First victory to Lloyds

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

strictly speaking yes, as you can (as lloyds did in the case of berwick) submit a written defence in your absence. What happened though was a tragedy of justice as they were not there to be answerable and the claimant got completely overhauled with questions about breach of contract. The judge bullied him. Did anyone ever find out if he was found to be a member of lloyds TSB?

In summary though, mostly a judge will award in favour (or should in a case where you are fully prepared) if the bank has no representation there.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just put a claim in at Birmingham and i am pretty worried now. I realise not that there are a lot of questions i need answering - i dont even know what the court process is and if i had to stand in court and defend my claim i wouldnt have a clue what i was talking about at the moment.

Augsta1

Augusta1 pls dont worry have a really good read of the FAQ's plus the link for "have u got a court date" just so u can see what happens.

going to court is a very scary thought but people r here to help u with any concerns u have, maybe look for a court buddy in the opening page of this website.

I'm sorry i have to agree with Granby, i think there are alot of new people who come on this site, ask a question and then get there head bitten off or a sarcy comment left because the question is answered in the FAQ's....

EVERYONE on this site will have a different level of understanding and if someone feels unsure about something then they should feel free to ask until they are 100% sure, the not asking is what also puts peoples claims at risk,

so please give the new people a chance, cuz i'm very sure we were all uncertain and a little worried when we started are claims

I do agree with you.

And I have never directly had a dig at any individual, or made any sarky comments at any individual.

Instead, in exactly the same spirit is was offered to me as a new member, I have freely and politely given any help I possibly can to anyone asking. As we all try to do.

Posting and posing questions and opinions (no matter how wrong or dumb) is not the cause of any issues I have raised. It is what this self help site is all about, and long may it remain to be so.

I also agree that everyone has a different level of understanding, and I also agree that everyone should be free to ask questions until they are 100% sure. It is just that some just don't even try to wait until they are sure, they jump the gun, and only start asking the most rudimentary questions once matters have got really far advanced.

It is this that puts their own cases in peril. Nobody else.

It is the dangers of impatience and complacency, that I have been trying to highlight to new claimants with my comments.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi

As a bit of reassurrance, this claimant has been to Court today and won, Lloyds didn't turn up (how surprising:rolleyes: ):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/46712-toddle-lloyds-tsb.html#post835530

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

This is the second success I've heard about today, one in court, one settled. Looking like it might be business as usual after all .....

Has anyone heard whether Kev is definitely going to appeal? Poor bugger must be utterly, utterly overwhelmed going from "one of us" to being the best known bank charges litigant in the country! I do hope the pressure isn't too much and that he fights for what's his ...

photoman, my post wasnt directed at u but i am sorry if u thought it was, all i was stipulating was the fact i agree with the points that the other user had raised i have had issues recently with someone else on this website being sarky against questions asked and i think that is totally unfair and very unhelpful.

Regardless of how long someone has been a member we should help each other and not be nasty.

peace & love 'n' all that (or however the saying goes) lol

i have had issues recently with someone else on this website being sarky against questions

Yes - that person was me and you still haven't had the good grace to reply to my question as to what prompted your tirade of abuse aimed at me both on the forum and by very abusive PM.

As far as I recall all I did was give you a link to this thread. I fail to see the sarcasm in that.

Augusta hi

I read your post when it showed in my private e-mail because I have subscribed to this thread.....I felt for you as I would be feeling exactly the same - all a bit scary to me and I would not really have a clue either...I was going to post to tell you to try not to worry and to post all of your questions here as everybody on this site is `fab`.....but having arrived on the thread I see that everybody has come through for you - as I was going to say they would.

Good luck! Try not to worry - stick with the guys here and all will be fine!

Very best wishes

My Response To U Was Not Abusive In Any Shape Or Form, I Posted A Tread Here On The 15th Asking If Anyone Had Any Info On Teh Claim In Birmingham Your Response Was, Now Let Me Think Oh Yes Here It Is, If That Is Sarcastic Then I Dont Know What Is...

And If I Remember Rightly Someone Else Had Also Commented On The Same Day About Ur Sarcasm..

But Anyway I'm Not Going To Bother With It Anyone I'm Not Here To Argue With U I'm Here To Help People In Anyway I Can But In A Sensible Manor,

Ps I Did Repsond To Ur Message

My Response To U Was Not Abusive In Any Shape Or Form, I Posted A Tread Here On The 15th Asking If Anyone Had Any Info On Teh Claim In Birmingham Your Response Was, Now Let Me Think Oh Yes Here It Is, If That Is Sarcastic Then I Dont Know What Is...

And If I Remember Rightly Someone Else Had Also Commented On The Same Day About Ur Sarcasm..

But Anyway I'm Not Going To Bother With It Anyone I'm Not Here To Argue With U I'm Here To Help People In Anyway I Can But In A Sensible Manor,

Is anyone else finding this boring ......Christina everyone is very sorry if they offended you - can we please move on ?

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Is anyone else finding this boring ......Christina everyone is very sorry if they offended you - can we please move on and concentrate on beating the banks ?

Hear ... Hear ... Couldnt have said it better myself.

Please, please everyone we are loosing sight of all the good this site offers with misunderstandings and bickering.

This thread has been hyjacked by all this for long enough.

:(

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

If the Dark Forces of the Establishment to which the Queen refered in her statement concerning Diana and the Paul Burrell affair had wanted to attempt a divide and rule strategy against us, it seems that they will have succeded if we continue with this bickering.

Put a sock in it.

The Banks are the enemy. Go get 'em.

i think this site is amaising, i am a poor student, the banks have taken 700 in charges out of my student loan for missed dd ect that were caused by them taking charges , same story as every one else

without this site i would of given up ages ago at the first scairy letter that they send.

but coming on here i saw that this was a template letter. that in it self is a huge weight of my mind, as i would of been frightened off.

this is a wonderful supportive community.

but coming on here i saw that this was a template letter. that in it self is a huge weight of my mind, as i would of been frightened off.

this is a wonderful supportive community.

"Hear Hear",

I only discovered this website when I realised my claim was going to go all the way to the court state (maybe a bit naive I know!) - but I agree it is fantastic and everybody is helpful and gave me the kick up the bum to do it right and carry on regardless whatever I got from Lloyds and solicitors.

Still scared stiff about going to court but getting prepared and doing all that is advised on here.

So thanks all

Bev :D

remember not to imagine court as portrayed in the movies, this is small claims, more then likely a small room with a table, you, the judge and the defence (oh no hang on , they never turn up). read read and read, as long as you do your homework and know what your talking about theres nothing to worry about.

This is a great website with lots of answers and support from very knowlegable people, use it, and in turn you may be the one helping someone else out in the future.

Barclays Bank - WON :-D

Virgin - Sent N1 form

Lloyds TSB - waiting for court case to end

Egg - WON :grin:

Barclaycard - statements sent for

Halifax - statements sent for

im not as scaired of going to court as i would be if i had been going through thison my own.

i have had two small clames paid out but i am sure the RBOS will go all the way to court as a way to intimadate me.

i watched the gmtv with martin lewis, the woman who representated the banks said that banks never ask people to leave or reduce the amount of banking available to them. martin lewis dissagreaded.

the letter i recieved with the check for the small amount of money, said if i pursued this matter any further, they would reduse my account to a basic account, at that moment i really saw what the banks really thought about people, its all spin, people shouldnt be scaired to take action banks are nothing excapt gready bullies, who (hopfully) days of robbing people are numbered

This will be my last post on this matter - for the record I refute your claim that your thread was not abusive - you are quite right in your statement of the facts - although I am still at loss to see quite what I did to provoke such a torrent of abuse.

You claim that someone else had also commented on my sarcasm on the same day - I am not aware of this and have no evidence that this is the case.

You did not respond to my message - unless you are referring to the abusive PM that you sent to me.

I fully appreciate your statement that you are here to help people that is the only reason that any of us are here - but I have to say that I have also noticed that many of your posts have been deliberately antogonistic.

It really does nobody any favours to react in the way that you have and only serves to distract people from the 'bigger picture'.

come one peeps!! put it in perspective wether ur in brum or not... this is one case in thousands!!!!

KEEP AT EM!!

your'e right, probably a shareholder - with a little bit of power! this judge might be a cleaner (i'm not knocking cleaners here) but he's just one judge - please don't let him stop you from doing what's right here ok.

lets be positive - keep going please

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

nic sussex,

i really cant be bothered to reply to your essays anymore but i will say

ur message was sarcastic towards me and the thread that i posted. i dont care if anyone else on here doesnt think so, that was my opinion.

END OF

I do not know what the casue of the original dispute between you pair was, nor do I really care to get involved.

This may all just simply be down to the fact that the tone or manner that the written word is meant in can often be misinterpreted. In actual conversations you have the benefit of hearing the tone of someone's voice and seeing facial expressions.

Anyhow, regardless of whether any offence or affront was meant or taken or not, let this just be the end of the matter.

Let's just get this thread back onto topic.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Can I ask something?

I have juyst looked back over th thread and had a read of Lloyds service chargesetc.

It clearly says that they can chrges £30 for honouring a cheque when there are no funds available.

I wa under the impression that all of these charges can be claimed back??

any help??

Max, these AREN'T service fees at all !!!

LTSB has a habit of "cloaking" its unlawful charges as legit fees for a service.

Please make sure you read up on this issue as you WILL come unstuck if you have difficulty with this concept.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too