Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the responses, it'll be really interesting to find out what happened, where he went wrong (if he did). Lets hope he gets an appeal and it gets done properly this time! I wonder was he from this site? Or used advice from somewhere else (silly man if he did!!!)? Well peeps the faith is strong and the claim is still going!!! I wanna court date!!!:D

Tori:)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was from this site

Kevboy_telford Vs LLoyds - Consumer Action Group

Bit of a long read for you lol! :-)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Just had a read, it was amazing the support he's receiving!!! :) Its a shame that there is not much info about what he's done, but he's getting all the help he can off the mod's and site helpers and the normo's like us, so next time he'll win!!!:cool:

Oh, thanx for the link Tipsy!!!

Tori

Hi everyone,

I was really worried about this when I found out last night. REALLY worried - think of what would have happened if the judgement had gone the other way? It would have been "Nice one Kev; another victory etc" from us and more back slapping/confidence in our claims; imagine how the banks are feeling today!

As you can see, I was very worried. Until I spoke to Harvest (of Harvest Vs First Direct fame!) and came on here and found this out...

1) the judgement cannot set a precedent as it was only a district judge (I think that's right? It certainly doesn't set a precedent);

2) the judgement was that Kev didn't manage to convince the judge that the charges were unlawful and were/are penalties - from reading the tread on the Lloyds forum it would appear that may be Kev missed a few documents in his claim and therefore, it would seem, became a little complacent. This isn't meant as a dig at Kev in anyway as it's happened with my claim, until last night. I'm gutted for him but I'm sure he'll win his appeal. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IN YOUR CLAIM IS WATER TIGHT - CHECK IT AND RE-CHECK IT TO BE 100% EVERYTHING IS THERE;

3) Think of how many claims have been won by us and then how many have been won by banks?

4) This is one judge in one court;

5) Have a look through the thread on Lloyds and see what the mods and the people in the know are saying - we can and will still get the money back.

I'm gutted for Kev, but keep the faith.

Cheers,

KA.

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

Thanks K-attack! Your email just shows how bloody amazing this site is! The support, the advice, the friendly banter, it just amazes me how people you wouldn't even know in the street, just are here to help and support you through this whole process!!!:)

I'm defo up to donating £10+ if they set up a paypal account for him.

No worries! I'm sure we'll still win!

Some of the above may be bravado. By "some" I mean "all"...

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

torigirl just read all your thread and i will continue to follow you and support you . with my case barclays have till 4th june to enter their defence. i am encouraged by all your posts and hopefully we will all be successful.

linda

Hey Linda - God it must of took you ages to read all the stuff on here!!!! But Thank You!!!!!:D Good luck with your claim and any questions or just need a push give us a bell!:) We better be successful as I've spent the money I hope to get already!!!;)

Hi Images,

Did you receive an AQ or was that dispensed with? And was there a date about 2 weeks before the court date to hand in all the evidence (court bundle) to all parties? Have you read up in the FAQ's about the later stages, with a court date? I can't reccommend that enough you really should be reading everything.

Also you should start your own thread so mods and people can help you and give advice taylored to your claim, also I would send a private message (PM) to a mod or site helper your litigation details.

Morning Tori,

Had a letter from the court yesterday, it says:

"Before District Judge Hendicott sitting at Cardiff County Court

Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object ot the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Directions will be given in this case by the Designated Civil Judge, His Honour Judge G Hickinbottom, on the 14th Aug 07 @ 10.30 at Cardiff Court.

2. The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the court and the other side at lease 7 working days prior to the hearing.

Dated 12 May 2007"

Do you know what this means? Do I have to prepare a court bundle now?? Help!!! Have you heard anything?

POPPY07

Hey Poppy!

Ok you have a preliminary hearing, which is cool, you don't need to prepare a bundle just wait now until about 2 weeks before this date and phone Barclays saying got court date wanna settle?!!!:D

You're fine, I hope I get the same too!! Hopefully someone will be along in a bit and give a bit more advice if needed!

Thanks Tori, I'm sure yours will be in the post any day. Two weeks before - it seems like a lifetime away!!! Its only May!!

I want to start a claim with Lloyds too, bit nervous now after whats happened, but I suppose I have nothing to lose!!!

Thanks for your help x

POPPY07

August is a mega long wait, I really hope mine isn't as long but I beat it will be!

Exactly right, what have you got to lose!!! I think it was a case of not preparing properly with that case (but don't know that as fact!) that made them fail and also the Judge being a complete .....!!! You'll be fine with Lloyds.

Hows you and the baby?

Yep we're both fine ta!!! Struggling at mo to think of some names!! He's moving around loads and I'm starting to get a huge pot!!! Nevermind its all good fun!

Think I may ring Barclays in a few weeks and just say I have a court date, fancy settling!!! You never know they may just get it out of the way.

Why did that Lloyds claim go to court in the first place? I would've thought he'd have settled before hand, they must have known there was a loop hole.

Let me know when you recieve anything!

xx

POPPY07

I don't really know about Lloyds and whether this is what they normally do, but they didn't even turn up!

dar3n said earlier on someone elses thread that Barclays were getting fustrated with people ringing them as they are only dealing with imminent court dates, but it's up to you, just thought I had better warn you!!!:)

Ok girlies stop showing off with all your court dates!!!!:D I'm still waiting for mine, but I am pretty concerned, coz I go on holiday in just over a weeks time for about 3 weeks and I would hate to miss receiving the letter and if I have to do anything in that time (which I very much doubt but you never know!)

I wanna court date!:D

When you are saying you have your court dates, you mean the actual hearing and not a directions date like mine right??? Only ask because I haven't prepared a bundle!!

xx

Tori - can anyone in your family check your post for you, or how about ringing the court? Where you going? Wish I was jetting off for three weeks!!!

POPPY07