Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure i've got a marker on my account too, the moment they tap in my reference number Mr or Mrs Attitude Head goes into sickeningly nice mode! Will update this and get complaint off to the FOS over the weekend. Have decided not to send that last letter that I spent all day on a few days ago. Going for bust now.... TS's involved, FOS involved, next week going to send them a formal harassment notice..........

So, idea's for the FOS questionnaire are most welcome!

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They purchased the debt years ago, never been in question until I CCA'd them, and at one point they denied they owned the debt.

I have a whole stack of letters claiming to own the debt... ("Ex-HFC Bank")

1 letter denying they own the debt...

And 1 letter catagorically laying claim to the debt!

You just couldn't make it up it's priceless! It's with Mcr TS's now, and the FOS when I get 'round to it at the weekend.

ah ok, because i have the same on my letters. I haven't had any correspondence saying 'we have sold the debt', or anything from robberscum way saying they purchased it . Wanted to know really , because I'm not sure who to make the £1 PO payable too . You have to make it payable to the company who owns the debt ?

Anything interesting in that letter last night from robberscum ?

You have to make it payable to the company who owns the debt ?

No. You can make it payable to whoever is working on their behalf.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If you go to the registry of data controllers.

Register of Data Controllers - find out what personal data is being processed

And search for Robinson way, they are not on there . Not a registered data controller .

If you type in their post code M50 2ZY , they are not listed there either . In case the search needed "& co" etc

Does this mean they are not allowed to hold our data on file ?

Should we be informing the information commisioner's office ?

Data Protection Act 1998

Prohibition on processing without registration

17. - (1) Subject to the following provisions of this section, personal data must not be processed unless an entry in respect of the data controller is included in the register maintained by the Commissioner under section 19 (or is treated by notification regulations made by virtue of section 19(3) as being so included).

Offences.

21. - (1) If section 17(1) is contravened, the data controller is guilty of an offence.

London Scottish Bank ( who robinson way are part of ) are listed thou, registration number Z5395499 .

Mercers (Z5068082).. do have a registration there , part of of Barclays . Forthright Finance have an entry (Z5525423) , owned by Halifax ... Viking collection services, owned by GE capita have an entry (Z9613702) . Global debt management services (Z9934656) - Alliance and Liecester , Metropolitan collection services (Z5518960) - HSBC . List goes on .

How come robinson way do not need to be registered, or do they ? Every DCA I've looked for owned by a bank / building society is registered, except Robinson way . Anyone know if they are breaking the law ?

And if so , can we get them under the Human Rights Act Article 8 ?

Darn, thats a pity :( I thought the post code cross search would have taken care of any differences in spelling, must have their data controller housed in the main london scottish bank under another postcode . Oh well, have to be happy with the £400 to the FOS . No phone calls again today so far , off down the wetherspoons now for large amounts of ale so won't know if they call later.

Darn, thats a pity :( I thought the post code cross search would have taken care of any differences in spelling, must have their data controller housed in the main london scottish bank under another postcode . Oh well, have to be happy with the £400 to the FOS . No phone calls again today so far .

£400 is just for starters mate. Thats the minimum per complaint. Look at the number of Caggers they have peed off multiplied by 400:D They may be phoning themselves up on behalf of their client the FOS

Nothing to report... But, was in YB Society by chance this morning because the machine wasn't working (somebody somewhere must have been looking over my shoulder!), ask for a printout to see how many Cheeky Vimto tokens I can draw out (heyy it's Friday!)... What should I see on the printout? A payment to our good friends! Could have dropped to my knees!! Anyway, it's not my branch but the woman said on looking as much as she could the SO had only been modified rather than cancelled... Explained that I had expressly cancelled it and clearly remember signing the form in the branch to cancel it...

Had to compose myself and remember this wasn't my branch and I had no right ruin this poor womans day!

Got home, called my branch... (just to digress, the YBS is the last bastion of old fashioned banking, they still store paperwork on the premises for archiving once a month!) 20 minutes on the 'phone frabbing about with some woman operating a zx81 with her free hand... Only to be told, "it's gone now sir, we'll just have to cancel it again and make sure it's right this time"!!!:eek: Told her this was their fault and wasn't bothered about the money and would even donate it to their preferred charity just to stop you know who getting it! Gave her a brief outline of why I was so bothered and it was like.... "I don't think anyone knows how to do a reversal here", and, "you've given my money away without my permission!". Had enough now... Told her if the reversal wasn't complete by midday Monday that i'ld file a small claims against them on Monday afternoon for £9 and compo for distress at the discretion of the court...

Haha! I have her full attention now!! The upshot is i've to visit the branch in the morning to see what actually can be done. :confused:

Steaming mad!!!

It's amazing the difference in the level of attention you get when you mention the words "court claim". It's pathetic though that you just seem to get fobbed off unless you do :mad:

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I see robinson way as vampires. Show them the blood and they will come back for more and more . Put to them the cross of the law and they will crawl back to their foul place never to return again.

No phone calls again today , no letters.. it all started out so virulent , and every single day ... now there is nothing :/

Commodore 64 for me.

Told her if the reversal wasn't complete by midday Monday that i'ld file a small claims against them on Monday afternoon for £9 and compo for distress at the discretion of the court...

don't forget to have a copy of the court claim form in your hand when you go to see the manager:)

P.S. Amstrad CPC 464... Oh Mummy:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Luxury!

We couldn't afford PCs when I were a lad, made do with sticks of wood with balls on.

I remember coding to punch card to be fed in as dot dot space space etc.

Ah the good old days ... diphtheria, bubonic plague, when 256 Kilobytes of memory was A LOT!, Sinclair ZX something or other:)

.. now where was I? ... back to the merlot.

Have a good weekend all.

Rocks, rocks!!! Bloody hell you had it easy. We were just left to play with broken glass and nettles.

• Haha 1

Wasn't that amstrad cpc 464 the one that was about 4 foot long with the tape drive on the right ? That was a nasty looking thing . I did get the QL thou, which wasnt really a bad computer, except those little tape thingys they used that always broke /.

I preferred the commodore 64 thou, all those peeks and pokes . They would think you are a pervert to mention that these days .

Wasn't that amstrad cpc 464 the one that was about 4 foot long with the tape drive on the right ? That was a nasty looking thing . I did get the QL thou, which wasnt really a bad computer, except those little tape thingys they used that always broke /

Ah the good old days when PC's were made out of bits of old knicker elastic and string.

They still are least the operating system is.

You must work on linux, then.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.