Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right! Obviously conscience got better of him. I was offered verbal settlement and more or less told to get lost after July 27th. Judge was not amused at Barclays attitude. Judge insisted on a personal appearance by him. Cant believe I was successful.

Sig,

FANDABEEDOZEE NEWS!!!!

I have PM'd you.

When was your court date for originally?

Mine was for 23rd Aug & the Judge just said all was being stayed & that was it, despite me stating that I had had a verbal offer from Robert Saunders.

Chaps do you think that there is anything that I can do??

If you are in possession of the settlement letter and a copy of your reply then they should still honour it..............did you amend any of the wording?

did you return it via recorded delivery

did you actually stop the proceedings or apply to have an adjournment waiting for the funds to clear etc.?

If not you may have problems with the judge throwing it out as you never attended,,[esp if they did]....you will prob have to apply to get it started again by explaining the situation to the judge.

have you tried emailing the Lit team recently threatening with further action....The OFT case is irrelevent in your case as they have already agreed to settle....as long as you returned within 8 weeks they are to honour it

No I didnt amend any of the wording and sent it back by fax. I called and faxed the court to tell them I wouldnt be attending and would let them know when I received the money. I emailed them a few months ago and Quinn didnt reply so I emailed Dino and he said he is sure Quinn will have put the request in for my money but they have a backlog. If they dont reply this time how do I sue them for breach of contract? I've noticed on moneysavingexpert they mention sending in the baillifs.

Beverley

your biggest problem is that you stopped court proceedings on their word.

Did you keep a copy of the settlement, take it to the court and explain what they have done to you.

you could email Dino first stating youintend to take it back to court which will incurr further costs to the bank.

tell them they have until the end of business to get back to you with details of the transfer.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Signa,

Big Congrats to you - that's really great news and I hope you get paid quickly

Let us know.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Absolutely Signa.

When I took my cheque in to pay over the Barclays Counter, I had a grin on my face the size of a bank vault door.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Anyway guys - thanks for all the advice and support you all gave me. If anyone else feels they may be able to benefit from the circumstances of my case (verbal offer) do let me know. I will be only too happy to help. Had claims with HX and RBS and HSBC but Barclays were definitely the most difficult. Hope you all get your goodies returned soon. Will continue to follow your progress.

i sent my letter faxed back to them on Monday, They said the credit should hit my account this week. Do i still go to court if they have acknowledged receiving my settlement letter.Im due in court tomorrow at 10.00 as was assured the money would be in my acct before then? HELP:confused:

i sent my letter faxed back to them on Monday, They said the credit should hit my account this week. Do i still go to court if they have acknowledged receiving my settlement letter.Im due in court tomorrow at 10.00 as was assured the money would be in my acct before then? HELP:confused:

Until the money is in your account you must treat the claim as still live and under no circumstances must you miss your court date ........ you can inform the judge that you are awaiting payment they will proberbly adjourn the hearing until a later date :)

It has been 10 weeks since I sent my settlement letter back to Paul Quinn and I still havent received my money. I have emailed him and said if I dont receive it in 7 days I will apply to the court for breach of contract, is that the right thing to do?

As predicted I have not heard anything from them. Is there anything I can do?! I have the settlement letter that they sent me.

Paul Quinn only got back to me when it was decide that there was going to be a blanket "Stay" . I have since moved to my parachute account as I had some funds available and I did not like the way I was treated as a Bs customer. I am now working towards getting myself og the debit dread mill and when all is fruit and sundry Bs want be enjoying my success and a penny from my account ever.

Lost Customer and from my experience wont happen again.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)