Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but breenan stands for us all not only will natwest be looking but all banks i think brennan will win his action like i said on above thread its about time we had the truth from the banks of the real cost of fees. look at it this way one bank how much does it make from us the customers all of our cash in one bank millions in intrest then on top of this we have the charges// fees from me and you. a bank makes millions good luck to the man on justice to us all

Good luck to you Tom Brennan. I'd sure help out if this guy lost, but hoping for the best :)

p.s. Does anyone have a solution to watching/listening to the programmes? All the current links crash both firefox and IE for me.

Glenn, i haven;t but that is my understanding from a further re read yesterday and this morning. It would compel the bank to reveal costs if he is successful. I think i may try and listen to it, i am just surprised nobody has tried this route previously. one to watch on Friday the 13th.

Nattie

My POC for Glenn Vs Abbey is effectively the same in my claim i have called it an account of profits if they decide to argue over it they will have to provide their costs to prove they have not made any profit.

incidentally my claim was issued on the 30/03/07 before i heard of this case.

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

we need to get a pound each to send to cag, this way this Tom Brennan will be able to fight this without FEAR of losing either his career or this case. I so wish admin would post to state the same. If we want to stay as sheep then we shall, however if we want to hunt those that have hunted us for years, then we shall have to do as we are doing and go hunting against the people that cannot justify their charges and are too bloody scared to stand in a court of law and state any defence. I call for one pound from each member of this forum to support this one case. If the case fails then all costs will be paid for a man that put all on the line. TOM BRENNA'S COSTS WILL BE PAID. Lets make this bloody clear to the rip off banks.

My mum and dad were supposed to go to Southend on 5th April... there cheque arrived on the day!!! x

03/10/06-Data Protection Act request sent via recorded delivery

06/10/06- Letter signed for. 15th Nov cut off date.

10/10/06- Statements come in tatty brown envelope.

Will be claiming for £1946.22

23/10/06- Preliminary request for £1946.22 sent recorded delivery.

24/10/06-Letter signed for. 7th Nov cut off.

08/11/06- Standard letter received wanting more time.

23/03/07- Time up for NatWest to say whether defending or not.

19/03/07- Acknowledgement of service and saying was going to defend came through.

04/04/07- Deadline for Natwests defence.

03/04/07- Defence filed came through.

05/05/07- Letter from Court to say claim stayed until 27/06/07

25/06/07- Letter from court, claim stayed until further notice.

For fear of going against the grain here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/27030-harsh-letter-received-kensington-17.html

This woman took on Kensington for something that alot of us have won without court. She lost. She was ordered to pay the other sides costs.

We are not allowed to donate through CAG for her sever costs.

Now again, dont shoot me but I think her claim for assistance is greater than his. As far as I am aware, he is not a memebr of CAG (if he is I appologies) and he has been offered far in excess of his charges.

While what he is doing can be admired by some, I can imagine his actions are also doubted by others.

I dont seem to recall seeing a moderators comments on such a massive issue.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Rock on Mr Brennan! I just hope he goes in armed to the teeth, otherwise the weasel lawyers that Nat West hire, might manage to squirm their sleezy way to victory. I hope he gives them hell for leather! He's effectively got his career riding on the case. If he wins, I suspect he'll never be short of work as a barrister again, however if the boot is on the other foot, then it could effectively be career suicide! I will watch with baited breath!

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

Give you said it all with Midland Bank, those far away days when bank branches had a manager who had been trained to think and make deals because they knew if you were making money then they would too.

Unlike today when some clone looks what the computer says, looks at a rule book and phones there boss because they can’t make a decision on there own and takes the money anyway.

Or is that just another way of calling you old

pete

Now again, dont shoot me but I think her claim for assistance is greater than his. As far as I am aware, he is not a memebr of CAG (if he is I appologies) and he has been offered far in excess of his charges.

While what he is doing can be admired by some, I can imagine his actions are also doubted by others.

If it were money he were after he would have accepted the offer already. He is trying to expose the banks and their unfair charges - basically force them to admit they are wrong. He's putting his career on the line to do this which is why people here are so thankful and willing to help :)

If it were money he were after he would have accepted the offer already. He is trying to expose the banks and their unfair charges - basically force them to admit they are wrong. He's putting his career on the line to do this which is why people here are so thankful and willing to help :)

Or that is how it would appear.

As has being discussed on a thread in Banks in Print, there are holes in the story. There is no such thing as a Trainee Barrister and a Bankrupt barrister can still practice, contrary to what the chap has said.

Like I said, it may all be true but I cannot just believe what I see in the news and if there is a case for our financial support, it is Jamorgans

• Haha 1

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Even if this man is just trying to make a name for himself I think it is good that someone will actually be able to get this decided once and for all by a court. At least then the whole matter will be finally in the open and will finally put this whole charade to an end. I find it utterly appalling that the banks continue to operate the charging system in spite of everything that is happening. There must be millions of people out there who continue to be hit with these charges who have no idea about the unlawfulness and have no hope of ever getting to grips with it. And as for Government inaction, well that's another argument I could get wound up about. Just who are they representing!

At least this barrister fellow will be paying his own costs.At £200 per hour or so.:)

Mind you if he wins he can only claim 9.25 per hour same as any other litigant in person unless he can prove loss of earnings.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn, Spot on as normal. ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I should have added this :D , I do think its ironic that LIP can only charge at this rate bearing in mind the amount of effort and work involved.

Still its better than nowt as they say.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

I agree entirely with joneshousehold. His status and motivation is irelevant, his cause is what matters. Besides I'm pretty sure the BBC would have checked their facts before describing him as a newly qualified barrister and I don't hear anyone, including the bar, disputing it.

As for the banks continuing to operate their charging system, they have no choice, as to back down now would make a mockery of everything they have said and done in the past and open the flood gates to handing out refunds like confetti.

They're stuck between a rock and a hard place and Brennans action could

begin the stoning they deserve.

good Lord! Our local Bobby looks about 12 - along with all the "managers" of the estate agencies. At least I would know they may have been to school for another 4 years if they looked 16. And the assistants in mobile phone shops and big "electrical retailers" I'm sure, come straight from playgroup.

So I must be nearing a gazillion years old!