Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've noticed that my overdraft has been cut down since my claim and the takeover completely from a Woolwich 'openplan' customer. We used to have the facility of £1,200. Now Barclays have it down to £800. No letter advising it or anything, just cut it.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Quinn only got back to me when it was decide that there was going to be a blanket "Stay" . I have since moved to my parachute account as I had some funds available and I did not like the way I was treated as a Bs customer. I am now working towards getting myself og the debit dread mill and when all is fruit and sundry Bs want be enjoying my success and a penny from my account ever.

Lost Customer and from my experience wont happen again.

hi,they wont want you then,not making money from you.

good luck on quest.

Hi Saracen,

B's should NOT have altered your o/d without warning you first. Did you take this up with them when you found out?

On a general note, just read this article over in Halifax forum

BBC NEWS | Business | OFT may compromise on bank case

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Just read the BBC News article.

The fact that Lloyds TSB have reduced their chrges, and that other banks are due to follow, is an admition of guilt in my eyes.

I hope that the REAL cost of bank charges are uncovered and that we can all claim back the difference. Between HSBC and Barclays i am owed, in my opinion, over £7k but i cant get my hands on it due to the Stays and the inept OFT.

Realistically, what will probably happen is:

The charges will be allowed to be in line with those accepted as credit card charges , ie £12

There will prob be a limitation applied to prevent customers claiming further than 6yrs.

The OFT are going to try and push for the 'automatic repayment of charges' to consumers to ease the burden from the courts,

whether any of this actually happens is speculation at the moment.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Da£n,

If the £12 is accepted as a compromise figure, surely Reclaimants still have the right to challenge for full repayment in Court because the banks have not disclosed their true costs and the charges remain unlawful penalties.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Slick, i have to agree with you, int he case of the cc companies, the OFT only said they would intervene on charges over £12, in no way does that say that £12 is a fair charge and people are still at liberty to challenge this fee

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks Lula,

Her's another report - Stitch up! - City - Money News - News - Mirror.co.uk

Slick

Thanks Lula,

Her's another report - Stitch up! - City - Money News - News - Mirror.co.uk

Slick

Banks struck a secret deal to prevent a probe into their rip-off charges by agreeing to repay customers' complaints in full.

The agreement meant that anyone who complained to the independent Financial Ombudsman Service would get all their overdraft charges refunded.

In exchange, the ombudsman agreed not to investigate whether the fees were fair. This prevented it from clashing with an Office of Fair Trading probe.

And it averted the danger that the ombudsman would set a precedent - and force the banks to repay all similar cases.

An ombudsman spokesman said: "We told the banks we would be forced to investigate if they did not repay the full amount.

"They didn't want to have an investigation. So they agreed to pay up."

... am I missing something somewhere? Is this true,? What happens to the claims pending through the courts?

Smutley,

As Lula says in #908 above, the banks won't disclose/justify their unlawful charges leaving CAG'ers free to challenge the whole charge and reclaim it.

I think, this way, the banks may avoid auto repay't to all customers and repay only those willing to go to Court.

Still too much speculation at this stage I guess.

Slick

From memory, I think it was dated yesterday.

Slick

Ta-Daah,

Stitch up!

EXCLUSIVE Banks' secret deal with ombudsman to stop probe into their rip-off charges

13/09/2007

Slick

Hi guys,

Forgive me, but are we (ie the claimants) in a stronger or weaker position than before the OFT announcement? I'm sorry but I'm getting a little confused with everything that is going on and having caught up with the posts on this thread (esp #905 onwards) I'm even more confused!

Cheers,

KA

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

Hi K-A,

IMHO, we, the Claimants, will probably end up in exactly the same position AFTER the Stays are lifted and the OFT "Test Case" is over.

Those willing to challenge the banks re chgs can and will continue to do via Court. This is what happened with Credit Cards and peeps are still going to Court for refunds which the banks are paying.

I doubt the banks will "Disclose" to OFT or anyone and what they want to avoid is being ordered to auto-repay EVERYONE who's been chgd over last 6 yrs. So there'll be a compromise, the banks'll chge less in future and Stayed cases will be released for processing.

Love to hear others' opinions though, Slick

I agree with Slick

The OFT have a figure in their heads and if the banks agrees to lower their charges to this amount then they will call off the dogs.

The banks, as we know DO NOT want to go to court so more than likely will go along with the lower amount.

This does NOT mean you have to accept it, after all we have been shown it costs no more than £2.50 to administer the charge so anything above that is clearly profit and according to the Code of Banking should not be allowed.

It is annoying that they have applied blanket stays and there is very little we can do at the moment.

Hopefully they will agree to the lower amount so the OFT mallarky will get dropped, allowing the cases to continue.

In my opinion, I dont feel the OFT have helped things AT ALL, theyve just got in the way.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Cheers guys.

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

Cheque from Barclays cleared today - so all done! Would not have had the confidence to take them on but for the help and encouragement from all of you regarding dealing with the Lit Team. Robert Saunders made me a verbal offer and eventually did the honest thing by not going to court to deny it. However, cant fault the guy - he was always helpful. Thanks again.

Signa,

That's great news and I'm really pleased for you.

Congratulations, Slick

Hi all,

my son emailed me this msg tonight and thought I'd share it with you all

Heard the other day that bank cashiers are now allowed to give people their

>bank charges back in the branches, didn't know if you'd had any luck with

>yours! One of the girls at work has a friend who works for Barclays and she

>says it's made her life easier now because she can just credit the charges.

>

what do you all think of that?? Let me know your thoughts please

Hi Jack,

Saw this on your thread.

There's bound to be loads of rumour and speculation while we await the outcome of the OFT Testcase. I wonder, if this is true, how much the counter staff can refund. I'll tell Electric Lemon to pop into the branch 'cos Leccy's owed £7K +. LoL.

It may be branches are being allowed a bit more autonomous discresion so we all think they're starting to be nice to us but I doubt they'd be able to refund more than one charge at a time.

Cynical Slick