Carphone warehouse/Talk Talk;Have you been a victim ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it just your broadband you moved from TT? or both Phone and BB? whatever it is TT has an online billing and you can login and see what the £12 is for, if your details still work.

All this writing letters will just prolong matters, communicate by email - much faster response and you'll know where you stand - I gave you an email address earlier use it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice, for the sake of £12 do not risk a stain on your credit file. Pay them then take whatever action you like to claim it back.

Even though you dispute the amount or have not had an explanation of what the bill is for, non-payment can still have a blight on your credit file for 6 years!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

My advice, for the sake of £12 do not risk a stain on your credit file. Pay them then take whatever action you like to claim it back.

Even though you dispute the amount or have not had an explanation of what the bill is for, non-payment can still have a blight on your credit file for 6 years!

Thanks you for your concern locutus regarding have blight on my credit file and all the kind advice from other posters..as I am over 65, almost blind and riddled with arthritis... I do not think any lenders would be jumping to give me credit...LOL

It outrageous that these unscrupulous organisations who have got control of people day-to-day lives really used their clout to get money from people even though they know that that they are in wrong and are getting away with it. It is just the with banks and CRA abnd MP's all in each other pockets and now it seems that telephone companies and broadband companies are no better :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a letter back from customers services stating that no compensation will be paid as I decieded to leave them before they got time to fix my problem. Also, they had only got notiice of leaving them on 16 December.

Considering that I got my modem from my new provider 12 December on the basis that I would be connected on 16 therefore that statment from TT is not correct.

Also yesterday got another demend from TT for their sum of £12 that say I owe, for what???? Asked them the question, what I owe the money for, but got no reply back for that question.

Aslo, as well yesterday, I got a letter from a debt collectors (Roxburgh) saying that I own now over 3 times the amout of mention above. I will compile an anwer to them over the weekend as soon as I get over the shock of the cheek of this organisation. Where are they coming from... Considering I had not broadband for 2 months what is this charge for...I have asked them this question so many time but they refused to anwer me that specific question. Any replies to what I should put in the reply would be grately appreciated.:mad:

The difference in the cost is THEIR markup to chase you. You don't think they's do it for nothing do you?

Incidentally, if you do not use their services (by responding to them) you're not liable for any costs they incur, so I wouldn't bother dealing with the monkeys.

What I WOULD do, is check your credit file - as it is vitally important in any negotiations with TT you see what is there, and get it amended/removed as part of the negotiation process whilst it is all 'fresh'.

Thanks for that reply Buzby, I have not responded to them but they have started to phone me. Today I was unlucky and pick up the phone and as soon as it siad that this ia an automated call from the blood hounds I put the phone down. It said that I was on their automatice call serices.

Will respond to TT next week and although I paid the penulitmate bill. I stop my direct with them, as I was supposed to have a new supplier by mid december but the new provider said that it was TT that was stopping them proceeding with my connection.

In TT reply to me they said that I did not give them time to correct my fault as I had decided to leave them before they could do so... And also they were only aware of me leaving them on 17 december. Therefore, on that basic they had over 5 week to fix my broadband. That is the reason they giving me for paying me compesatation.

I was without broadbrand for almost 2 months. All I am asking for is a final bill and what it is for but instead of letting me have this they decided to give it to a DCA what a shower to say the least:mad:

I am extremely fed up of hearing daily these stories of overbilling,disconnections/long waiting periods for re-connections after bill payment has been made/Costly charges being made for speaking to their overseas call centres/lack of response to reported problems/Their excuses of teething problems with the Vista programme and countless other complaints.

If you have been a victim of any of these then please give brief details here and I will contact you.

I hope to gather enough info to submit a mass complaint to both the F.O.S and Offcom.

hi martin i had my business line transferred to TT.They messed up all my orders,converted my multi line to single line, i complained and asked for my line to be transferred back to BT because the multi line is essential to my business.TT tried to charge me £90 to have the line connected, i refused.BT can't take over the line 'cause TT cancelled my service i've been without a line now 10days.apparently i have to wait for 14 days before BT can activate the line 'cause i need to keep same no. really affecting my income.I run a minicab office.I'll really like to take them to court for loss of earnings and breach of contract.I'm losing a lot of business.Any advice needed urgengly pls

I have to say, entrusting TT with your lifeline was really foolish. They cannot cope with business customers, and don't have 'reasonable' compensation packages. They sit on BT's coat tails to cream off revenues, and give very little in return (as long as you only want to make a few calls and are not fussy).

Before you go dow the breach of contract route, you'll probably find you do not have a commercial (business) arrangement, but are a residential customer, as no service guarantees apply. You'll need to refer to the agreement they provided.

BT's Business Services, whilst expensive on the face of it, are excellent as it their levels of compensation when things go wrong. You really get what you pay for.

• 5 months later...

i try to complaint about talk talk by theirs contact us form, but always my mail was going to different department so they ask me to write letter to theirs corespondents teem in southampton, i did it ant never got answer.

i was victim

on February was moving home, i ask talk talk to move my account to new address,

after 2 didn't do nothing so i call again to open new account and close old one,

some time later they open new account but old was still alive

call to cancel old account - nothing

received bill on may for 99 from old account- call them again

they closed but my new open account

open new account with completely different number

i received bill of 156 but 116 was for contact breakage fee

i received bill of 146 where 69.99 was one of charge new lane fee and 20 for international calls when i should get same plan as on previous account closed by error where i had international calls free and rest was for talk talk pro plan where i should had chipper service my talk talk

what should i do with them?

do you have any contact details for them where sent complain letter?

I have no legal training, I'm based on my own personal experiences.

I moved house in April 2010 and it took them 10/11 weeks to transfer my service to my new address. When it was connected I discovered they had put me on a new 18 month contract which gave me a much lesser service than I was on.(they still wanted to charge me the £29.99 transfer fee) I complained to the office in Warrington and eventually got them put me on a 12 month contract, similar to what I previously had and thought that was it. During my 10 week wait I had 4 letters from them but it was only on the 5th I discovered they altered my existing contract without informing me of their intention.

They phoned me 2 days ago to tell me I had not paid my bill. I agreed it was not paid as I had not received a bill. The chap asked me to pay £18.92 over the phone with a credit card or he could set up a DD for me on the spot. I refused both his offersand requested he send me a bill that day and I would arrange to make the payment as soon as it was received. He said he would do that but the bill he would be sending would be for around £200, he knew that the amount was not right but said just pay the £18.92 when you get this bill. I told him I thought it would be a better idea if he would send me a bill for the correct amount to avoid any more confusion.Nothing simple of straightforward about the way the conduct business. I have kept copies of the correspondence from them.

I am still waiting for the bill. Hope they don't cut me off in the meantime

I moved house in April 2010 and it took them 10/11 weeks to transfer my service to my new address. When it was connected I discovered they had put me on a new 18 month contract which gave me a much lesser service than I was on.(they still wanted to charge me the £29.99 transfer fee) I complained to the office in Warrington and eventually got them put me on a 12 month contract, similar to what I previously had and thought that was it. During my 10 week wait I had 4 letters from them but it was only on the 5th I discovered they altered my existing contract without informing me of their intention.

They phoned me 2 days ago to tell me I had not paid my bill. I agreed it was not paid as I had not received a bill. The chap asked me to pay £18.92 over the phone with a credit card or he could set up a DD for me on the spot. I refused both his offersand requested he send me a bill that day and I would arrange to make the payment as soon as it was received. He said he would do that but the bill he would be sending would be for around £200, he knew that the amount was not right but said just pay the £18.92 when you get this bill. I told him I thought it would be a better idea if he would send me a bill for the correct amount to avoid any more confusion.Nothing simple of straightforward about the way the conduct business. I have kept copies of the correspondence from them.

I am still waiting for the bill. Hope they don't cut me off in the meantime

Have been struggling with TalkTalk since April,offered 2 free months, 6 months @ half price,confirmation emails etc etc, none of which has happened.

Sent duplicate letter to Charles Bunson(?) & 'Customer Relations, Birmingham - asinine reply from Bmgham directing me back to 'Retentions' - the failed department already informed of! Have told them that I, as customer, will be stopping DD Aug & Sept;will set up standing order for half price for 6 months promised, pay full amount for Apr/May/June when 18 months will be up & I will change provider - good idea????

Was this morning hunting for Evesham Street phone no. - still not got, thinking of going down there..........

Please add me to mass complaint when you inform FOS If anyone can join me @ Evesham Street............

What does the FOS have to do with TalkTalk? Ofcom is the place for a mass complaint about a telecoms company IMO (and I still think they're somewhat a toothless qango!)

Your idea of paying by SO only for the amount you think you owe could get you into hot water as they record payment details with credit reference agencies and if you don't pay the bill in full it can have a very adverse effect on trying to gain credit (even if you dispute the bills accuracy!)

I'd suggest trying their member forum as the people on there seem to talk sense (The TalkTalk Members Forums) Or google their "Code of practice" and follow their complaints procedure set out there.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

OFCOM don't deal with consumer complaints. They had a stab at making soothing noises before passing it on to one of the two arbitratin services, but due to cutbacks they simply acknowledge and do nothing. Also, as much of their income to operate was to come from 'fines' they've not been getting much of that either...

Many thanks Locutus (love the name!)

High Level complaints in Stevenage, for whom you need a complaint number, gave me an address in Birmingham to whom I have sent a copy of my letter to Charles Benson. Pointless reply received today,

No reply from Registered ofice.

Will now send copies to the Southampton & Portal Way addresses in Code of Practice - plenty of ammunition there! eg "Committed to giving outstanding service"!

I am the generation to whom 'Hire Purchase' is anathema & do not take out loans, & cant afford them on a pension, so not at all worried about my credit rating! Having the extra money every month is a bigger priority. I will hold fire whilst |I try & contact the other Directors of Customer Operations..........

W3 was my old stamping ground in London, so could happily visit there, & Stevenage if neccessary, as I worked there too - love the personal touch, they often dont know how to handle it.

You're thinking of Charles Dunstone, however he is nothing to to with the telecomms side, so will be a bit of a distraction. CW plan to sell off the TT arm and I gather are at an advanced stage in doing so. As for visiting them in person, if it costs you money - don;t bother, the chances of you meeting face to face with anyone that can help is slim to negligible.

I think you may be right about Dunstone. However, as I have friends in Stevenage & W3 I can visit easily.

Was told the Chief Exec of Halifax Building was 'in & out of the building' when I had a mortgage problem. I replied that as it was half term , I would arrive with a thick book, plenty of crosswords & knitting, & would wait for him to pop by.......at which point I was immediately put through to his second in command, & my problem was solved!

Often it is the threat of a personal appearance that shifts the log jam, & I do enjoy trying it & making them squirm.

I do wonder, reading so many complaints, whether we have informed Watchdog/Rip-Off Britain etc and the press? My brother was a sub editor on the Express, & often just the mention of publicity frightened them into a response!

I shall not be giving up, & very much value everyone's input on this site - always strength in n umbers.

I think you may be right about Dunstone. However, as I have friends in Stevenage & W3 I can visit easily.

Was told the Chief Exec of Halifax Building was 'in & out of the building' when I had a mortgage problem. I replied that as it was half term , I would arrive with a thick book, plenty of crosswords & knitting, & would wait for him to pop by.......at which point I was immediately put through to his second in command, & my problem was solved!

Often it is the threat of a personal appearance that shifts the log jam, & I do enjoy trying it & making them squirm.

I do wonder, reading so many complaints, whether we have informed Watchdog/Rip-Off Britain etc and the press? My brother was a sub editor on the Express, & often just the mention of publicity frightened them into a response!

I shall not be giving up, & very much value everyone's input on this site - always strength in n umbers.

I have to admit to being a little naughty in the past and asking for their press relations department as this is being looked into by "Don't get done get Dom" ;) (that was o2, and that worked a treat like your knitting and crosswords :p) Although I have to say these shows are not to be taken seriously as the bad press doesn't really hit them that hard... when all is said and done all telecoms suppliers are as bad as each other. Some have good points and some have bad, but I'd say they're all about even. The trick is finding the ones with bad points that don't bother you and excel in the area that matters most to you, for me I want a cheap phone line so TalkTalk it is (for now... BT line rental (as I want a new line installing as the current one is in the wrong place) and plus.net is drawing me in right now but I don't want to get locked into any sort of commitment :lol:)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I have found that an email to the right person can often help.

The person that may be able to help with TT problems is Dido Harding, she is the husband of the minister for sport, who incidentley sits on the telecoms parlimentry commitee, but more importantly she is the CEO of TT

She can often be contacted at [email protected]

Interesting fact No1. She used to be a proffessional jockey !

Hi Martin

I have been having problems with Talk Talk since April. I tried to take over a number from a previous owner and in the end wasn't able to. They set up a direct debit from my account and paid it into the account of the previous owner. They have now changed the name on the account(which I cancelled) to mine, which they said they couldn't do, and now tell me there is no record of the transaction so won't give me my money back! They now have sent me a letter confirming my new direct debit instruction(which I didn't give them)on a joint account that I have(I didn't give them these details either) but I shouldn't worry because my account has been closed!? Now I am worried!

They have been I nightmare to deal with. I have spent house on the phone talking to people I can't understand, can't answer my questions, pass me on to other departments, put me on permanent hold(my record was one hour and I got fed up) and cut me off regularly. I am now sending a complaint to every address I can find to do with Talk Talk and Carphone Warehouse and them I will go to the ombudsman.

Hi Assissan

You spot on, start at the top. I wrote to Talk Talk Complaints Manager in the Warrington office, a lady phoned me back and the problem was sorted in 24 hours.

I have done this twice now sorted the problem and I am £101 in pocket

Loring

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks