told them. now instead of £29.89 to pay i have got to pay£54.39 that includes charges for talk 3 for next month is this correct.

Hi Martin,

I just put this thread up in the Broadband section. Thought it may be of interest to you. Also about to PM you cos I'm hoping you may be able to help me....

Cheers

Prelim letter to HBOS -- 15/01/08

LBA to HBOS -- 30/01/08

Complaint to OFT Re: HBOS -- 30/01/08

I'm a professional journalist. If you would like to talk in confidence about your experiences, please feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I will never deal with the carphone warehouse again and make sure that I warn everyone I know to avoid having anything to do with them at all.

They are totally incompetant, lack any technical skills and the helpdesk cannot even communicate in basic English.

They left me with ADSL that was unreliable & slow, plus my landline just cut off after so many seconds in use.

Avoid them at all cost, it will prolong your lifespan due to reduced stress & anxiety !

• 4 weeks later...

my mom also signed to tt who said take out the full telephone package and they will provide her with the broadband free yeh right after phone calls letters and nearly 10 months it acually happened she told them shr was going to seek legal advice thats when they changed there tune and got it connected she is nearing the end of her contract now which she has only had a few months use out of it

• 2 weeks later...

In the past few months I have experienced:

lost/delayed messages (1471)

hours wasted with incompetent staff

line restricted when we stopped payment in protest while refusing to act

all incoming calls were forwarded to department in an attempt to collect payment

frequest disruption of services

line dead on frequent occasions. even 999 didn't work!

total failure to supply broadband

other stuff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya all

just thought i would alert you to my dilemma with talk talk

Ive been given a mac code to give to orange for my broadband and im out of contract with talk talk, they have given me the same mac code twice and its invalid when orange try and register me.

ive complained to talk talk all this week, last conversation with someone who promised to get me a new number as the one i had definately didnt work, had been telling them this all week, even though they insisted it was oranges fault!!!

Anyway this conversation i had with the last guy was thursday and he still hasnt called me back, even though id already complained to ofcom.

Ofcom had recommended i told them to cease my service which would mean i would without broadband for a week, this would enable them to contact bt to remove any tags on my line.

Now i will wait until tomorrow if he doesnt call me will call ofcom again and alert them and get them involved in this shambles. Or should i just go to the media, cant believe im the only in the country experiencing this problem?

Will update you ciao for now have fun weekend MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks