• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

TALLING Vs LLOYDS TSB *****WON*****

curlychic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there fellow forum users. I feel ecstatic to say that i have finally started the ball rolling with the Data Protection Subject Access Request. :eek:

I have been meaning to do it for a while now, but yet another letter arrived this morning stating the charges of £35 for one returned cheque and £30 for an over my overdraft fee (which was for going £4 something over an overdraft of £50.....how ridiculous is that???)

Well that was the final straw :evil: I thoroughly read the FAQ's and so it begins !!

I have just one thing to say..........Bring it on Lloyds TSB...........:-x ........Power to the people ....... lol

Kellie x x

P.S. This forum is fab, keep up the great work guys n gals lets show these Banks we all mean business x

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kellie

Welcome and good luck with your claim

S.P

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

• 5 weeks later...

Well.....What can i say grrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Sent the Data Subject Access Request on 18th December along with a £10.00 postal order and still no response !!!!

Roll on 3rd February when i move swiftly onto stage 2 !!!

Has anyone else encountered this problem from the onset of their claim ?

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

Lloyds are not the fastest to respond to anything in my opinion.

My SAR was sent to Lloyds on 15th December 2006 and to date no response. My chq was however banked a few days ago.

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Exactly.....They like to take the money, but not provide the service in which we are paying for.

I feel i am going to have a right fight on my hands. I clearly understand that this process is not easy, but clearly Lloyds are going to make it as difficult as possible.

:(:mad::(

I WON !!!!

Well.....What can i say grrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Sent the Data Subject Access Request on 18th December along with a £10.00 postal order and still no response !!!!

Roll on 3rd February when i move swiftly onto stage 2 !!!

Has anyone else encountered this problem from the onset of their claim ?

..................and still no response :-x

I WON !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, can anyone help me ??

As you will see by my thread i still havent recieved the info i require after sending my SAR and appropriate payment.

I read another thread today that suggests phoning 0845 300 4431 and letting them know that they have 10 days left in whioch to supply the infomation before i report them to the Info Comissioner and getting a court order to get the infomation, however i do believe this is a Birmingham office and i sent my SAR to the Data Protection Department, Pentagon, London as advised on here before.

Is this a problem ? Can i still ring them ? I must admit i have been trying, but the line is constantly engaged (guess everyone else is doing the same thing....hehehe)

Thanks guys 'n' gals

I WON !!!!

Just phoned branch, got number for HO and number for Data Protection Department. Got through straight away. They checked for reciept of my letter. Confirmed receipt and said that my SAR would be actioned within 7 days !! We shall see eh.......I'll keep you posted.

Thought the number may be helpful for others who sent their SAR to this HO London.

Telephone: 01179433133

;)

I WON !!!!

Just phoned branch, got number for HO and number for Data Protection Department. Got through straight away. They checked for reciept of my letter. Confirmed receipt and said that my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) would be actioned within 7 days !! We shall see eh.......I'll keep you posted.

Thought the number may be helpful for others who sent their S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to this HO London.

Telephone: 01179433133

;)

Well surprise, surprise.....Postman has been and they said my request would be actioned within 7 days......lmao

I am counting down now....they have til Saturday. LBA already printed and waiting to be sent.

By the way can someone help ? When (which i am sure i will) i send the LBA i know i have to report them to the Infomation Commissioner at the same time.

??? Letter templates and address to send to ???

I WON !!!!

Well surprise, surprise.....Postman has been and they said my request would be actioned within 7 days......lmao

I am counting down now....they have til Saturday. LBA already printed and waiting to be sent.

By the way can someone help ? When (which i am sure i will) i send the LBA i know i have to report them to the Infomation Commissioner at the same time.

:???: :???: :???: :???:

I WON !!!!

Please can someone help me out with my above question ????? everyone seems to be reading my posts, yet nobody responds ???

:(

I WON !!!!

Hi,

When sending an LBA for SAR I'm not aware that you have to report them to the Information Commissioner at the same time. But you'll probably find the information here: The Data Protection Act - ICO

Check out the FAQS on the right hand side - there's one that says: I think a data controller has breached the Data Protection Act. What can I do? That section tells you how to complain.

Good luck - I'm sure your SAR will turn up soon, they just like to take their time sometimes.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for replying Lucid........I was starting to get a complex as nobody seems to reply to my thread/posts.

:confused::(:confused:

I WON !!!!

That's ok. The only reason I was able to reply with the information I gave was because we were forced to start researching it when Lloyds didn't provide a SAR for Mindzai's credit card. I'd imagine a lot of people who were reading you post haven't had to consider sending a LBA for their SAR and so wouldn't necessarily know the answer to your question. :) I'm sure you'll get the statements once they recieve your LBA.

Lucid :)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi again Lucid

;)

In the 'need to know' section where it outlines the steps of what to do, it is the LBA template letter that it advises to send if they do not respond to SAR.

:confused:

I am rather confused now.....is this not what others are doing ? Advice from all welcome

:(

I WON !!!!

Hi everyone,

Lloyds still haveent sent my info after S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). They have until Saturday, but somehow think it just aint gonna happen.

Want to be ready for the next step, but I am a bit confused :confused:

If no info is recieved am i right in thinking that i should send an LBA ? Then give them a further 7 days to respond before reporting them to the Information Commissioner and beginning Court Action ?

curlychic x

I WON !!!!

give them a ring and remind them of the deadline, be very nice about it, just give them a bit of a nudge! Also remind them that they are about to commit an offence by not complying with your request. It you sent SAR recorded delivey they have 40 days from when they received it, good luck!! :)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Lloyds left my statements right up until the deadline, they arrived in a shoddy brown envelope with my address hand written, this gave me signals they are under immense pressure (Tee Hee!) and that was way back in September October, they will arrive don’t worry :)

Lloyds Current account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC (wife) SAR submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds Mortgage SAR submitted 10/10/06

Barclaycard SAR submitted 10/10/06 Microfiche bull recieved 24/10/06

give them a ring and remind them of the deadline, be very nice about it, just give them a bit of a nudge! Also remind them that they are about to commit an offence by not complying with your request. It you sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) recorded delivey they have 40 days from when they received it, good luck!! :)

Hello Birchave0,

I have already rung them last week. They confirmed my details and explained that they are dealing with my request and that my paperwork would be with me within 7 days.

That was last monday, so 7 days are up. It dosent surprise me at all really tho. They still have til Saturday, but like i said before, cant see it happening and want to be ready for next step if it dosent arrive.

Therefore still seeking answer to my question, but thanx for your response anyway x

:-?

I WON !!!!

Hi,

Yes that it what you need to send if they haven't provided you with your data request - you actually referred to an LBA that you had printed and ready to send in post 11. You send the LBA to the bank to give them a warning that if they do not comply with your data request you will be bringing court action against them.

Hope that helps. Lucid :)

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That link leads me to template 3, which is the LBA, so i am doing the right thing then :confused: Others have said that its not an LBA i need to send tho :confused:

i'm confused :!:

I WON !!!!

follow the link that curly chick has shown and read further down than the LBA letter you will seek what you are looking for!

This is the suggested template letter where a Data Protection Act request has gone past the deadline without any information being sent:

Template letter removed.

Lloyds Current account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC (wife) SAR submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds Mortgage SAR submitted 10/10/06

Barclaycard SAR submitted 10/10/06 Microfiche bull recieved 24/10/06