• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

First victory to Lloyds

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes give them a few days, there is some discretion on time elapsed, they will very likely enter a defence.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for you help, quick question, how long do they have to set the judgement aside - as long as they like or another 14 days, 28 days. I find it all so confusing, I find this site quite confusing too!

Anyone wishing to answer tina9776 she now has her own thread.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Tina,

Just stick to your thread - put all of your questions on there and we will be able to follow your progress. Don't worry we will be able to find you :D

Sorry if there is already a thread for this - but just read this:

BBC NEWS | Business | Lloyds wins second charges case

LlloydsTSB has won abother case. Anyone got any information on the specifics of this case, for example, what aspects of the POC were inadequate?

I'm a bit worrie because I didn't use the POC from this site for my HSBC claim, I used the Martin Lewis POC (long before I knew of this site). I'm hoping that's not the reason why this chap failed!

Quote;

Mr Rudd, who did not attend the hearing either, said afterwards that he thought his paperwork might have been inadequate.

I don't know in what format this particular claim was submitted in (N1 or MCOL), however;

I think this just goes further to affirm my own view that if possible submit your form at the court as an N1.

Unless you live in a stone cottage in the outer Hebrides I personally would just avoid MCOL !!!

And also put everything you can possibly find into your court bundle (obviously making sure it is relevent and that you really HAVE actually read and understood it all )

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

I've read the above - and yes, would like to submit my claim via N1. But have been advised by my local court all paperwork is sent to Haywards Heath, and will take 2 working weeks for issue. I don't really want to give my bank any more time (they've had six weeks already), so have reluctantly decided to go down the MCOL route following instructions from here, and hope it'll be OK...

I've asked this on HSBC forum already, but is the gentleman a member of this site?

Has anyone used a "no win, no fee" company and would they recommend one? Although I know that if you win you hand them 25% I wonder if it may be worth it in order to ensure that the court "bundle" is correct. I am waiting for Lloyds to put in a defence from my MCOL, although they have exceeded the 28 days with no defence and I have made a request for judgement. However I've been advised that Lloyds can still set aside the judgement and put in a defence - seems ridiculous, what's the point of setting the 28 days if they can still put in a defence afterwards! Anyway, I'm scared about what to put in my bundle following another win in court by Lloyds - also does anyone know where I can get hold of Lloyds T&Cs that may be relevant? Sorry to go on but lastly Broke Dave very kindly set up a thread for me - Tina9776 v Lloyds, but I've no idea how to get onto it - can someone talk me through it in layman's terms.

Thanks for reading my speel and very grateful for any answers.

Hi Tina,

Me again. Go to the Lloyds TSB forum and look for your name on the threads that are listed there. You have obviously done this to get onto this thread.

I am going to put a message on now which will put you (tina9776) at the top.

Click on that and you can see and post messages thare.

I am looking for T & C's dating back to November 1991 from the Abbey. I am going to write to them requesting a copy - a copy will go in the court bundle, I doubt they will be able to supply this to me, but at least I tried, and then I will put in the T & C's that I collected from the Abbey recently. Unless anyone thinks this is not a good idea .........

iv had letter off lloyds sayin they dont pay out for my bank charges, ie goin over overdraft limit, unpaid d/d, bounced cheques, help! what shud i do now?

iv had letter off lloyds sayin they dont pay out for my bank charges, ie goin over overdraft limit, unpaid d/d, bounced cheques, help! what shud i do now?

Pete

Standard stuff and standard response.

Carry on with your actions as per the step by step instructions.

Also, you should start your own thread so that you can keep track of your claim.

First of all read the Frequently asked questions here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

DO READ THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!!

As you go on, you’ll also find this very helpful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

You’ll then need to start your own thread;

Go to here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/

Find the name of the Bank your action will be against.

Click on it (the name of the Bank in Bold Blue)

On that page, you will then find a label saying "Forum Tools" (just under the list of page numbers).

Click on it. It will show you some options.

Firstly, it's a good idea to subscribe to the Forum ,as you'll then recieve updates from people in similar situatioins against the same Bank. So click on Subscribe. It will ask how often you want updates (Personally I like Daily).

Once Subscibed to the Forum it will redirect you back.

Hit the same button and choose "Start new thread"

Give your Thread a title eg: yourforumname v whatever bank

(choose how often you want updating by email if anyone posts responses in your thread)

Then your up and running !:-)

Whilst your there, you might want to take some time to have a look at some of the threads by people taking action against your same Bank, very helpful. Remember, any threads you want to follow, you can either choose the thread tools button, and choose subscribe to thread, or simply whenever you make a post in a thread it will automatically subscribe you to that thread.

On the main page I've posted above, you'll also find lots of highlighted "stickies", which have lots of very informative stuff in them too.

Once your ready to start , you’ll need to do a schedule of charges to submit to the bank, try this one:

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Best regards and good luck

photoman

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

hi all,

was very worried about this whole berwick story but i have done a bit of research and i think the banks have gone and screwed themselves. i have read the terms and conditions of my account and this is what it says.....

"You must always ensure that the cleared balance ....

– any other transactions are due to take place, including the application of interest and charges

is sufficient to cover payment of all these transactions."

hence if you do not have sufficient funds to cover payment you ARE in BREACH!!!!

i would assume that most bank t&c's are similar. not that i am an expert but i really dont think that the judge in this case looked into the T&C's properly. i dont know if the banks can pull out of an appeal at a higher court. if they cant and berwick appeals and wins they might be headed towards their worst nightmare "a precedent".

i suppose the thought of taking these monsters on must be quite daunting for kevin berwick but i think a few knowledgeable people have come forward and offered their assistance. i wont be put off by the ruling and i encourage others to continue with their claims!

good luck kevin

Was anyone aware that Lloyds have won again. I can't find any info regarding this on this site.

Here is a link for the BBC news page regarding it:-

BBC NEWS | Business | Lloyds wins second charges case

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi there. I am a WORRIED NEW MEMBER !:confused:

It is normal to be worried, just focus on preparing for court , if you have a convincing story for the Judge backed up with evidence (T&C's letters they have sent ) then you have done all you can, try to look for loopholes in your arguement and fill erm, are there any terms you need to brush up on

It seems to boil down to

Lloyds say that charges are for services. We say they are not

Once that bit is covered then I guess we have to go on to say why we think they are excessive.. lots of material to choose and add to the bundle (CYNSYS etc)

Good luck

Cub

Hi there. I am a WORRIED NEW MEMBER !:confused:

Hi

Have a read of my post number 443 above.

All the frequently asked questions and info you need.

Also advice on how to start your own thread.

Regards

PM