Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PMSL:D Maybe we should hire new wembley stadium, I reckon we could fill it!!! Just think of the beer tent we could get in there. Any we'd be in London so we could go shopping after, just don't tell my hubby;)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tee he! Had a little giggle reading the last few threads!!

It is soooo frustrating, why can't barclays just pay up, they know they're gonna have to in the end, they're just wasting everybody's time and it must be costing them a fortune! I want the money to do out a nursery - I've no patience!!

I'm sure we'll hear something soon, I don't think they're is any point in ringing them until we have something solid from the court.

When its over, i think I'm gonna try that wasted costs thing - another couple of hundred quid. What d'ya think?

POPPY07

A party? O O oooooo invite me me meeeeeeee :p

The waiting game is all perfectly normal, some months sometimes.... but as 'madhouse' says you are on the home straight now....:D :D :D

I CAN CONFIRM that Barclays and Barclaycard (and MONUMENT) are all "Barclays" and Barclays and Barclaycard use the same methods, the same offers, the same :rolleyes: timescales, the :rolleyes: same legal team, the same addresses etc etc etc etc

Now, we need a little time to organise this party, dont we???

Innocent

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

TOO true :)

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Hey Tori! Thought I'd give you a heads up on my situation being a fellow Norwich lass. Deadline for my AQ was 21st March, this week had a letter from Norwich court for a Prelim hearing 7th June, getting a bit worried but just trying to read up as much as possible so I'm prepared!!

Hang in there it'll be worth it xx

Hi Kim!

God you've literally only got like 2 weeks and I reckon they will be definatley wanting to settle! How exciting, don't worry matey in no time you'll be writing I'VE WON!!!!

Poppy, go for time wasting, I've not looked into it, but I'm very tempted to now.

Thanks for answering my question Innocent and you are definately invited to the party!!!! How do we organise a get together like this? It would be amazing if we could.

Tori:)

hi girls...

In response to Kims post.

your date is only a prelim!!!!

but I advise people to get in touch with the Litigation Team and ask to speak to the person who is dealing with your claim as you have got a court date [DO NOT LET ON IT IS ONLY A PRELIM].

They will assume that as they are so busy, they have missed yours and will discuss settlement.

DO NOT agree to anyhting that you are not 100% happy with.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Right, I know I won't be the only person worried about TSB winning a case!!! God what does that mean for the rest of us? I know it was only a district Judge and doesn't have the same affect as a high court judge, but say others follow suit and are banks now gonna have a proper leg to stand on and we haven't a chance of getting are money back - I mean TSB didn't even turn up and they still won!!! How does that work I thought if they didn't turn up you win by default?! What does this whole thing mean for our claims Barlays were hard to crack before this and now are they gonna be impossible?

Don't mean to worry anyone else reading this but really need to vent!!!

Tori

Please reassure me!!!!

BBC NEWS | Business | Bank's overdraft charges upheld

well its got me worried I can tell you!!!

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

I hate this I knew there was always a chance you could end up in court, but I thought we were in the right and was always quite confident with the law on our side, now not too sure, the only thing thats good, is there are lots of us doing this and in the same boat!

I was just about to finish my claim on MCOL but I think I will hold off untill more details of this case have been released!!

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!

Probably best just to see what actually happened, I mean it could be a case he didn't prepare properly or something, lets see I'm sure something will be posted soon about it! Thankfully I don't live in Birmingham!!! Hope you don't either!!!:D I just don't understand how the bank didn't even turn up and they still won, surely thats not right?!

Tori

Probably best just to see what actually happened, I mean it could be a case he didn't prepare properly or something, lets see I'm sure something will be posted soon about it! Thankfully I don't live in Birmingham!!! Hope you don't either!!!:D I just don't understand how the bank didn't even turn up and they still won, surely thats not right?!

Tori

I dont think it matters where it happened, all the banks will know by now that one of them has won so they're sure to all try it?!

28/2/07

8/3/07

14/3/07

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

I think you're right that banks every where will try it, BUT not all Judges everywhere agree with the banks.:)

Well lets hope so, I'm hoping the judge at my court will be the:) one thats fed up with the banks lol :)

28/2/07

8/3/07

14/3/07

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

28/4/07

11/5/07

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Ive decided I am going ahead with my claim!

Hey, I didnt have it in the first place and cant miss it, can I! At least I can say I tried if it comes to it! Will be waiting a few days to let the dust settle on this case and get the facts though!

I think its a lesson to us all that we cant be complacent about our claims, as I and I'm sure many others thought it was a dead cert!

Looks like alot more reading up and understanding of whats needed then!

As if I dont spend enough time on this site!!! Ha!

Just remember the thousands of claims that have been won and settled!

Keep the faith guys!!!!

(I am a little scared now though!!)

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!

I can see where you feel the need to vent , Torigirl - it threw me for a bit as well.

The way I see it , a District Judge cannot change the law, only administer it ,or interpret it. If his interpretation is questionable it's open to appeal, and I understand that this may yet be appealed.

It's possible, as has been said, that claimant made procedural errors and the Judge couldn't do anything else. Let's see what comes of it - but meanwhile,folks as Rhibox says:

"Keep the faith! " But keep the processes going as well! :cool:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Please note:

Any advice offered is my own opinion, without prejudice, and if in doubt seek clarification.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D